Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Beware of Altered King James Bibles

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
King James Bible believers are faced with an array of problems to day. Of course we all know that the multiplicity of all the new modern versions are a big problem, but another little known problem is the fact that many of the worldly publishing companies are publishing Bibles and calling them King James Bibles when in actuality they are not true King James Bible. Because the King James Bible is in the public domain and not copyrighted (In all places other than England), these worldly publishing companies think they can make minor changes to the standard text so that they can please certain groups which translates into extra sales for them. Today you can still find true King James Bibles but you must proceed with caution. You will be hard pressed to find it at all in any typical Christian book store (or other stores for that matter) without some alterations to the text Cambridge University Press printed the PCE (PURE CAMBRIDGE EDITION) between about 1900 and about 1980. There are millions of them around. It is possible to find nice second hand copies. Proverbs 30:5-6: "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

The Pure Cambridge Edition (first published circa 1900) is the product of the process of textual editing that has occurred since 1611 when the Authorized Version was completed. Please note that there've been no revisions of the Bible since the authorized 1611 King James Bible was first released, only editions (such as spelling standardization). There is nothing wrong with the unedited Authorized 1611 King James Bible. It contains no errors. The standardization of English words does not mean that there are any errors in the original work. Some people refer to the Cambridge Edition as the “Pure Cambridge Edition,†but the word “pure†is improper, because the Words of the Lord are pure (Psalm 12:6-8). To refer to the Cambridge Edition as “pure†implies the the Authorized 1611 King James Bible is less pure or impure. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Authorized 1611 King James Version is pure, because God's Word is pure and the actual translation of the King James Bible has NOT been revised since 1611. So I deliberately refrain from using the word “pure†in reference to any particular edition of the King James Bible, because the original Authorized 1611 King James Bible is as 100% pure as the Cambridge Edition. My intent here is not to diminish the impeccable quality of the Cambridge Edition; but rather, to uphold the integrity, purity, inspiration and inerrancy of the Authorized 1611 Edition.

Also note that the “original†autographs of the Scriptures were in Heaven before God ever spoke the universe into existence. Psalm 119:89, "For ever, O LORD, Thy word is settled in heaven." Thus, the originals do not exist in Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic; but rather, in Heaven where they are settled forever. Before God ever created mankind, the last Word of Revelation was already recorded in Heaven. God's Words are inspired in any language. Don't let anyone discourage you by falsely claiming that the Authorized 1611 King James Bible is less than perfect. It is more than a masterpiece, or the best translation, it is God's perfect and inspired Word! The Cambridge Edition is simply a standardized English copy of God's perfect Word, which He wondrously gave to us in 1611.

Regarding KJV Bibles the Cambridge (Pure Cambridge Edition) text is most likely the best KJV Bible but they are almost impossible to find, while the Cambridge Concord Edition and the Cambridge Pitt Minion Edition are also very good.

Use this checklist to ascertain whether the Bible is a Cambridge Edition:

1. “or Sheba†not “and Sheba†in Joshua 19:2
2. “sin†not “sins†in 2nd Chronicles 33:19
3. “Spirit of God†not “spirit of God†in Job 33:4
4. “whom ye†not “whom he†in Jeremiah 34:16
5. “Spirit of God†not “spirit of God†in Ezekiel 11:24
6. “flieth†not “fleeth†in Nahum 3:16
7. “Spirit†not “spirit†in Matthew 4:1
8. “further†not “farther†in Matthew 26:39
9. “bewrayeth†not “betrayeth†in Matthew 26:73
10. “Spirit†not “spirit†in Mark 1:12
11. “spirit†not “Spirit†in Acts 11:28

For places to buy one or to download one:
http://www.pdf.cftresources.com/2008_08-24__Beware of Altered King James Bibles.pdf

Your link to your source is not accessible. Please repost.

....Because the King James Bible is in the public domain and not copyrighted (In all places other than England), these worldly publishing companies think they can make minor changes to the standard text so that they can please certain groups which translates into extra sales for them. ...

AKJVR:

Hi.
Forgive me, but I thought you were arguing on the other thread against the KJV being in a copyrighted edition.

Sounds like here you are putting forward why maintaining the integrity of a text by copyright can be useful, whether or not this was your intention.

Actually you and I share a love for the King James. It is, of course, a translation, and by the nature of language and translation, they are ultimately authoritative in relation to the underlying text from which they were translated. The King James doesn't supposedly validate the textual sources from which it was translated, but, rather, the other way round.

I add to this that a Christian shouldn't buy a Thomas Nelson or Zondervan KJV as both of these companies publish worldly books too, some even anti-Christian. They only sell Bibles to get money, that is why they cost more in the bookstores. I'm not sure about the other companies selling KJV Bibles but i believe that Barbour sells the Authorized King James Bible and i haven't found anything wrong with them yet.

Use this checklist to ascertain whether the Bible is a Cambridge Edition:

1. “or Sheba†not “and Sheba†in Joshua 19:2
2. “sin†not “sins†in 2nd Chronicles 33:19
3. “Spirit of God†not “spirit of God†in Job 33:4
4. “whom ye†not “whom he†in Jeremiah 34:16
5. “Spirit of God†not “spirit of God†in Ezekiel 11:24
6. “flieth†not “fleeth†in Nahum 3:16
7. “Spirit†not “spirit†in Matthew 4:1
8. “further†not “farther†in Matthew 26:39
9. “bewrayeth†not “betrayeth†in Matthew 26:73
10. “Spiritnot “spirit†in Mark 1:12
11. “spirit†not “Spirit†in Acts 11:28

I add to this that a Christian shouldn't buy a Thomas Nelson or Zondervan KJV as both of these companies publish worldly books too, some even anti-Christian. They only sell Bibles to get money, that is why they cost more in the bookstores. I'm not sure about the other companies selling KJV Bibles but i believe that Barbour sells the Authorized King James Bible and i haven't found anything wrong with them yet.

AKJV:

What about Oxford University Press's King James? or Collins King James? and so are folks in Canada, India or wherever they buy Bibles in English, got to have a list of other publications by Oxford, Collins, Zondervan, etc, before they 'should' supposedly read the Bible, 'in case' someone, somewhere doesn't agree with some other publication that they might have issued some time?

Come to think of it, why stop at English in applying such a supposed 'rule' about when not to read the Bible? (In some languages, there is only one publisher that has supplied a Bible in that language.)

What about Oxford University Press's King James? or Collins King James? and so are folks in Canada, India or wherever they buy Bibles in English, got to have a list of other publications by Oxford, Collins, Zondervan, etc, before they 'should' supposedly read the Bible, 'in case' someone, somewhere doesn't agree with some other publication that they might have issued some time?
Come to think of it, why stop at English in applying such a supposed 'rule' about when not to read the Bible? (In some languages, there is only one publisher that has supplied a Bible in that language.)

This thread is about getting the Best Bible that you can get. While you could buy a Zondervan KJV at a more expensive price, i'm sure the text has been altered to get a copyright for it and also this will shock you, Zondervan also publishes the satanic bible. So if you were in a situation where you had a Zondervan NIV or Zondervan KJV, you would choose the KJV.
The best KJV is not the Oxford University one but the old Cambridge University one. I think from memory that the new Cambridge King James Bibles have been altered for some reason. I have not heard much about Collin KJV's so i cant say it is the best. But that list i provided above, if you get 11 out of 11 of them verses correct then you have the best King James Bible so i would use that as a guide.
As for Bibles in other languages all i can say is pray to God that He will show you the best Bible that you can get. I believe that God showed me that the Authorized King James Bible is the best one. As you know, Proverbs is about getting knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

This thread is about getting the Best Bible that you can get. While you could buy a Zondervan KJV at a more expensive price, i'm sure the text has been altered to get a copyright for it and also this will shock you, Zondervan also publishes the satanic bible. So if you were in a situation where you had a Zondervan NIV or Zondervan KJV, you would choose the KJV.
The best KJV is not the Oxford University one but the old Cambridge University one. I think from memory that the new Cambridge King James Bibles have been altered for some reason. I have not heard much about Collin KJV's so i cant say it is the best. But that list i provided above, if you get 11 out of 11 of them verses correct then you have the best King James Bible so i would use that as a guide.
As for Bibles in other languages all i can say is pray to God that He will show you the best Bible that you can get. I believe that God showed me that the Authorized King James Bible is the best one. As you know, Proverbs is about getting knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

The Satanic Bible is published by a company that also OWNS Zondervan. Zondervan has nothing to do with it's publication at all!

Mass Market Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Avon (December 1, 1976)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9780380015399
ISBN-13: 978-0380015399

Amazon, of course.

As I have stated in your other topic (well one of them) about the KJV...

The reasons you pick the KJV are flawed because I can point you to other translations that are better picks for each of the reasons you give. I can point to older translations that have no copyright in any country and use the same manuscripts. Your adherence to the KJV is more about blind faith to it, and that's something you ought to be concerned about, because it's not about the translation, as anything but the original Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic is but the reworking of God's Word by man's hands.

All bible translations, even your precious KJV, is altered/flawed/twisted.

I say this, not to insight anger in you, but because you honestly are coming off with this air that says the translation is more important than God. And that's concerning...

All bible translations, even your precious KJV, is altered/flawed/twisted.

Why do you believe that God wasn't interested in keeping His message pure? Do you think He wanted us to do it for Him and when we Got it wrong He was just to weak to do anything about it?

AK, be careful. I don't mean you are breaking any rules here. By that I mean don't fall into the trap that one Bible is superior to ALL the others. You know by our PM conversations that I prefer the KJ and any others that have their toots in the TR.

But strictly adhering to one Bible over the others does NOT guarantee proper theology and doctrine. Ever those who place the KJ above all others are know to expound bad doctrine and even heretical beliefs. :yes

One more thing, don't rely on one set of sources for fear you may not be getting the whole truth either. You stated that the "true" KJ contains no errors and there were no revisions. That is not true. It did contain errors and the notion that there were no revisions is just a play on words.

There were editions like you said but within them were revisions. Hey, just simply taking out what we now call The Apocrypha IS a revision.

No errors?

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

There is an error in that verse. The second use of the word "fold" should read, flock. I'm assuming it was lifted from the Wycliffe translation and not checked against the MMSs.

Robert Young translated it this way:

16and other sheep I have that are not of this fold, these also it behoveth me to bring, and my voice they will hear, and there shall become one flock -- one shepherd.

Peace...

One more thing, Ronnie and anyone else tempted to interject useless sarcasm... Please refrain from such postings. :yes

AK, be careful. I don't mean you are breaking any rules here. By that I mean don't fall into the trap that one Bible is superior to ALL the others. You know by our PM conversations that I prefer the KJ and any others that have their toots in the TR.

But strictly adhering to one Bible over the others does NOT guarantee proper theology and doctrine. Ever those who place the KJ above all others are know to expound bad doctrine and even heretical beliefs. :yes

One more thing, don't rely on one set of sources for fear you may not be getting the whole truth either. You stated that the "true" KJ contains no errors and there were no revisions. That is not true. It did contain errors and the notion that there were no revisions is just a play on words.

There were editions like you said but within them were revisions. Hey, just simply taking out what we now call The Apocrypha IS a revision.

No errors?

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

There is an error in that verse. The second use of the word "fold" should read, flock. I'm assuming it was lifted from the Wycliffe translation and not checked against the MMSs.

Robert Young translated it this way:

16and other sheep I have that are not of this fold, these also it behoveth me to bring, and my voice they will hear, and there shall become one flock -- one shepherd.

Peace...

One more thing, Ronnie and anyone else tempted to interject useless sarcasm... Please refrain from such postings. :yes

I fail to see the difference between a fold and a flock--- English-wise they are virtually synonyms. Can you or anyone else explain the difference? I can't see the significance even looking up the Greek, although I admit the second "fold" is "flock" in Greek.

As for other translations, I always check the KJV compared to others using Ezekiel 21:27 where in the KJV it says the throne of King David will be overturned (the Hebrew says overthrown which is a synonym). Most other translations incorrectly state "ruin". If the throne ceased, either then or now, then God's promise to Israel utterly failed and there is no Savior since this prophecy was uttered before Christ. In addition, the proper KJV word asserts my British Throne belief to occupy until Christ comes, but not if it's "ruined".

I can overthrow or overturn my car, and it may be ruined, but not necessarily--- it does not imply a finality, but rather a change in order. But to say "ruin" means an absolute extinction, like a lost soul in the end times that will be annihilated in hell to exist no more. To "ruin" would void the covenant. That's why these translations are so dangerous.

I fail to see the difference between a fold and a flock--- English-wise they are virtually synonyms. Can you or anyone else explain the difference? I can't see the significance even looking up the Greek, although I admit the second "fold" is "flock" in Greek.
Tim, it's simple; folds of sheep are usually confined or fenced in while flocks are free to roam... basically, they are led by their Shepherd :thumbsup

It's a minor difference but the difference is reflected well in other passages in scripture. We should all be asking ourselves; are we part of a fold and confined to four walls or four sides of a fenced in area or are we a part of an ever growing flock, free to roam and spread the Gospel?

I was wrong about one thing though, it wasn't carried over from Wycliffe's version, it came from Jerome's Vulgate.

By that I mean don't fall into the trap that one Bible is superior to ALL the others.

Vic, if you take the Modern Version Bibles and compare them for errors against the KJV the KJV will win because there will be no significant errors in the KJV while i have the information at http://www.jesus-is-savior.com and other sites that tell me the errors in the Modern Version Bibles. And by that i mean important things like the deity of Christ, missing verses, verses that give different ideas of God etc. And so i'm using common sense and even knowledge to say that the Authorized King James Bible is the best. How is that a trap? Jesus is the Word in John 1 yet i dont see any errors in Jesus. The Authorized King James Bible is pure to me.

The errors your thinking of in the KJV are things like spelling mistakes or fold or flock it makes no difference as it is not really an error. And does not change the message of the text or take away the message about God and Jesus.

Vic, if you take the Modern Version Bibles and compare them for errors against the KJV the KJV will win because there will be no significant errors in the KJV while i have the information at http://www.jesus-is-savior.com and other sites that tell me the errors in the Modern Version Bibles. And by that i mean important things like the deity of Christ, missing verses, verses that give different ideas of God etc. And so i'm using common sense and even knowledge to say that the Authorized King James Bible is the best. How is that a trap? Jesus is the Word in John 1 yet i dont see any errors in Jesus. The Authorized King James Bible is pure to me.

The errors your thinking of in the KJV are things like spelling mistakes or fold or flock it makes no difference as it is not really an error. And does not change the message of the text or take away the message about God and Jesus.

This is heiferdust.

I get a kick out of some translations that instead of saying the day of the month of the the Lord's feast, it says "in April". I think one lady in church read something that said "On April 1....." and so forth. Yeah, April fools! :lol

the best bible is one that you will actually read
instead of trying to pick holes in one version or another
why dont you read your bible to find out what God is saying to you personaly

the best bible is one that you will actually read
instead of trying to pick holes in one version or another
why dont you read your bible to find out what God is saying to you personaly

What are you talking about? And, who are you posting this to?

Personally, I got my convictions straight from the King James Bible.

So did many other people who hold that the King James Bible is the only Bible that contains the true Word of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back