Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believing in Wrong Doctrine: Will I lose my salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If not then you need to help with the history getting from Antioch to Wittenberg and explain how Christianity came to being then stopped for about 1500 years to reappear in Germany?

Here’s the history of the Church:

It started with Jesus and spread through the world.

JLB

No. Because Paul didn’t say it refers to faith in Christ.

For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 3:13

What possible good can come from you denying that “the faith”, means the faith in Christ?

JLB

The Lord brought me to understand this morning that this whole debate about having or losing salvation is not even about salvation, but rather it is focused on the HOPE of Salvation. If you reside in the HOPE of Salvation, then you have not yet overcome, as you remain yet in hope.

Do you still wear your Gospel Armor and your helmet, the HOPE of Salvation? Or have you been given your wedding garment, your gown of Salvation?

If you reside in the HOPE of Salvation, then you have not yet overcome, as you remain yet in hope.

Yes. I’ve been saying that for years.

Paul says it this way.

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
Romans 8:24-25

If we have faith in Christ for salvation then by default we still have the hope of salvation we are waiting for.

JLB

Do you still wear your Gospel Armor and your helmet, the HOPE of Salvation? Or have you been given your wedding garment, your gown of Salvation?

Notice when we receive the wedding garments -

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
Revelation 19:7-8

Just before we return with Him at the end of the age.

JLB

ez,

I'd appreciate some clarification of points in this post?

1. You asked, 'Why do they yet wait for his (Jesus') return?' Do you consider that those who wait for Jesus' return are not part of the Body of Christ?

Not yet, as they still Hope to be.

Do you think Jesus has already returned?

The Spirit of Christ has; for those who will receive Him.

'if Christ has not yet returned, then how can they declare for themselves that Christ is in? Can you explain this?' I don't understand the meaning of 'that Christ is in'.

I'm sorry, I just notice my typo. Should have read: Then how can they declare for themselves that Christ is in them?

This is a great mystery, for the two shall become one flesh.

No.

Here’s my quote -

The Church is made up of Christians.

JLB

And these Christians were eventually called "Catholics" on occasion they were called Roman Catholics. My question is if as you contend Catholics are not Christians then how did the faith of the True Church or the faith of Luther, Calvin, etc. get from 125 AD to 1520AD? Who kept the faith for those today who claim to be the true church?

JoeT

If we have faith in Christ for salvation then by default we still have the hope of salvation we are waiting for.

I can agree with this. If you have faith IN Christ then you may still await the hope of your salvation. When you posses the Faith OF Christ, you no longer need hope.

For the Righteousness of God is revealed from faith TO FAITH.

“That church” was never settled in Rome.
JLB

I don't understand? Where did it settle? Where is it today. Is it the collection of denominations who agree with each other or the vast majority who agree with them? What is a denomination is it not a sect?

JoeT

If you reside in the HOPE of Salvation, then you have not yet overcome, as you remain yet in hope.

Overcoming begins when we are born again, and continues until the end of our life.

Remaining faithful to the end.

Keeping His commandments which is to walk in love, not being overcome with sin and hatred.

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:1-5

again

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Revelation 21:7-8

JLB

And these Christians were eventually called "Catholics" on occasion they were called Roman Catholics.

What don’t Roman Catholics refer to themselves as Christians?

JLB

I can agree with this. If you have faith IN Christ then you may still await the hope of your salvation. When you posses the Faith OF Christ, you no longer need hope.

For the Righteousness of God is revealed from faith TO FAITH.

Having the faith is possessing the faith.

JLB

Last edited:
My question is if as you contend Catholics are not Christians then how did the faith of the True Church or the faith of Luther, Calvin, etc. get from 125 AD to 1520AD? Who kept the faith for those today who claim to be the true church?

The words of the book were not given to the servants to understand. Servants were meant to carry the message to the Son, to whom were given the words.

The words of the book were not given to the servants to understand. Servants were meant to carry the message to the Son, to whom were given the words.

I can understand this several different ways, which way did you intend it? The only thing that comes to mind is Proverbs 29:20 or as St. Jerome said, “Ignorance produces confidence, and learning fear."

JosephT

I can understand this several different ways, which way did you intend it? The only thing that comes to mind is Proverbs 29:20 or as St. Jerome said, “Ignorance produces confidence, and learning fear."

JosephT

John 15:14-15
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 15:21
But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

He who hath the Son, has the hope of salvation; But he who has attained unto Salvation hath both the Father and the Son.

Do you know Him that sent Jesus?

Not yet, as they still Hope to be.

ez,

It's too late to tell me that. Scripture beat you to it and it does not agree: 'Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it' (1 Cor 12:27 NIV).

The Spirit of Christ has; for those who will receive Him.

The Spirit of Christ who lives in believers is not the second coming of Christ (see Matt 24:30 NIV: 'Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory'.

Then how can they declare for themselves that Christ is in them?

From where did you obtain this doctrine of Christ being in the believer means Christ and the believe 'shall become one flesh'?

Oz

The Spirit of Christ who lives in believers is not the second coming of Christ (see Matt 24:30 NIV: 'Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory'.

Amen.

JLB

From where did you obtain this doctrine of Christ being in the believer means Christ and the believe 'shall become one flesh'?

Oz

As a friend of the bridegroom, this is the word I have received of my Father.

Also, its in the scripture

Back