Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

b-day milestones

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What did you think when you turned.....I dunno...18? 21? 30? 50? Any freak outs? Regrets? Misgivings? Happiness, a sense of maturation?

More of a anti milestone but I never thought id live to be 40 as I lived a pretty unhealthy life when I was younger.Now that im approaching 40 im kinda disappointed that it appears i'll make it there.

42, not staying the active army. I might have a retirement that would make it a lot easier to have more time for personal things. getting saved at a younger age. staying a virigin until marriage.

23 was kind of turning point for me. It was my golden birthday, I was a handful of years out of highschool and wasn't really doing anything significant. What really made me take a pause and see how things were was when I was opening presents given by my family.

It was all Star Wars stuff.

Now, I am still a Star Wars fan, but at that time I had a moment and looked at everything I was given and wondered what was going on. I thought, "I am not a kid anymore, why am I finding so much importance in all this stuff?" I really had no friends left, due to a major falling out the previous year, and I felt like I was just spinning my wheels where I was.

Later that same year I quit my job in the mailroom at Western Publishing and moved to California. Since then I worked about a dozen different jobs, got married, had kids and now work for a rather large company earning way more than I ever thought possible for someone who never finished college.

God had His hand in everything and it is amazing to look back and see how everything played out.

42, not staying the active army. I might have a retirement that would make it a lot easier to have more time for personal things. getting saved at a younger age. staying a virigin until marriage.

42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, so that's the best age to be.

The TOG​

42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, so that's the best age to be.

The TOG​
I don't have that issue, just saying what regrets I have now. I do try to see good in all things as hard as that can be. today I took my wife to walk while I ran the course I wanted to. she walks about the same area I run. the car I fixed is overheating. great.

Right around when I turned 28 was when my mind really clicked into place and I let go of all the pettiness of childhood. I was so happy when I turned 30 and honestly, I love getting older. It means I'm getting wiser and growing up. That's especially important because I was very baby-ish in highschool and immature. Late bloomer I guess! :biggrin

Are you saying that marriage and basic training are pretty much the same thing?

The TOG​
I do, I have a drill sergeant for wife at times. she says what I have heard and said and I have not said that around her. move with a purpose.

Reactions: TOG
I used to didn't want to grow older. Now I'm enjoying it. Everythings better as you age. The kids move out, older ladies have less drama, people in general have less drama, what's not to like about aging?

When I'm about 50K years old then I look forward to looking back in amusement to these times. According to Gods clock (1 day/1000 years) I am less than two hours old right now, so I'm not even in my prime yet and have a lot to look forward to.

I used to didn't want to grow older. Now I'm enjoying it. Everythings better as you age. The kids move out, older ladies have less drama, people in general have less drama, what's not to like about aging?

When I'm about 50K years old then I look forward to looking back in amusement to these times. According to Gods clock (1 day/1000 years) I am less than two hours old right now, so I'm not even in my prime yet and have a lot to look forward to.

• Your eyesight starts getting worse
  • Your bladder stops working properly
  • Your joints stiffen up and stop working
  • Your hearing isn't as good
  • Your hair starts migrating from your head to your ears
  • Your memory starts failing
  • Your friends don't talk about anything but their health problems
  • The most exciting "sport" you can participate in is checkers
Do you want me to go on?

The TOG​

• Your eyesight starts getting worse
  • Your bladder stops working properly
  • Your joints stiffen up and stop working
  • Your hearing isn't as good
  • Your hair starts migrating from your head to your ears
  • Your memory starts failing
  • Your friends don't talk about anything but their health problems
  • The most exciting "sport" you can participate in is checkers
Do you want me to go on?

The TOG​

So? The Lord will catch up to us with the upgrades. We must learn to be content where we are, and to look at the big picture. Delayed gratification is an admirable trait to have. The Lord was very irritated at the Israelis for murmuring so he let them wander for forty years in the desert. We should take the same hint, and instead of harping on what could be better for us, we should be able to see where things could be worse for us. Times and seasons brother. Have patience. :)

Reactions: TOG
Back