Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

At a loss

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jared185

Hello,

So I’ve been struggling with this and it’s really hurting me to a point where I feel like giving up. So I asked Jesus to save me and I pray and am fearful of Disappointing him when I know I mess up. I’ve had a deep void in my life and now I feel whole. I feel like a ton of stress has been lifted and I can breath again. But here’s my issue I want a close relationship with god more than anything and keep getting these thoughts and dreams that won’t go away of preaching and teaching the gospel.(which excites me) I read the Bible everyday since I told god I give him everything. but I get these thoughts of doubt every so often that makes me feel like I can’t be saved. For instance does god really exist or was this an elaborate scheme which if you do research you’ll know the odds of it being a scheme is just rediculous(I know it’s not) and not to mention I can’t even form a mental picture of heaven. But getting these doubts are making me question my salvation or if I even truly believe or if I’m just defective and doomed to hell. On the other hand I have been changed by getting saved. And I now have a fire to do anything I can for god and ask that he uses me for a purpose. Im really excited about it but this situation has really been a burden and at this point I’m not sure what to do. It’s like a split personality one side that believes wholeheartedly and another side that comes in while I’m praying or singing or whatever and says this is not real. I’ve asked god to help with my unbelief but it just won’t go away.

t I get these thoughts of doubt every so often that makes me feel like I can’t be saved. For instance does god really exist or was this an elaborate scheme which if you do research you’ll know the odds of it being a scheme is just rediculous(I know it’s not) and not to mention I can’t even form a mental picture of heaven. But getting these doubts are making me question my salvation or if I even truly believe or if I’m just defective and doomed to hell.

There is nothing wrong with having questions or even doubts about Christianity or about ones fait, that is provided one is actively seeking answers to those questions.

Also be aware that there are what are called 'intrusive thoughts' random thoughts that challenge one, these one simple acknowledges and moves on.

Learn to distinguish between a genuine question/doubt and a n intrusive thought.
Deal with your doubts etc by learning about what and why you believe.

You want to preach etc. So join a church that practices what ir preaches, ask question of the preacher and get involved.

What would you say to someone who had just discovered the joy of running and was talking about running a marathon? basic answer is get running experience and train, train and train.

This applies to your desire to preach/teach, learn, grow and prepare.

Hello,

So I’ve been struggling with this and it’s really hurting me to a point where I feel like giving up. So I asked Jesus to save me and I pray and am fearful of Disappointing him when I know I mess up. I’ve had a deep void in my life and now I feel whole. I feel like a ton of stress has been lifted and I can breath again. But here’s my issue I want a close relationship with god more than anything and keep getting these thoughts and dreams that won’t go away of preaching and teaching the gospel.(which excites me) I read the Bible everyday since I told god I give him everything. but I get these thoughts of doubt every so often that makes me feel like I can’t be saved. For instance does god really exist or was this an elaborate scheme which if you do research you’ll know the odds of it being a scheme is just rediculous(I know it’s not) and not to mention I can’t even form a mental picture of heaven. But getting these doubts are making me question my salvation or if I even truly believe or if I’m just defective and doomed to hell. On the other hand I have been changed by getting saved. And I now have a fire to do anything I can for god and ask that he uses me for a purpose. Im really excited about it but this situation has really been a burden and at this point I’m not sure what to do. It’s like a split personality one side that believes wholeheartedly and another side that comes in while I’m praying or singing or whatever and says this is not real. I’ve asked god to help with my unbelief but it just won’t go away.
Hello jared185
We all get questions. We will never know the answer to everything. God reveals to us whatever He wants us to know at the right time. This is good because we can study the subject of our question. That is how God sometimes leads
Doubts do come to many. Satan loves to put them into thoughts. Just rebuke him and quote scripture like Jesus did. Try not to feel on the negative thoughts .
Carry on with your prayers, studies and singing a hymn.

Hello,

i guess one truth is that God loves you not because you are so good but because God is so good -

gotta run will post more later

praying for you - keep talking to God - He will answer

Hi jared185 and welcome to CF :wave2

I think many of us when we first came to Christ, even after being Spiritually born again from above and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, get moments of doubt and that is the spirit of unbelief trying to buffet you as Satan wants to steal your faith causing you to become confused at times, wanting to give up.

God knows your heart and the more you get to know Christ as you develop that personal relationship with Him the more these doubts will go away as Christ reveals Himself to you. Never be afraid to ask questions as we are all ever learning as no one holds all the knowledge that is contained in the Bible. You have that hunger and when the time is right within God's timing He will use you in a mighty way.

God bless you my new friend

Hello,

The desires you have to serve and please the Lord come from within your spirit, where the Holy Spirit dwells; the new nature

The doubts and ugly thoughts come through the un-renewed mind that must become renewed and thus facilitate transformation.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1-2

God truly loves you and has many wonderful things for you to accomplish for Him.

Find a group of like minded believers and stay connected to the body.

Learn to discipline your body, and to have private devotions every day with the Lord. Be consistent in this and you will grow strong in your inner man.

Be blessed.

JLB

Hello,

Jared, I noticed you have not been on since Friday. If you are still interested in help on this issue, post a reply on your return. I can give you some very specific steps to take that will start alleviating the problem, and rather quickly, based on scripture.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Hello,

I want a close relationship with god more than anything
jared185 my brother in Christ

I too wanted that closeness with God and to love him with all my heart, but didn't know how.
So I prayed and prayed, and was openly honest with Him about putting this in His hands and doing His will in and through me, and over time, God started to teach me to love Him and also others, by Him changing my heart.

God bless you, and may His closeness that comes to you be a blessing, you can use for Him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back