Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Back To School Jitters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mstrohm

So how do you handle your child's Back-To-School jitters? Do you have a routine? Do you have a special way of handling this?

So how do you handle your child's Back-To-School jitters?

We homeschool. You might want to consider it. It is not as difficult as many who do not homeschool often think.

My second oldest just started middle school. Just before school started, I could tell he was nervous. I kept reminding him that I was available to talk to if he needed me. I also had his older brother give him a pep talk. The school had a back to school night and I made sure we went so he could see where he had to go, and knew what the environment was like.

I have three kids in school. 8th, 6th, and 3rd grade. When it gets close to return to school, I think one of the most important things a parent can do is to show unbridled enthusiasm toward the prospect of going back to school as if they were going also. Our kids look up to us and that kind of enthusiasm is contagious.

One last thing was when I was buying school supplies. After I had everything the teachers wanted I asked my kids what they wanted for school that they thought would help them. Luckily this stuff wasn't too expensive. My 6th grader wanted one of the new fangled folders with all the zippers and compartments. I don't know if it will help him, but it sure looks cool. But the important thing is that he thinks it will help.

Everyday when I drop my kids off at school, as I see them walking away, I pray to the Lord to bless them and keep them safe, and to help them grow in wisdom and knowledge. I also pray that they and their classmates all return home safely to those who love them more than anything in this world.

Then at night as I am falling asleep I thank the Lord for answering my prayer.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back