Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Best Christian Rock Band

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Free

Lead Admin - christianforums.net
Staff member
Lead Admin
A new CD by Blindside, With Shivering Hearts We Wait, is about to come out June 7th. Listen here:

Blindside - With Shivering Hearts We Wait

It's been a while since they came out with anything. I don't think there is a better Christian band that combines great tunes with great lyrics.

I'm very excited.:yes

Did you completely forget about Third Day, or was it just implied that this is the best Christian band - other than Third Day?

It's one of those two options, I'm sure you'd agree. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you completely forget about Third Day, or was it just implied that this is the best Christian band - other than Third Day?

Haha. No, no I didn't forget about Third Day....I'll agree to disagree. :biggrin

Not bad stuff Free.

I thought we had an agreement on Switchfoot? :biggrin

I'm getting into some Casting Crowns as well. :thumb

A new CD by Blindside, With Shivering Hearts We Wait, is about to come out June 7th. Listen here:

Blindside - With Shivering Hearts We Wait

It's been a while since they came out with anything. I don't think there is a better Christian band that combines great tunes with great lyrics.

I'm very excited.:yes

I clicked on the link and something weird happened! This loud sound came out of my speakers! :lol

Does U2 count as a Christian band?

:nono2

Nope. Still debating whether it's a no because they're not really rock or because they're not really Christian...

Uh, I don't have a Christian rock band I listen to. I don't even have a rock band I really listen too, but they sound alright.

:nono2

Nope. Still debating whether it's a no because they're not really rock or because they're not really Christian...

Uh, I don't have a Christian rock band I listen to. I don't even have a rock band I really listen too, but they sound alright.

OH for playin' guitar out loud! :lol

I clicked on the link and something weird happened! This loud sound came out of my speakers! :lol

maybe this is more your speed Adullam. :lol Still too much for you?

[video=youtube;xRbP6scGmGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRbP6scGmGE[/video]

All right, all right. I should have perhaps said "Best Christian Hard Rock Band" (although Project 86 and Red are very close behind).

Yes, Nick, Switchfoot is still one of my favorite "rock" bands. :biggrin

Best Christian rock band of all time???????

If so, Petra has to be right up there.:thumbsup:clap

ABSOLUTELY!!! I was definitely going to say Petra! I was jamming Petra in my car just today. Nothing beats their innovative rock style (the experimenting with synthesized sounds in the 70s & 80s knew no limits) and deep-meaning Scriptural lyrics, to me. It wasn't even from my generation of music (though they played together for three decades) but it never gets old listening to it. They practically invented Christian Rock - they were among the first (if not the first) to put Christian lyrics to Rock music, which was previously secular only.

Some of my favorite songs are "Bema Seat", "Grave Robber", "Beyond Belief", "Creed", and "Jekyll and Hyde".

The song Bema Seat means more to me than I can possibly describe. It hits me hard every time I listen to it. Listen to it below (Edit: lyrics in post below):

[video=youtube;bJkfI58av8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJkfI58av8E[/video]

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJkfI58av8E

Lyrics for Bema Seat:

Based on Romans 14:10, I Corinthians 3:12-15

Words & Music by Bob Hartman

"When our labors all retire
there will be a trial by fire
Will your treasure pass the test
Or will it burn up with the rest
You may build upon a sure foundation
With your building in dilapidation
When it all comes down to rubble
Will it be wood hay and stubble
Or precious stones, gold and silver-
Are you really sure?

Chorus:
And we all will stand at the Bema Seat
All will be revealed--it will be complete
Will there be reward in the fiery heat
When we see our lives at the Bema Seat

Every talent will be surely counted
Every word will have to be accounted
Not a story will be left untold
We will stand and watch the truth unfold
Every score--will be evened--nothing to defend
Every building will be shaken
Every motive will be tried
He'll give reward to the faithful
Will you receive or be denied?"

----------------

Side note: Most of their songs have a "based on" Scripture reference part at the top of the lyrics. As I said, they have very Scriptural and uplifting music. I've been moved to tears, joy, conviction, and humbleness many times by their lyrics, and many of them speak truths I couldn't agree more with. What can I say? I'm partial to Petra, and my Dad still has some of their original records on vinyl! I didn't know records could sound so good...

It's really hard to find Christian bands to the degree of heavy rock tunes that I typically enjoy--Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Nevermore, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Dimmu Borgir... all of them have a lot more instrumental things going on than most Christian bands ever do.

It's really hard to find Christian bands to the degree of heavy rock tunes that I typically enjoy--Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Nevermore, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Dimmu Borgir... all of them have a lot more instrumental things going on than most Christian bands ever do.
Blindside isn't as heavy as they used to be, but the last 3 releases have been a bit experimental, using some electronic sounds. The last song on this new release gets a bit industrial. I haven't heard of any of the bands you listed, except Slipknot but I don't know their sound.

Blindside, Red and Project 86 are my favorites for Christian hard rock. Brian "Head" Welch's CD wasn't too bad but I tired of it pretty quickly.

Well Mike, if Free is asking us for our opinion, I would have to agree with you. :yes

Casting Crowns, Switchfoot and the Newsboys would be right up there too. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back