Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism of the Holy Spirit, is not at salvation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
One thing I noticed after I was Holy Spirit baptized is the fact that I understood scripture better than before.
Before I received this Baptism "I was just reading a book", after the Holy Baptism I was reading a message from the Lord.
It was a big eye opener. And that's what the problem is with a lot of people, they say they did read the Bible and can't believe a word of it.
Once baptized with the Holy Spirit there's a whole new word coming to you. Anyways, this is my experience. :)

One thing I noticed after I was Holy Spirit baptized is the fact that I understood scripture better than before.
Before I received this Baptism "I was just reading a book", after the Holy Baptism I was reading a message from the Lord.
It was a big eye opener. And that's what the problem is with a lot of people, they say they did read the Bible and can't believe a word of it.
Once baptized with the Holy Spirit there's a whole new word coming to you. Anyways, this is my experience. :)
What was the time frame of this Holy Spirit baptism from then you put your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation?

What is the marker (evidence) for this Holy Spirit baptism?

Thanks.

If we are in relationship with the Father wouldn't each one of us have experienced a unique marker the Father designed for us? In order to give us evidence of our Holy Spirit baptism?

Acts 10:30 KJV
And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

I am afraid we are not looking at the long term work with Cornelius, and Paul reminding him of what happened to Jesus.

eddif

If we are in relationship with the Father wouldn't each one of us have experienced a unique marker the Father designed for us? In order to give us evidence of our Holy Spirit baptism?
The Father draws us to Jesus. John 6:44

Jesus gives some a unique marker.
Revelation 2:17 KJV
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

eddif

Tongues:

Acts 2:4
Acts 10:46
1 Cor. 13:1
1 Cor. 14:22
1 Cor. 14:39

I do realize that some people think tongues are not for today.
But again: Jesus did not change.
And it was his command 2000 years ago and also for today.
nope i am not one of them..my point is BAPTISM of the spirit is through salvation and that is NOT what i asked . i said where does it say the baptism of the spirit is speaking in tongues ???? i find tongues as a Gift we all dont have the same gift . i do not have the gift of tongues or interpretation .. nor do i know those who do my point is in scripture Jesus nor paul said the Baptism of the spirit was speaking in tongues ..so please do not confuse my post

Colossians 1:27 KJV
To whom God would make known what isthe riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Acts 1:8 KJV
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

One is to reveal hope of glory.
Two is to give power to witness.

Let us start here.
eddif
amen but this power does not say tongues

The Father draws us to Jesus. John 6:44

Jesus gives some a unique marker.
Revelation 2:17 KJV
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

eddif
Thank you. Yes, I do know that scripture. I was asking about the evidences for each Christian to know.

nope i am not one of them..my point is BAPTISM of the spirit is through salvation and that is NOT what i asked . i said where does it say the baptism of the spirit is speaking in tongues ???? i find tongues as a Gift we all dont have the same gift . i do not have the gift of tongues or interpretation .. nor do i know those who do my point is in scripture Jesus nor paul said the Baptism of the spirit was speaking in tongues ..so please do not confuse my post
This thread has several spirits being discussed.
Holy Spirit
Quickening Spirit
Other?

It is a little strange to climb out of your box and discuss with others.

redneck
eddif

LOL I do speak in tongues, but my admonishment is to speak in the language of the gathering. I have applied myself to this task.

eddif
lol when i discuss issue of this nature i dont lol more power to you if you do speak in tongues ..but dont think for one minute you have more power than me because you do Power (dunamis [ this power comes from the Holy Spirit not something we do other than stay connected to the power source . 1411 dýnamis (from 1410 /dýnamai, "able, having ability") – properly, "ability to perform" (L-N); for the believer, power to achieve by applying the Lord's inherent abilities. "Power through God's ability" (1411 /dýnamis) is needed in every scene of life to really grow in sanctification and prepare for heaven (glorification). once again i am not knocking tongues . but very much disagreeing with the Baptism of the spirit as speaking in tongues ..no scripture says them exact words
Acts 4:33

“And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” resurrection power Jesus gave us when he sent the comforter.
what i can,t explain is why we dont see things happening in the church like we did in acts. the same spirit is here ..could it be man and his knowledge has quenched the spirit ? along with the lack of interest .. you have the programmed church . every I IS DOTTED AND EVERY t IS CROSSED no room for the anointing .you have the saved sanctified satisfied church... we should be the church who hungers and thirst after righteousness. then the Church who tries to make miracles happen proclaim great things.

i go to a church with a lady whose dad pastored a pentc church had a guest speaker .he signaled his wife to speak in tongues . her shut the service down. she was a small child and told her dad that lady was not real.... i want the real thing not some hocus pocus mumbo jumbo . somebody coaching me to speak in tongues.. i want God through the Holy Spirit put it on me with out asking . no offense but i want the real fullness of God

This thread has several spirits being discussed.
Holy Spirit
Quickening Spirit
Other?

It is a little strange to climb out of your box and discuss with others.

redneck
eddif
the spirit is the spirit quicken==life Holy spirit comforter spirit of truth helper.....then there is OUR spirit .. i have climbed out of NO BOX and there is nothing strange in my post .i certainly do not appreciate that remark ... i have kept it civil and posting my points with scripture

It's simple, speaking with other tongues is the evidence that was chosen as a sign that the Holy Ghost has descended. This evidence is the same among all Spirit-filled Christians in all cultures and languages. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is not just about tongues, but the Scriptural evidence of receiving the baptism is that the recipient speaks in another unlearned language. I received this about 1 year after I became a Christian and before I was water baptized. Now, some might disagree, and after spending a lot of time on Christian forums I have learned a long time ago that if somebody disagrees he/she will not change their mind about an issue. So, believe as you like, but millions of Christians have experienced this.
What was the time frame of this Holy Spirit baptism from then you put your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation?

I have learned a long time ago that if somebody disagrees he/she will not change their mind about an issue.
would this include you ? when i see scripture thus saith the Lord then i will change. what he have is a difference in interpretation of scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back