Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Believing For The Impossible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have arrived at a point in my spiritual understanding about this almighty God, that He delights in His creative abilities to overshadow certain impossibilities in order to "blow my mind". Recently, my favorite cell phone, by accident, went thru my washing machine. Filled with water, it was ruined.

After completely drying it out, in the sunshine, it still didn't work. It was taken to Verizon, and told, it would never work. They powered up one of my spares and my favorite was put away for almost a year. Last week, I happened to see my old favorite, and wondered if put back into the sunshine, would bring it back to life.

After placing my favorite on a dark painted shelf outdoors, I walked away and said something to Jesus like, "can You fix my phone"? The next day, here in my office, I charged the battery which had been wet as well. As soon as I plugged the charger into the phone, it came alive. After checking all the applications, it was perfect.

Needless to say, for the past 3 days, I have been loudly praising our Lord Jesus for His ability to perform the impossible. Every time I now use my favorite cell phone, I smile, and give honor & praise to the God of impossibilities. I believe that Jesus did that miracle to change the nature of a wet cell phone, to cause great excitement in my spirit, and to draw my ever so close to His abilities. Faith?? O yes!! He can, and will do the impossible, we have not because we ask not....

James 4:2 "You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask." (ESV)

We need to believe and trust God in all things whether they seem impossible or not as only God knows what is best for us and will always give us His best as long as we remain in His will and not our own. Philippians 4:19 says God will supply all our needs, but He is not going to hand us our needs on a silver platter, but will make a way where there seems to be no way. Many teach a blab it and grab sermon, but only God knows the intents of our heart and if we are walking according to His will.

We need to believe and trust God in all things whether they seem impossible or not as only God knows what is best for us and will always give us His best as long as we remain in His will and not our own. Philippians 4:19 says God will supply all our needs, but He is not going to hand us our needs on a silver platter, but will make a way where there seems to be no way. Many teach a blab it and grab sermon, but only God knows the intents of our heart and if we are walking according to His will.

I have learned thru this cell phone experience that at various times, I believe that, for the faithful, God delights to increase my joy, and bring my remembrance to His awesome and great power. A miracle, IMO, is Yahweh changing the natural working of what the curse that Adam brought into the human race, and projected forward that effects nature itself.

The curse was instituted by the legal system of Yahweh, and in order for anything to change, God Himself has to alter that nature of the curse. In the case of my cell phone, the natural path was it was ruined. God altered that, and a miracle was produced in causing the phone to revert back to it's normal working order.

I like these verses....Psalm 30:4 "Sing unto Yahweh, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
30:6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
30:7 Yahweh, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong"

Now, every time I use my phone, I smile and remember a great favor that was bestowed on me, a Servant of Elohim....My Son Skip and I, over a span on several years, have studied and revered the proper names for God. As such, I feel compelled to use the various names in my writings.

Skip and I are on a quest to draw as close to our Lord as is humanly possible. I hope the Forum folks will understand and bear with me.

I have arrived at a point in my spiritual understanding about this almighty God, that He delights in His creative abilities to overshadow certain impossibilities in order to "blow my mind". Recently, my favorite cell phone, by accident, went thru my washing machine. Filled with water, it was ruined.

After completely drying it out, in the sunshine, it still didn't work. It was taken to Verizon, and told, it would never work. They powered up one of my spares and my favorite was put away for almost a year. Last week, I happened to see my old favorite, and wondered if put back into the sunshine, would bring it back to life.

After placing my favorite on a dark painted shelf outdoors, I walked away and said something to Jesus like, "can You fix my phone"? The next day, here in my office, I charged the battery which had been wet as well. As soon as I plugged the charger into the phone, it came alive. After checking all the applications, it was perfect.

Needless to say, for the past 3 days, I have been loudly praising our Lord Jesus for His ability to perform the impossible. Every time I now use my favorite cell phone, I smile, and give honor & praise to the God of impossibilities. I believe that Jesus did that miracle to change the nature of a wet cell phone, to cause great excitement in my spirit, and to draw my ever so close to His abilities. Faith?? O yes!! He can, and will do the impossible, we have not because we ask not....

James 4:2 "You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask." (ESV)
AMEN!

I have learned thru this cell phone experience that at various times, I believe that, for the faithful, God delights to increase my joy, and bring my remembrance to His awesome and great power. A miracle, IMO, is Yahweh changing the natural working of what the curse that Adam brought into the human race, and projected forward that effects nature itself.

The curse was instituted by the legal system of Yahweh, and in order for anything to change, God Himself has to alter that nature of the curse. In the case of my cell phone, the natural path was it was ruined. God altered that, and a miracle was produced in causing the phone to revert back to it's normal working order.

I like these verses....Psalm 30:4 "Sing unto Yahweh, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
30:6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
30:7 Yahweh, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong"

Now, every time I use my phone, I smile and remember a great favor that was bestowed on me, a Servant of Elohim....My Son Skip and I, over a span on several years, have studied and revered the proper names for God. As such, I feel compelled to use the various names in my writings.

Skip and I are on a quest to draw as close to our Lord as is humanly possible. I hope the Forum folks will understand and bear with me.
Love how you relate the phone to being a miracle of God as sometimes its in those things that we ourselves could not see a fix, but God says I can fix whatever is broken and make it new again. What a great testimony of Gods favor to you and all of us as He has taken something that was broken and renewed it again as no one is a throw away to God as He would that none should perish.

Acts 3:6,7 - "But Peter said, Silver and gold I do not have; but what I do have, that I give to you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk! Then he took hold of the man's right hand with a firm grip and raised him up. And at once his feet and ankle bones became strong and steady."

Part of our problem is this: we are accustomed only to doing things for God that are not impossible. If God doesn't show up and help us, we can still succeed. There must be an aspect of the Christian Life that is impossible without divine intervention that keeps us on the edge and puts us in contact with our true calling.

Matthew 17:21 - "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

The Kingdom of God is not a religion; it is an ever-expanding, all-consuming relationship with Jesus Christ. It is as different from religion as a brilliant angel is from a shadowy ghost.
The only temple God dwells within on earth is the temple of our human bodies. John, in the book of Revelation, is very plain. He says of the Holy City -- "I saw no temple therein."

Revelation 21:2,22 - "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it."

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Acts 3:6,7 - "But Peter said, Silver and gold I do not have; but what I do have, that I give to you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk! Then he took hold of the man's right hand with a firm grip and raised him up. And at once his feet and ankle bones became strong and steady."

Part of our problem is this: we are accustomed only to doing things for God that are not impossible. If God doesn't show up and help us, we can still succeed. There must be an aspect of the Christian Life that is impossible without divine intervention that keeps us on the edge and puts us in contact with our true calling.

Matthew 17:21 - "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

The Kingdom of God is not a religion; it is an ever-expanding, all-consuming relationship with Jesus Christ. It is as different from religion as a brilliant angel is from a shadowy ghost.
The only temple God dwells within on earth is the temple of our human bodies. John, in the book of Revelation, is very plain. He says of the Holy City -- "I saw no temple therein."

Revelation 21:2,22 - "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it."

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

There is nothing of ourselves that is possible if we are walking according to our own will as self can never be pleasing to the Lord, but if we be risen with Christ we are to seek those things from above where Christ sits at the right hand of God. We are dead to this flesh as it controls us no more as our life is hid with Christ who is our life as we walk after the will of God as then that which seems impossible becomes possible through Him, Colossians 3:1-4.

Kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are the same thing as Jesus was the kingdom of God here on earth when He walked amongst man as now the kingdom of heaven is within those whom are in Christ. The kingdom is spiritual as all things of God are Spiritual. In the end of days Gods kingdom will be brought down to earth as we dwell with Him in the new Jerusalem.

1Chronicles 29:11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
1Chronicles 29:12 Both riches and honor come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Thank you Brother Finch for pointing out Revelation 21:22...."And I saw no temple therein: for Yahweh El Shaddai and the Lamb are the temple of it."

You taught me something that I hadn't thought of before. The "New Jerusalem" which exists right now, has a Temple in it. I just assumed that when the New Jerusalem comes down....Revelation 21:2 "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from Elohim out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." That Temple would be there. See what John Gill has to say about this verse....
"And I saw no temple therein,.... No material temple, as was in the old Jerusalem, or such as is described in Ezekiel's vision; nor any place of public worship, as under the Gospel dispensation; for in this state there will be no such external form of worship as now, such as preaching the word and administering ordinances. The Jews expect a third temple, but in vain." (Used by permission from e-Sword)

"for Yahweh El Shaddai and the Lamb are the temple of it." This is what Albert Barnes has to say about this verse. "
For the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it - They are present in all parts of it in their glory; they fill it with light; and the splendor of their presence may be said to be the temple. The idea here is, that it would be a holy world - all holy. No particular portion would be set apart for purposes of public worship, but in all places God would be adored, and every portion of it devoted to the purposes of religion." (used by permission, e-Sword)

Brother Finch, do you have something to add? As I said, I've never thought of it just this way....Thank you.

Any believer that hasn't laid their hands on a car with an empty gas tank and prayed for 10 more miles ain't livin n faith.

Boy are you right!! When I lived in Portland, Maine, my Son Skip had to go home which was about 75 miles away on the Maine Turnpike. The minimum speed limit is 45mph. His Suburu would not shift out of 1st gear. We laid our hands on the old car and prayed. As soon as he got onto the Turnpike, it shifted fine. Praise Jesus.

Boy are you right!! When I lived in Portland, Maine, my Son Skip had to go home which was about 75 miles away on the Maine Turnpike. The minimum speed limit is 45mph. His Suburu would not shift out of 1st gear. We laid our hands on the old car and prayed. As soon as he got onto the Turnpike, it shifted fine. Praise Jesus.
Oh my mind is flooded when I think of all the things that seemed impossible. God always surprises me in such amazing ways. And not always and only on the good side of the ledgers. The hardest lessons ever delivered are in tribulations, extracting patience and hope. These are the hardest.

I don't think the Apostles were name it and claim it people:

1 Corinthians 4:11
Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

Not what the majority of believers would consider "responsible preachers" in this day and age.

Any believer that hasn't laid their hands on a car with an empty gas tank and prayed for 10 more miles ain't livin n faith.
Preach on, they have no idea what can and oft will do! I have lived amazed since 1/1/90 and I cannot imagine living any other way now. Faith counts!

Preach on, they have no idea what can and oft will do! I have lived amazed since 1/1/90 and I cannot imagine living any other way now. Faith counts!
I never went hungry for 3 days in a row from being flat broke until "after" I was a believer.

That box of food that one of my believing friends brought us from the local christian food charity because he knew I was too proud to ask or beg never looked so good, a few days before christmas. He literally had to force me to take it after bringing it to our home. I said give it to somebody who needs it.

My wife and I knew then that money should not affect our happiness in faith. And it hasn't since, on either side of the ledgers. I can say from experience that the "rich" are much more easily deceived.

Oh my mind is flooded when I think of all the things that seemed impossible. God always surprises me in such amazing ways. And not always and only on the good side of the ledgers. The hardest lessons ever delivered are in tribulations, extracting patience and hope. These are the hardest.

I don't think the Apostles were name it and claim it people:

1 Corinthians 4:11
Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

Not what the majority of believers would consider "responsible preachers" in this day and age.

The interesting thing about the cell phone miracle is I didn't really pray about it. I can't remember my exact words. When I placed the phone on the outside shelf, as I walked away, I said something like, Jesus, could You please fix that? Amazing!! He did and I have used it ever since.

Another thing your post reminded me of, I was the Pastor of three Baptist Churches. Two in Maine, and one in Massachusetts. They all were small churches. They grew under the ministry that Jesus called me too, but I didn't want a big salary, just enough to get by so the needy folks in the assembly could be helped. The result? No retirement. I struggle today. I'm in good company though, I don't think the Apostles had a retirement as well. My retirement is what Jesus desires me to have.

The result? No retirement. I struggle today. I'm in good company though, I don't think the Apostles had a retirement as well. My retirement is what Jesus desires me to have.

The unfortunate fact is that there is no real "retirement" from the struggles of this present life. When we complete or finish one struggle, another bigger one forms to take it's place.

This has been a fact for my own life, that's for sure. But in all faithfulness I can honestly say that by patience and perseverance, God does seem to manage to come through for me, eventually. And often in ways I never expected. This does tend to make life both interesting, and it also does simultaneously tend to wear a person down over their lifetime where we get quite sick of and from the struggles.

I wish I was in a position of complacency, but that never really happens does it?

Every older person I've ever known who has money and security has bigger weaknesses and problems in other arenas that can't be controlled by cash.

Luke 11:3
Give us day by day our daily bread.

O my learned friend smaller. You are so right. Sometimes I think that if I had more than enough money to pay my obligations, life would be much easier. But, what you wrote....

Every older person I've ever known who has money and security has bigger weaknesses and problems in other arenas that can't be controlled by cash.

I agree with you, in that it wouldn't really be the fix. Being faithful with what the Lord provides me with is the answer.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back