Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Atheist in a Christian Den.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You have to understand that there are other forums where you could debate us. This is supposed to be a forum for christians to rest and discuss topics within and related to ourselves. If you want an all out battleground there is somewhere else for that. It seems to me like you are just here to try and sway people to your beliefs. But perhaps not. You could always prove me wrong. But based on what I have seen thats what I believe. But like I said, You could always prove me wrong. Non-Christians are welcome here, As long as you are trying to learn about us and NOT here trying to sway us to your beliefs. If you don't want us trying to sway you go somewhere else. Or to a fair game battlegrounds.

If you would be so kind as to name a few of the fair battleground sites. Don't worry, I realize the mistake I made in going to this forum. I understand the basic workings of christianity, and I hate it when people assume that I don't know Christianity simply because I don't believe.

I will not try to dissuade any of you guys, and I will not challenge any of your assertions. All I ask is for you to redirect me to a site for that to be avaliable to me.

I will stick around, though admittedly. I am quite mad that I was shut down for giving you guys a chance to understand my beliefs and get answers from my perpective. Of course I knew that I can't try to convince you. All I was trying to do was just get you to understand my position a bit.

Your's in Life,

Atothetheist.

If you would be so kind as to name a few of the fair battleground sites. Don't worry, I realize the mistake I made in going to this forum. I understand the basic workings of christianity, and I hate it when people assume that I don't know Christianity simply because I don't believe.

I will not try to dissuade any of you guys, and I will not challenge any of your assertions. All I ask is for you to redirect me to a site for that to be avaliable to me.

I will stick around, though admittedly. I am quite mad that I was shut down for giving you guys a chance to understand my beliefs and get answers from my perpective. Of course I knew that I can't try to convince you. All I was trying to do was just get you to understand my position a bit.

Your's in Life,

Atothetheist.

Heres the thing. I have experienced both sides as a swinging pendulum. And you really dont know christianity if you arent a christian. I tell you that with truth. I personally don't know any websites because I don't go looking for them. While I have been on a science forum where I went on endless debates with other atheist on their points of view. There it was rather a Christian in an Atheist Den. (Funny I know you guys generally don't mind us expressing ourselves, When I tried to express myn there I got shut down.) So it was always an argument against an atheist that started a thread talking about how stupid Christianity or what it believes is. Or how they hate it.

Help me to understand this please? You shouldn't have to defend anything, and neither should we.

Proverbs 30:33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.

You are free to mingle among us, but if your main purpose is to wring our noses or get your nose wrung, then why would we want to allow strife knowing that it would only lead to strife?

That's one reason why I stepped down from being a moderator. It's like taking care of a handful of kids who don't know how to behave themselves at times and act decently toward one another.

Don't get me wrong, I can loose my cool too, hey I'm human. But it's those like yourself who come in and want to start a ruckus and validate your own identity that usually cause most of the issues. Prove me wrong, I dare you. Let me give you some advice though, be comfortable with who you are... you don't have to prove what you believe if your really secure in that which you believe in.

My hats off to all the Mods here. Your doing a fantastic job!

The bible verse does nothing for me. I understand. I am not trying to debate for the sake of riling you guys up, I honestly want to have a good discussion on what you guys believe, what evidence you have, whether or not it can be provable, or observable. Whether or not God is all good. Believe it or not, I have met Christians who think God is evil..... I am not here to prove myself superior.

This is why I started Ask an Atheist, so that I could explain why atheists like debate. We want to know the truth, and we believe through dicussion and debate we can find it.

Heres the thing. I have experienced both sides as a swinging pendulum. And you really dont know christianity if you arent a christian. I tell you that with truth. I personally don't know any websites because I don't go looking for them. While I have been on a science forum where I went on endless debates with other atheist on their points of view. There it was rather a Christian in an Atheist Den. (Funny I know you guys generally don't mind us expressing ourselves, When I tried to express myn there I got shut down.) So it was always an argument against an atheist that started a thread talking about how stupid Christianity or what it believes is. Or how they hate it.

Really? Lol, the forum I am on in the atheist community actually encourages theists to join in, and they allow and as a theist thread.

First of all, let me tell you this once. I was a real christian, who are you to say otherwise? I believed wholeheartedly. You do not have the right, nor any insight
into my life.

I do not mean to say this with hate, so please don't take it as such. You are commiting the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy. Google it. You only have your belief, and while you and I clearly differ, I can ( sort of) understand where you are coming from.

There is a reason, theists, that atheists go on sites like these. At least, there are reasons besides what you may consider trolling. We want to learn truth, and we are open to the idea of God, but we can't believe in him until evidence turns up that is credible.

Believe what you want,Sir. You do not have the right to tell me what I was and what I wasn't.

Really? Lol, the forum I am on in the atheist community actually encourages theists to join in, and they allow and as a theist thread.

First of all, let me tell you this once. I was a real christian, who are you to say otherwise? I believed wholeheartedly. You do not have the right, nor any insight
into my life.

I do not mean to say this with hate, so please don't take it as such. You are commiting the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy. Google it. You only have your belief, and while you and I clearly differ, I can ( sort of) understand where you are coming from.

There is a reason, theists, that atheists go on sites like these. At least, there are reasons besides what you may consider trolling. We want to learn truth, and we are open to the idea of God, but we can't believe in him until evidence turns up that is credible.

Believe what you want,Sir. You do not have the right to tell me what I was and what I wasn't.

Never told you what you was and what you wasn't, I was giving you my personal experience. When you are non-christian everything about your way of thinking changes. Because I experienced a "pendulum effect" I quickly swung from one side to the other. And through multiple quick swings I reallized the immense mental swing that occurs that you didn't even really notice. When you are on the Christian side your thinking is whether you notice the change or not. Completely different from when you are not. Just speaking from my own experience.

Never told you what you was and what you wasn't, I was giving you my personal experience. When you are non-christian everything about your way of thinking changes. Because I experienced a "pendulum effect" I quickly swung from one side to the other. And through multiple quick swings I reallized the immense mental swing that occurs that you didn't even really notice. When you are on the Christian side your thinking is whether you notice the change or not. Completely different from when you are not. Just speaking from my own experience.

And you really dont know christianity if you arent a christian.

Yes, clearly you weren't telling me what I was... You said this.

Clearly I am being to harsh on you. I don't really mean to. I really hate when people use fallacies in their arguements.... Not that this is an argument. It is an error on my part. I read too much into it. Sorry.

Yes, clearly you weren't telling me what I was... You said this.

No, You yourself said that you were an Atheist. Not me, Based on the fact that you said that. I assumed that you was. Sorry if there was a misconception and you are Christian. I never said you haven't been Christian. I just said that when you arent a Christian you don't know it. Even if you have been there you still don't know it fully.

No, You yourself said that you were an Atheist. Not me, Based on the fact that you said that. I assumed that you was. Sorry if there was a misconception and you are Christian. I never said you haven't been Christian. I just said that when you arent a Christian you don't know it. Even if you have been there you still don't know it fully.

I know Christianity. I am an atheist, I editted my post.

Sorry, I am reading too much into things. My fault.

I know Christianity. I am an atheist, I editted my post.

Sorry, I am reading too much into things. My fault.

Thanks for clearing things up on the first part. But I am going to argue (Just based on personal experience. And if we take this far enough we should just make a new thread.) That is you are not currently Christian. Then you don't know much more than its laws. Its powers may race through your mind. But its still not the same as when you are there. You know the laws. You know what some Christians are like. You remember what you were like. But you lose the POV you held the moment before you abandoned Christianity. And when you pick it back up it changes back. I just tell you this from my own experience. I have nobody elses testimony.

Thanks for clearing things up on the first part. But I am going to argue (Just based on personal experience. And if we take this far enough we should just make a new thread.) That is you are not currently Christian. Then you don't know much more than its laws. Its powers may race through your mind. But its still not the same as when you are there. You know the laws. You know what some Christians are like. You remember what you were like. But you lose the POV you held the moment before you abandoned Christianity. And when you pick it back up it changes back. I just tell you this from my own experience. I have nobody elses testimony.

Please explain? I am quite interested now.

You are a mod. I am only here because I wanted to discuss.

Yeah? I may be a mod but I am still able to have an ordinary conversation like the rest of us :lol. I just have the extra responsibility of making sure everything stays civilized and within the TOS.

Yeah? I may be a mod but I am still able to have an ordinary conversation like the rest of us :lol. I just have the extra responsibility of making sure everything stays civilized and within the TOS.

And you must make sure American Football is not practised here. Have you done that yet???:bigfrown
if you haven't then....

Of course I knew that I can't try to convince you. All I was trying to do was just get you to understand my position a bit.

Why do you want to come to a Christian forum where faith matters are discussed so we can understand your position? I mean, besides the obvious. When atheists join this community, they always say they want to discuss, learn and/or understand. When said by atheists (who state they KNOW there is no God), these are euphemisms for, "I intend to argue every point I can, because I get a rush out of going into Christian groups and demonstrating by my superior intellect that god is a fairy tale.". When they say they know Christianity because they once were Christians, they were not in Truth. The vast, vast majority never knew Jesus or they couldn't/wouldn't walk away from Him. They certainly wouldn't fight against faith in Him. They were almost certainly raised in a Club-Christian and church was a place to go. When they say they know the Bible, they don't. They know the words but not the song.

"No, that's not true of me! You don't know me at all!"

From your very first post, you showed your hand. When you were met with resistance, you back-peddled a bit to hide it. But, we already saw what you came here with.

If you were an agnostic, okay. Someone who's seeking to truly arrive at the Truth in life is always welcome here. But you have no doubt that you're right and we are wrong. Here's the rhetorical question: Then why join a Christian board?

It's obvious. :wave

I love it when Atheist join this site. I wish more would. My favorite Atheist was "Logical Bob". Anyone remember him? I miss him so much; one day he just up and left after a lenthy discussion. :sad

So, Atothetheist, welcome to the site. :wave

I think atheists and Christians should engage more often. If it wasn't for the likes of Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens, I'm not sure I would be as firm in my faith as I am. They raised some very tough questions and objections and I took their advice on thinking about things but didn't end up where they wanted.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back