Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

August already...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

farouk

Time is flying this year; it's August already and before we know it, it will be Labor Day... :chin

"Redeeming the time..."

Blessings.

I'm a little happy about it because less humidity, and look forward to fall leaves. I love the smell in the air..

What August means to me:

Two months to the fall Dragon run... and in about six weeks, temperatures in North Georgia will, on average, start to go down.

I love winter...but... It's kind of odd. I feel my mortality. I am aware of my being. And I also feel that life is very short. I agree that this year is going by too quickly.

It seems like this year has just started...I am also looking forward to fall along with cooler weather! :) Before you know it, we will be in the holiday season! :crazy

It seems like this year has just started...I am also looking forward to fall along with cooler weather! :) Before you know it, we will be in the holiday season! :crazy
Let's not go all NUTS here - I take comfort in the fact that the holidays are a LONG way off...

No need to plan ahead for them, or anything crazy like that.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom" (Psalm 90).

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not go all NUTS here - I take comfort in the fact that the holidays are a LONG way off... No need to plan ahead for them, or anything crazy like that.

LOL Pizzaguy! Yes...it's still a long way off...and I am choosing to enjoy every moment until then. :)

I love winter...but... It's kind of odd. I feel my mortality. I am aware of my being. And I also feel that life is very short. I agree that this year is going by too quickly.

Angel: Here's a good verse: Genesis 8.22: 'While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and hear, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.'

We serve a faithful Lord.

Blessings.

It's almost november and they are already selling christmas stuff everywhere. Tonight we are going from daylight savings to "normal" time. So there is no denying, the winter half of the year has begun.
But today we had 20° Celsius, mild summer weather. I was walking home barefoot and in a sleeveless shirt earlier this evening. I know today's "heat" is the precursor to the storm that we're gonna get tomorrow, but I felt very blessed today having another chance to walk barefoot before the winter comes. I never before walked barefoot through fallen leaves on the ground.

Anyway.
Everyone seems to think that time flies. Many people seem to dislike how fast time seems to pass. So is there a way to "slow it down"? Like, to feel that time either goes slower, or to feel that time is so filled with life and experience that although it went by so fast it appears like it was really long? You know what I mean?

Angel: Here's a good verse: Genesis 8.22: 'While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and hear, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.'

We serve a faithful Lord.

Blessings.

We serve a mind-boggling Lord! The earth. The creatures in the earth. The earth turning around in space. The sun is awesome. How can people not believe in God? I think they're nuts!!!

We serve a mind-boggling Lord! The earth. The creatures in the earth. The earth turning around in space. The sun is awesome. How can people not believe in God? I think they're nuts!!!

...and now it's nearly the end of October... :)
Blessings.

From November through December time goes quite fast for me!

Angel:

My wife and I will have to start doing our Christmas card list soon...

(One year we finished it by about the 2nd or 3rd week in November.)

Blessings.

I wish I had enough friends to write a yearly-letter like that. It would be cool! :)

I live in a small world. I'm almost 30 but live like an older adult. I can't wait to gain the wisdom and maturity that comes with aging. I already have some so far. Though, don't take me wrong, I'm not wishing my life away!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back