Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baby Names

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Sean and Jeff are both lovely names. Keep them coming everyone. We are open to numerous ideas. At the time we are hanging on these two.

Johnathan Michael
Robert Samuel

I named my daughter after both my grandmothers: Cecilia Ruth. Both very traditional names...I lean towards traditional. But I almost name her Grace or Joy. I love the name Grace.

For boys, I lean towards my Russian side. If God blesses me with a son, his name will be Peter Boris (I guess depending on my future husband's approval!) But I also like Javier...in english I suppose it would be Xavier.

When my sister was expecting her third son, her oldest (who was 7) wanted to name him Nebuchadnezzar from "Daniel and the Lion's den" story. How about that one? :lol:

caromurp said:
When my sister was expecting her third son, her oldest (who was 7) wanted to name him Nebuchadnezzar from "Daniel and the Lion's den" story. How about that one? :lol:

Oh my...that is a long one!

For a Girl, one name that I have always liked is Kaytlyn(Spell as Desired, sorry Dora.)

For a boy, I like Timothy, not just because it's my name, but because it means "To Honor God"

I think when/if God blesses a wife and I with children I would like to name them the old fashion way, by naming them in a way that acknowledges God's role in giving them to us or by naming them in how we want God to use their lives.

Blazin Bones said:
I think when/if God blesses a wife and I with children I would like to name them the old fashion way, by naming them in a way that acknowledges God's role in giving them to us or by naming them in how we want God to use their lives.

In a way that is what the hubby and I are trying to do. Though more or less it is more our way of honoring our faith and thanking God for the little one that we are expecting and could not be happier to have.

I really like the name Hannah. It means "grace". In the Bible, Samuel's mother was named Hannah. She was a strong woman of prayer, which undoubtedly had a big effect on Samuel's life.

Hannah is a beautiful name. I cannot argue with that. Strangely...your mentioning that makes me feel all the more right about a girl's name I have already selected....that being:

Grace Jeannine Rose

This name would be after the child's great grandmother and one of my greatest role models in my life.....my grandma. Providing of course the baby is a she. *chuckles*

Lostlamb, have you found out the gender of your baby yet? My wife and I just found out our 2nd will be a boy (as is our first.) We are leaning toward the name Jacen which I found, and my wife likes. Now I will award 50 geek points to anyone that knows where I got the name.

MISFIT said:
Lostlamb, have you found out the gender of your baby yet? My wife and I just found out our 2nd will be a boy (as is our first.) We are leaning toward the name Jacen which I found, and my wife likes. Now I will award 50 geek points to anyone that knows where I got the name.

Misfit,

It is a bit early to know the gender of my little one. I am only entering into the middle of my second month. So I have some waiting to do. The fun part of this is, my husband and I are already debating on the gender. *chuckles* He is almost POSITIVE it is a boy. Whereas I am not so sure. So it will prove to be a most interesting debate until the matter is settled.

Jacen....that is beautiful. The spelling though now has my curiousity peaked.

caromurp said:
Jacen is one of Han Solo's children from Star Wars :wink:

We have a winner! If you couldn't tell already I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan.

Lostlamb, if you are a fan of the films you should give the books a go most of them are very good, a nice place to start would be either the courtship of Princess Leia or the Admiral Thrawn trilogy.

MISFIT said:
url=http://planetsmilies.net]
star-wars-smiley-6451.gif
[/url]

Lostlamb, if you are a fan of the films you should give the books a go most of them are very good, a nice place to start would be either the courtship of Princess Leia or the Admiral Thrawn trilogy.

Love R2d2! :-D I may have to take you up on those suggestions Misfit!

Hi Lovebirds,

After reading some of the lovely input, I desided to offer a name. I ammediately went for the name of Mechivischeph, because of how it was such a vital name in the story of King David and Saul and the first of the Kings of Israel. Now I am not submitting that name. I pulled it up because I wanted an example of a name that tells a story that people would become more aware of there historic heritage, but still have a present signicance. With a real catchy word to boot. I just thought of Elmer Fud, you just knew he was made to twak wid a wiiisp. Thinking through as a detatched friend from afar, is really different. "cyber time"

There we go, Cyber. A good start. Cyber Time Smith. Yah, maybe good too. Like hey, Cyber, why does the T in your middle name stand for time? Well, it like this I just get it all, in no time at all..... Got cha

How about Cyber Lamb Smith. You guys arn't lost any longer, you have come to cyber Jesus land.

Hope you darlings get a gooden.

Thank you again everyone for the name suggestions. Baby's due date at the present has been declared:

JULY 5TH

Right now the names we are set on are:

Boys

Joshua Levi
Robert Michael

Girls

Grace Jeannine Rose
Misty Dawn Faith

Feel free to share your thoughts. May not be around for a while though to read them. Still, they are much appreciated.

GO WITH JOSHUA!!! :biggrin

Boy or girl JOSHUA is the name!! ;) :biggrin

Combine the two and go with Joshua Michael.

Funny (or strange) but true...mine and my brother-in-law first two names are Joshua Michael, different last names of course.

For 20 years, I have wished that someone would call their daughter "Xenia" (pronounced like "Zenia"). So far, no one has taken me up on it. It is a Greek word which means "hospitality".

Paidion said:
For 20 years, I have wished that someone would call their daughter "Xenia" (pronounced like "Zenia"). So far, no one has taken me up on it. It is a Greek word which means "hospitality".

Most Americans of child bearing age will not probably use the name Xenia. There was a TV show here called "Xenia Warrior Princess". It was somewhat popular but very often made fun of. So when people see the name Xenia they probably think of that show not how neat the name is.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back