Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism of the Holy Spirit, is not at salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A Jewish person receives Jesus with his background.

A Gentile receives Jesus with his background

Abraham is the father of both Jews and Gentiles. One new man explained in Ephesians is understood.

Ephesians 2:15 KJV
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Seems like God is able to take all who speak of Jesus and bring fellowship. In one sense this web site does just that. Like pulling teeth st times, but we all have Jewish roots. (Screams galore).

eddif

but I know what you mean, many pentecostal churches let tongues run rampant, and everyone everywhere is excersizing their gift, no doubt to much confusion. But I like the verse that states, "let all things be done decently and in order" 1 Cor 14:40
If tongues is a legitimate gift today, then the only legitimate use of tongues publicly is when someone with the gift of interpretation is present and interpreting. Otherwise, it must be done in private, only between the person and God. 1 Cor 14.

I understand that faith is a gift, but on the one hand faith involves repenting, and it is our responsibility to repent, so God does his part in salvation, which is convince us of his Gospel through his spirit, while we take that to heart and render our lives worthy of the gift through repentance. Matt 10:37, 22:8 God will not repent for us.
Same as believe. God will not believe for us. Repentance and belief are things we do. Faith is something given to us by God, at least in part if not in whole.

Same as believe. God will not believe for us. Repentance and belief are things we do. Faith is something given to us by God, at least in part if not in whole.
Right. "Faith" is the noun form of 'believe', the verb. The noun is the essence of what is believed.

In that sense, faith is a gift. iow, God has given us His Word, both written (Bible) and living (His Son Jesus Christ).

I don't think I forgot Israel at all.

Israel had to learn the symbolism (shadows, types just as well as the Gentiles). The Jewish (insert your own favorite descriptive terms) happened to understand first at the day of Pentecost as they described / heard the mighty works of God :
Acts 2:11 KJV
Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

These are the grieving Jews(over the sins of Israel) sent into foreign lands before the destruction of Jerusalem.

Then
The Gentiles received the Holy Spirit the same way.
Acts 10:27 KJV
And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.
28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?
Acts 10:35 KJV
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Skipping ahead to shorten post but read of Jesus)

Acts 10:44 KJV
While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

See what Peter said.....

The Jews at Pentecost and the Gentiles at Cornelius's house believed in Jesus, and spoke of the mighty works of God. One New Man (Jew and Gentile alike)

The Jews / Israel with their background believed and received
And
The Gentiles / pagans with their background believed and received.

I can / do not - require tongues, but they are mentioned. More could be said.

Mississippi redneck headed for a bait of water,
eddif

hello eddif, dirtfarmer here

The difference between the Jews in the kingdom, that will be established after the "Church", body of Christ, is taken out(raptured) and the present body of believers is the body has not been implanted with the law in their "inward parts". The believer is a new creation in Christ Jesus, in him and with his life. Jeremiah is talking about the physical part of man that will be ushered into the earthly kingdom.

in a way you are correct as repentance is a gift as well according to 2 tim 2:25, but I look at faith as moreso of a gift and repentance as more my responsibility. I look at faith in part as something God does through us. While repentance is more of what we do for Him. But both are gifts.

hello eddif, dirtfarmer here

The difference between the Jews in the kingdom, that will be established after the "Church", body of Christ, is taken out(raptured) and the present body of believers is the body has not been implanted with the law in their "inward parts". The believer is a new creation in Christ Jesus, in him and with his life. Jeremiah is talking about the physical part of man that will be ushered into the earthly kingdom.
definitely dispensational. Which is good. I am too. But be careful of the hyper dispensational, its easy to lose faith in God's preserved word that way. here is a book by a calvary chapel author on dispensationalism, it's ok.

http://kingdompowerglory.org/

In that sense, faith is a gift. iow, God has given us His Word, both written (Bible) and living (His Son Jesus Christ).
I Corinthians 15:45 KJV
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

And his flesh died, went into the grave, was ressurected, ascended into heaven, sent that quickening spirit into us, and ever lives to make intercession for us.

If none of the gifts are here yet, then we should not function (yet not we but Christ in us).

eddif

Ephesians 1:13 - 14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:13 - 14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
I expect a correct answer.
What is our inheritance ?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

in a way you are correct as repentance is a gift as well according to 2 tim 2:25, but I look at faith as moreso of a gift and repentance as more my responsibility. I look at faith in part as something God does through us. While repentance is more of what we do for Him. But both are gifts.
when it comes to the spiritual birth .it is hard to fully understand other than the fact we got saved.. i often wonder if when it comes to salvation .if we dont complicate it..i for one would never walk up to a person say would you like to be saved. if so repeat this prayer..and your saved. it is that easy if the spirit is drawing and the heart is right.. just my thoughts..

John 6:44 KJV
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Conviction of sin draws us to the solution / Jesus. Not much need for Jesus except the Father draws us.

eddif

A Jewish person receives Jesus with his background.

A Gentile receives Jesus with his background

Abraham is the father of both Jews and Gentiles. One new man explained in Ephesians is understood.

Ephesians 2:15 KJV
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Seems like God is able to take all who speak of Jesus and bring fellowship. In one sense this web site does just that. Like pulling teeth st times, but we all have Jewish roots. (Screams galore).

eddif
Well put eddif.

Boy that is a more complete answer than I would have given, and correct.

How and when does this take place?

eddif

I believe it to be a process. We are graced to be worthy of the inheritance when we heed Christ's call. And our walk through life in the love and light of his words as we deliver them in our presence in this world by living the words of peace, charity, community, graciousness, forgiveness, draws us closer to benefit from living the words of our Lord. We come into our inheritance when we leave this world while we are walking toward it by living the words of God within and to this world.

Back