Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs At the old Katy Station

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Barbarian

Baggage cart on the platform of the old Katy Station in West, Texas. Just found it going though my old files. This might be the last image I made on my Pentax *stDS before I handed it off to Meagan. Taken the weekend before the fertilizer plant blew up there.

16808272740_6ac4899067_b.jpg

how old is that? and do you have any other pictures of it?

our old station is dated to 1903. it has the same thing with the railroad(the hand powered cart) as well

And a similar one in St. Charles, Mo.
8342137081_d2695a6ae8_b.jpg

The Katy line was old, old, in Texas. Over 100 years, anyway. The platform baggage carts are kind of a thing with me. My dad was a roadmaster, and we went everywhere on trains via passes. I can remember the old men (at the time I think they only hired old black men) loading and unloading baggage.

The semaphore at West is long gone. Aren't many in use on main lines, now, and in a while they'll all be gone. That pole at the station in St. Charles is the catcher pouch pole. In the old days, when the trains didn't stop in small towns, the mail would be put in a catcher pouch on the pole, and the clerk in the postal car would grab it when the train went through, at the same time, tossing off the bag of incoming mail.

I can remember going down to the station and watching it.

that's it the semaphore. that is being restored here. it was donated and then being worked on.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back