Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bestiality?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So, I know bestiality is wrong according to the Bible (and rightfully so), but I'm curious about marriage between humans and half-humans... specifically centaurs, although mermaids and harpys would also qualify (although I've never met any of those).

So because a centaur is half human and half animal, would such a marriage be permissible? The children would be 75% human, after all.

This isn't for me, BTW, it's just curiosity. I'm definitely not promoting anything unBiblical, just wondering where half-humans stand. They do have souls, after all.

I suppose if animalistic urges control a society then perhaps submitting to those urges through marriage is not only permissible but inevitable. I wouldn't expect a centaur to know the differences of social morality though and if it did would it care? In the real animal kingdom those urges come natural and are submitted to naturally. If society includes half animal half human then surely a human to centaur marriage can be expected and live like animals following those urges.
:shrug

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I know bestiality is wrong according to the Bible (and rightfully so), but I'm curious about marriage between humans and half-humans... specifically centaurs, although mermaids and harpys would also qualify (although I've never met any of those).

So because a centaur is half human and half animal, would such a marriage be permissible? The children would be 75% human, after all.

This isn't for me, BTW, it's just curiosity. I'm definitely not promoting anything unBiblical, just wondering where half-humans stand. They do have souls, after all.

These half human/animal just mythology. The mind is What Satan wants. The bible states that the thought of foolishness is sin.

Oh dear... I'm a fantasy fanatic, and I love Greek mythology, so this question is something I've actually never really thought of before..

So, theoretically, a centaur is already half human, just like fauns, or satyrs are half human, half goat.. I'm assuming that if they are already half human, some cross breeding has been happening.. Now, if we lived in a world that centaurs, fauns, and minotaurs among many other half human, half animal creatures existed then it would acceptable by society for humans and hybrids to be intimately involved..

I've always liked fauns, and centaurs for some reason. Maybe narnia has a role in it, along with various other mythological sources. :)

I personally don't know if I could marry a half human, half beast..

JMHO, but I read the prohibition against bestiality to be against marrying any being that is not fully human, so I do not think it would be permissible for a human to marry a centaur or satyr or anything of the sort--but that's just my opinion.:)

You have to be from 4chan.

You just have to. Your posts are funny and lighthearted but are just so trollsy.

Someone is finally being subtle and I'm glad.

It's not permitted, if there was such a case.

Read Genesis 6 involving the "sons of God" with human woman. The results were abominable hybrids, giants, etc which is where I am convinced legends about Greek mythology came from, strange hybrid creatures, and spirit beings such as ghosts, poltergeists, and even aliens. The bible called them Nephilim (Hebrew word) and this mixed blood was the very reason for the flood judgement.

Later on in the law, the Lord forbade mixing marriages even outside their nation, and even dissimilar materials were not to be sewn together.

People may think this sounds nuts, but I'm giving you a biblical answer whether one wants to believe it or not, but that's what it teaches.

I suppose if animalistic urges control a society then perhaps submitting to those urges through marriage is not only permissible but inevitable. I wouldn't expect a centaur to know the differences of social morality though and if it did would it care? In the real animal kingdom those urges come natural and are submitted to naturally. If society includes half animal half human then surely a human to centaur marriage can be expected and live like animals following those urges.
:shrug
I'm just curious why you would assume the Centaurs would be more animalistic?

i would marry a female host of a go-auld. of course that would mean i would have to conquer the earth and other planets.lol

I was basing my opinion off whether society would accept it, but in biblical terms, it would be wrong.. it specifically talks about if a woman were to be caught with a beast, to stone her to death, and the animal, and the blood of the woman, and animal would be shed. So, based off that scripture, I don't think marriage with centaurs, minotaurs, or satyrs would be permissible.. but we are talking about mythical creatures that don't even exist.. lol.

They might not exist, but if you even think about having sex with a beast, you have sinned.

I 'm thinking you probably should be stoned too just for thinking of it

Unless one can give me proof of half human/animal creatures this is just mythology and foolishness of thought and Timothy says to avoid foolish questions.

2 Timothy 2:
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Leviticus 20:
15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

How do you know they are just myth?

Do you believe they were real. If you do, then you don't believe what the bible states in Genesis. God made man and beasts as distinct creatures. As Paul said.. Avoid FOOLISH questions and this is one.

Do you believe they were real. If you do, then you don't believe what the bible states in Genesis. God made man and beasts as distinct creatures. As Paul said.. Avoid FOOLISH questions and this is one.

Out of curiosity, what is your definition of "Beast"? Because if you mean "Animal", then we have a bit of a problem, as humans are also animals.

i would marry a female host of a go-auld. of course that would mean i would have to conquer the earth and other planets.lol
But I thought we are meant to be searching for weapons that can defend earth from the go-auld, or was Teal'c's sacrifice for nothing? :biggrin

But I thought we are meant to be searching for weapons that can defend earth from the go-auld, or was Teal'c's sacrifice for nothing? :biggrin
shish. im a tokra operative. i rewatched seasons 2 and three of sg1 recently. man that show is that good.

Back