Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Awesome Realization

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was reading a a post on another website that really made me think, and should make others think too. Here is what the post said:

"I can think of no other religion or holy scripture that speaks of a blind man being caused to see because of a miracle."

The poster makes a good point. It just goes to show that Jesus Christ ultimately has all the authority in Heaven and on earth to perform miracles. Praise the Lord He's still in the saving business.

Hi again dear sister. That is a sound doctrine, but then it occurs regularly today as God opens my ears and eyes to His truth. I can truly say that I was blind and deaf to anything beyond self, and He presented Himself so simply that I could believe, and that is a miracle.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :clap

I was reading a a post on another website that really made me think, and should make others think too. Here is what the post said:

"I can think of no other religion or holy scripture that speaks of a blind man being caused to see because of a miracle."

The poster makes a good point. It just goes to show that Jesus Christ ultimately has all the authority in Heaven and on earth to perform miracles. Praise the Lord He's still in the saving business.
It is probably better to have some other basis for your belief in Jesus Christ. Most religions will have some miracle or other that is not held in common with other religions. Islam has the moon being sundered in half and then put back together.

I am fond of pointing out to Mormons that they believe their stuff because of a subjective event, I call a "Maalox moment" aka "burning bosom" but Christians believe because the evidence is overwhelming.
Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools...
Thus those who moan and groan about the things God plainly has left for our seeing and subsequent believing shall be the things that shal judge the non-believing at the judgment. Thus they are without excuse, and there is no joy or smugness in saying that.

You see the Mormons believe without any evidence that a late iron age people took a bunch of boats, sailed from Saudi Arabia, went in the Antarctic Ocean counter to the flow of the current around Africa, traversed the Southern Atlantic Ocean, and traveled to the Caribbean Ocean, and landed.

Once there, they forgot how to write Hebrew, their native language, forgot the Torah, and forgot how to make the wheel so that they could live as a stone-age civilization as hunter/gatherers. (Sounds logical, right?)

there is absolutely no evidence for such a preposterous tale.

But as a believer, you see the miracles, and praise God, but that is not the thoughts of the unbelieving. They seek to find a WAY TO ELIMINATE GOD and thus make themselves "off the hook" for not believing.

Yet the Christians can also point to about 100 different cites that have been excavated by many different world-class archeologists, like Albright, Garstang and others who have discovered places mentioned in the Bible, and exactly where they should be.

It is not that the Archeologists prove anything, rather it is that God has left a record of what He did and we are privileged to unearth those things.

So in addition to what you said, you should know that that no other religion has the records that Christianity and Judiasm has.

Also, I could go on about the record of prophecy. But suffice it to say that our religion is great, and unique and true because we worship the TRUE God, who has all those attributes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back