Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

becoming a christian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

deep'n'dark

First off, could you change my status to a christian please. I've read a bit bible and I believe, that becoming a christian could help me to survive from a scizophrenia. I have been in a hospital, and been having hard times, but reading the bible was a relief. My city, where I live has a nice church and I can't but think how our God could relief my situation. This world has too much evilness so turning to become a lover of God has become important for me. Thank you!

Haven't heard from you in a while. :) Welcome to the family:sohappy

I'll let an admin know you'd like your status changed.

Thank you! There's lot of christians in Finland, Estonia and in the other northside locations. I have some christian friends in my age. Thanks for changing my status too, God bless the united people under the son! :)

Christmas is a beautyful holiday!

Indeed. My little family and I have a cake with "Happy Birthday Jesus" on it, and have one candle that we blow out after we sing Happy Birthday and I swear I feel his presence with us. Not that I don't feel him with me, but I REALLY do when we sing for him.

Indeed. My little family and I have a cake with "Happy Birthday Jesus" on it, and have one candle that we blow out after we sing Happy Birthday and I swear I feel his presence with us. Not that I don't feel him with me, but I REALLY do when we sing for him.

Indeed, we have not forget you still Jesus and that you cared about all of us. Caring is what it's all about anyway and what you teached to me. And I love the spirit you brought to my mind and heart. You connect masses to stay together. The christian cafeterian in north-Finland, I still miss those times.

Hi deep'n'dark and welcome to CF :wave2looking forward to your post and always free free to ask any questions as that is how we learn as we share the word of God with each other :biggrin2

10557258_10152798994489669_3355519812706300958_n.jpg

Welcome to the party my brother! You've just accepted an invitation to the greatest wedding banquet in the universe! Jesus is the best friend and mentor anyone could ever have!

Like I always say. Become a Christian or the dog gets it. Works every time. JUST KIDDING.

But seriously now. This is great. I want you to understand that you have a place that does not fade away in heaven now. Yes. You will fall, stumble, and have pain. But our father Yahweh lifts us up! We share in the sufferings of Christ.

Lets' start off with some bible passages, that I think can get overused to the point of losing its meaning. Kinda like a rerun show. The meaning is still there, and is important as the first time unlike a show however. We, as humans, lose the meaning through our monotonous endeavors.

PSALM 23 (This is from memory. So I will put it in bold):
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. We are a sheep in the tender caring hands of God. He is the good shepherd. He does not run when there is trouble, but lays his life down for that sheep. He provides to us. He is so liberal in his giving spiritually and materially that "we shall not want". Or as another psalm says "the lions shall suffer hunger, but the saints shall not want good things". We don't want, because we are satisfied. Fulfilled. Fed. Loved. Selah. Meditate on it.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leadeth me beside the still waters, he restoreth my soul. He gives rest to our souls, he is our rest and relaxation. He restores us to the most inward parts. He dwells with in us. God IS love. And he dwells with us.
Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. We walk some days in what seems like madness. Our day seems dark and miserable. Where shall we go? We are deep in a valley. Not on a mountain, but hid in a lonely valley. We are brought low. But it is God who leads us with the rod and staff to the mountain tops! He exalts the lowly in heart. God is light, and there is no darkness in him. He lights our path. And "I will fear no evil". Not "I might no fear evil" or "I'll try not to fear" but I will not fear for Christ is our refuge.
Thou preparest a table in the presence of my enemies, thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. You are blessed, and a table is prepared for you. He makes provisions, and exalts you even before those that persecute you. He calls and ordains you. He brings you into his house.
Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. And that is grace. Unmerited favour.

And now here are a few verses which express the immense love of God.

Christ is the narrow way, but a path made easy through faith.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28

God is a parent to us. If our parents fail, he will not, for he is a parent and better.
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Isaiah 49:15

We were before as orphans, and God has adopted us so freely.
For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, by which we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

You are made friend and not servant. He's your best bud.
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. John 15:15

You are made an inseparable saint of God
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

He has bestowed high status to us
And has made us a kingdom and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:6

We are not just children, but heirs.
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ Galatians 4:7

Do you believe in your heart that God raised his only begotten Son Jesus Christ from the grave? Christ is not a superstition, but a reality. And if you believe and trust in the reality of the Gospel, than this is you: Chosen, Royal, Holy, a personal possession cherished by God.
But ye are a chosen generation [some translations say "race"], a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 1 Peter 2:9

This is not to build up your pride, or to make you think that you are above others. It is God who has made us. Not we ourselves. But here, I hope you can see the great love of God about too unfold in your life.

God doesn't even want you to stub your toe:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 91

DnD,
Welcome Home. I made the transition Jan. 1, 1990 and I'm still researching to understand God. It sounds like you might have a chemical imbalance somewhat like mine. I take a couple of pills every day for mine so do not allow anyone to drop a load of bull manure on you.

Mine, like so many Combat Veterans was induced through continuous heavy doses of horror. Like St. Paul, I have prayed for God to remove this thorn but He has used it to demonstrate, over and over, that His grace is, indeed, sufficient for me.

I was raised an Atheist, a liar and a sexual deviant. The LORD cleaned me up and removed the illegal drugs, whiskey addiction and sexual addictions. I, to this day struggle with the liar that I carry on my back. It seems to go along with the nightmares that the imbalance in my head generates.

But, because, like you, I now belong to our Father God, I am able to confess and to deal with the situation. Welcome and if I can ever help by listening, check me out.

May God bless.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back