Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Best go to the doctor....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

I would like some prayer for myself...

I am going to have to call the doctor first thing in the morning and try to get in.

I had what I'm almost 100% positive was a muscle spasm this evening. But, it was on my left side, right under my heart, was excruciatingly painful while it lasted and actually caused me to not be able to speak for a few moments.

About 2 hours prior to that, I was feeling sort of punky... a little woozy and sort of nauseous... Now, you have to understand that it's really baking hot and we don't have air conditioning... I've been sweating profusely for about four days now and, while I'm drinking plenty, it wouldn't surprise me if I was dehydrated. The heat alone is enough to make me feel out of sorts and I'm prone to muscle spasms when I'm dehydrated.

But, Steve is insisting, and I have to admit he's right, that I go to the doctor and get checked out... I'm 50 and overweight... I've been struggling with asthma and had a very bad episode last night, almost 24 hours exactly to the pain I experienced tonight. I can see where a heart attack isn't outside the realm of possibility.

The thing is, we have insurance, but my deductible is sky high and after it's met, we still have to pay 40%... so I really don't want a bunch of really expensive tests, just to find out that my heart is fine and I was just experiencing a muscle spasm brought on by dehydration.

Anyway, I do ask for your interceding prayers here.

I have prayed for you to be touched by the lord and for the doc to be able to help you without tests that cause you to be in any financial struggle. I pray our father Touches you and you can wake in the morning feeling fresh and well!

God Bless and drink lots of water!

You will be fine. We are praying for you.
(Did you change your sleeping position...maybe accidentally?)

Dora GO! Try your Dr as the cost for you will be less then the ER. SO DO NOT wait.. Those chest pains are scary mine come from leaking valves which enlarged the heart, i found this out last Friday... And do get the weight off i got the THEE lecture friday! Do not wait

Dora GO! Try your Dr as the cost for you will be less then the ER. SO DO NOT wait.. Those chest pains are scary mine come from leaking valves which enlarged the heart, i found this out last Friday... And do get the weight off i got the THEE lecture friday! Do not wait

Yeah. This must be taken seriously.

I have had similar problems. I figured out what really happened: I inadvertently maintained a bad sleeping posture for a long time

I've called and made the appointment.

Reba, I'm glad they found out about your troubles before something bad happened.

The weight is an issue. Normally, I never lose weight (well, maybe a few pounds, but never anything significant) but I am used to always walking, using the treadmill and keeping active. Although I am overweight, my numbers (cholesterol, blood sugars, blood pressure) have always been well within the normal range.

But, the asthma has really made it completely impossible to walk outside... I can't go for more than a few minutes without a serious attack. If the air's bad I can't even walk from a parking lot into a store without needing the inhaler. I can do a bit more on the treadmill, but not much more... 10 minutes max and that's pushing it. I haven't gained any weight... but I'm not sure if the lack of exercise has skewed things like the cholesterol etc...

I'm sure I'll find out more tomorrow when I go to the doctor... Gah... getting older is a pain sometime...

Do take it seriously. It may be nothing, and if you pay heaps for the tests to find this out, well at least it may be peace of mind. Then again, if it is something to be concerned about, catching it early could prove valuable.

I'll be praying for you :yes

I will be praying for you fervently. I understand your concern because I'm in the middle of some kind of sickness but going to the doctor isn't really an option because I just had a bunch of dr visits and now have a hefty bill (no insurance). Well last night, I was laying in bed worrying my head off, and I prayed for the Lord to put His hands over me and give me His peace. And He did. My health problems subsided for the night, but came back this morning. If you ask Him to give you reassurance and help you not to worry, He will. I know you know that, and you didn't say anything about excessive worrying, but I know excessive worry will make you feel even worse and make you think the problem is even bigger than it is., so try not to worry. Again, I'll be praying for you.

Pain isn't a normal attribute that we are supposed to live by. If you are truly in that much pain, then you need to see a Dr. and find out why you are hurting. Muscle spasm or not, any pain that is near your heart/chest region should not be taken lightly.

Your husband is right, so good thing you are going.

Thanks all... my doctor wasn't in the office today and I really didn't want to go to the PA that's working today... nice guy but not really the most effective. I feel more comfortable going to my actual doctor for this even if I have to wait until tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, I'm taking it easy today, drinking plenty of liquids and I also took an aspirin. Usually I never take aspirin, but it can't hurt and might be helpful.

Oh Man!
Get that checked out. Finding out what's really going on gives you something to plan your next move, something to do to get better. As it is there's a lot of worry and worry is never good. And neither is the inactivity as a result of not knowing.

You are definitely in our prayers. :pray:pray:pray

Dora, do you have CVS Pharmacies in your area? They have Minute Clinics at some of their locations. If you don't, perhaps other pharmacies have similar services. I guess at this point it's after the fact, but it's something to check into for future urgent situations. They are staffed by Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants on a walk-in basis, and they are MUCH less expensive than urgent cares, ER's or even primary care visits. They're a good option to take care of small things or rule out possible big things.

I negotiate contracts with hospitals and Medical centers, and these are very under utilized. In Michigan, NP's and PA's can practice on their own, so they are legitimate medical options.

BTW, this is unrelated, but what's the status of your inability to taste food and other things?

Prayers, sister.

Praying for you Dora. I'm glad you decided to get it checked out. I am 21 and last year I had an issue with indigestion...and my mom made me go to a clinic to make sure it wasn't my heart..haha. So I would say if you're feeling nauseated and had a cramp right around your heart...it's DEFINITELY a good idea to get checked out.:yes

OK.... Good news...

I need to go back the night before the pain... It's super hot here and there's lots of wildfires which is wreaking havoc with the air quality. So, the night before the episode I had the great-grand daddy of all asthma attacks. I must have been uncontrollably coughing for at least 5 minutes... very violent coughing.

Coughing that caused a strain on my rib cage and the muscles there. Nothing wrong with the heart and the x-ray shows that none of my ribs were cracked or broken...which was a possiblity. I just have what's basically a sprain. Painful, but not serious. I need to remain indoors while the air quality remains unhealthy... use the nebulizor twice a day until things improve and not lift anything heavy or do any bending or twisting for a while.

Thanks all for your prayers and thanks to the Lord.

Amen, Handy!

Thank you, Lord, for recognizing we need her here...and for letting us keep her for a long while longer!!!!

OK.... Good news...

I need to go back the night before the pain... It's super hot here and there's lots of wildfires which is wreaking havoc with the air quality. So, the night before the episode I had the great-grand daddy of all asthma attacks. I must have been uncontrollably coughing for at least 5 minutes... very violent coughing.

Coughing that caused a strain on my rib cage and the muscles there. Nothing wrong with the heart and the x-ray shows that none of my ribs were cracked or broken...which was a possiblity. I just have what's basically a sprain. Painful, but not serious. I need to remain indoors while the air quality remains unhealthy... use the nebulizor twice a day until things improve and not lift anything heavy or do any bending or twisting for a while.

Thanks all for your prayers and thanks to the Lord.

What are we waiting for??? Let's get the party started....

handy....the celebrant
reba...the DJ
Potluck...definitely the chef. How many pots of...? ;)
Navigator...the techie
NinaMMitchell...the singer - artist
duari91...the mod
Nick...the errand dude
AirDancer...unquestioningly the dancer...
Mike Public address
Jman96...waitress
Classik...I am the eater - of course. I take care of the classic eating. Hehe.

:biggrin :chin

Back