Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Aspiring Authors?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi all
Happy New Year! I trust you had a great holiday season and are looking forward to 2013 and all that it has to offer. May God bless you and be a blessing to others through you this year.

I am an aspiring author and in fact I also wanted to let you know I have written my first book. The Title is “Catch the Draft: Important life Lessons I learned from Cyclingâ€. I published it on Kindle. It is just a short book but it is only the first in a series on “Catch the Draftâ€. The others will go into more detail on some of the chapters in the first book.
It is not a book on cycling but the life lessons I’ve learned from cycling.
If you don’t have a kindle reader you can download a kindle app for your pc or ipad or Mac whatever, for free at Amazon, Kindle.
I have the book on a special price right now for only .99c. The regular price will probably be 2.99. If you are interested you can see and buy the book at the following address. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AVPXV8W
If you buy and download the book please go back to Kindle and give me a review. I am looking for reviews that is why the special price. If you like the book please also let others know.
I thought you might be interested. Writing like this is another new adventure for me and I am really enjoying it but Not as much as my cycling yet.
I’m ready for spring now.
God be with you all.
Dave

I would love the write a fantasy/sci-fi book someday, that and a cookbook. Currently the only thing I am doing to work towards it is writing on my blog, but I want to work more on plot and character ideas.

I would love the write a fantasy/sci-fi book someday, that and a cookbook. Currently the only thing I am doing to work towards it is writing on my blog, but I want to work more on plot and character ideas.

Rachel: Well, sounds interesting! Are you into Star Wars, maybe, or even anime cartoons, and things? C S Lewis is kind of fantasy with a message, I guess.

Blessings.

Rachel: Well, sounds interesting! Are you into Star Wars, maybe, or even anime cartoons, and things? C S Lewis is kind of fantasy with a message, I guess.

Blessings.

I myself don't like Star Wars, too cheesy for me, but I do like much sci-fi. I have not watched any anime either. I do love Star Trek (all of them except The Original Series), Doctor Who, and other smaller sci-fi shows. Currently I am watching a lot of Merlin. And yes, C.S Lewis wrote allegories with fantasy. I have always loved his stories.

I myself don't like Star Wars, too cheesy for me, but I do like much sci-fi. I have not watched any anime either. I do love Star Trek (all of them except The Original Series), Doctor Who, and other smaller sci-fi shows. Currently I am watching a lot of Merlin. And yes, C.S Lewis wrote allegories with fantasy. I have always loved his stories.

Rachel:

Star Wars too cheesy? Interesting way of putting it! If you think Star Wars is too cheesy, I guess that musically you would prefer solid Christian heavy metal to East Listening, etc. I myself never really got into stuff such as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Narnia, etc. but I know they have been very popular.

Blessings.

My family does not understand it either. Neither them nor I can figure out my sense of humor. I actually can't stand heavy metal, I am very picky when it comes to music as well. My favorite singer is actually Owl City, the lyrics are so imaginative, witty, fun, and for a few songs sad.

I would love to go to the pub in England one day where C.S Lewis, and J.R.R Tolkin (who were best friends) would go to discuss things including their books. Do you enjoy The Lord Of The Rings? I love those movies and really hope I can go see The Hobbit soon.

My family does not understand it either. Neither them nor I can figure out my sense of humor. I actually can't stand heavy metal, I am very picky when it comes to music as well. My favorite singer is actually Owl City, the lyrics are so imaginative, witty, fun, and for a few songs sad.

I would love to go to the pub in England one day where C.S Lewis, and J.R.R Tolkin (who were best friends) would go to discuss things including their books. Do you enjoy The Lord Of The Rings? I love those movies and really hope I can go see The Hobbit soon.

Rachel:

I'm not really into Tolkein, either, or C S Lewis, but I think there are folk at Belfast Bible College that have done special study of C S Lewis (he was from Belfast) and there are sometimes organized walks in the city in relation to C S Lewis associations.

Blessings.

Rachel:

I'm not really into Tolkein, either, or C S Lewis, but I think there are folk at Belfast Bible College that have done special study of C S Lewis (he was from Belfast) and there are sometimes organized walks in the city in relation to C S Lewis associations.

Blessings.

That sounds really interesting! I want to read more by C.S Lewis, there is some stuff of his I don't agree with but overall I really like his books. I read Mere Christianity a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

That sounds really interesting! I want to read more by C.S Lewis, there is some stuff of his I don't agree with but overall I really like his books. I read Mere Christianity a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

Rachel: I kind of struggle with the divorce thing, as well, with Lewis, but anyway I did meet a guy who used to organize tours, who was on the faculty at Belfast Bible College, but I don't remember his name.

Blessings.

Rachel: I kind of struggle with the divorce thing, as well, with Lewis, but anyway I did meet a guy who used to organize tours, who was on the faculty at Belfast Bible College, but I don't remember his name.

Blessings.

I do think he has a lot of good things to say, just don't believe everything he says. See if you believe it lines up with scripture. And when I say "you" I mean people generally, not you specifically.

I do think he has a lot of good things to say, just don't believe everything he says. See if you believe it lines up with scripture. And when I say "you" I mean people generally, not you specifically.

I guess I read the Screwtape Letters years ago and found it a bit weird. Maybe he's an acquired taste, or maybe his other stuff isn't as weird, I don't know.

I guess I read the Screwtape Letters years ago and found it a bit weird. Maybe he's an acquired taste, or maybe his other stuff isn't as weird, I don't know.

I have not read that yet, though it is on my "to-read" list. Mere Christianity did not seem weird at all though, and I have not read much stuff by Lewis other than the Narnia series.

I have not read that yet, though it is on my "to-read" list. Mere Christianity did not seem weird at all though, and I have not read much stuff by Lewis other than the Narnia series.

Rachel:

Oh okay.

The Screwtape Letters are an imaginary devil mouthing off. Kind of odd. Not my style. Glad to hear his other stuff sounds better.

Did you know that Joanna Rowling (who is actually younger than me...:) ) was influenced by C S Lewis, when she wrote the Harry Potter books?

Blessings.

Hm, no I did not. That is odd. I am not really a Harry Potter fan, I have some problems with the series.

Rachel: I'm too old to have ever gotten into Harry Potter, I guess, but it seems to me to be not too different from C S Lewis's the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Blessings.

Rachel: I'm too old to have ever gotten into Harry Potter, I guess, but it seems to me to be not too different from C S Lewis's the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Blessings.

They are actually quite different. The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe has an evil witch. It shows kids that witches are bad, but at the same time does not actually go into witches much, it does not even contain spells. Harry Potter on the other hand has many ties to the occult. Here is one article on the subject but there are many. I would not say someone is wrong for reading the books, but I don't believe it is the best choice.

Rachel:

I find some of the names intriguing. Prince Caspian, for example; reminds me of the Caspian Sea; kind of assumes exotic things about the place, I suppose....

Blessings.

Rachel:

I find some of the names intriguing. Prince Caspian, for example; reminds me of the Caspian Sea; kind of assumes exotic things about the place, I suppose....

Blessings.

Yeah, the name does sound more exotic, which was probably what Lewis was looking for. I find it interesting to see how authors decide on names for characters in their books. Suzanne Collins has some pretty cool meanings behind the names from The Hunger Games.

Yeah, the name does sound more exotic, which was probably what Lewis was looking for. I find it interesting to see how authors decide on names for characters in their books. Suzanne Collins has some pretty cool meanings behind the names from The Hunger Games.

Rachel:

Is this another author that you like?

Blessings.

Back