Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Beware of Altered King James Bibles

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And they would be Ok if they just kept that nonsense to themselves but no, they insist on making it an article of faith which it is not.

And they would be Ok if they just kept that nonsense to themselves but no, they insist on making it an article of faith which it is not.

Who are you addressing here?

It wouldt be helpful to the rest of us if you'd not work in the darkness.

Most of what you say is illogical nonsense to me anyway. I wonder if you actually know that you are leading people away from the truth, or if you're just extremely deceived. There's a lot of those two things going around nowadays.

I was addressing your last post Ronnie, specifically the line which says:
So did many other people who hold that the King James Bible is the only Bible that contains the true Word of God.

Are you asserting that non-acceptance of KJV-Onlyism is a salvation issue?

So did many other people who hold that the King James Bible is the only Bible that contains the true Word of God

Wow what if i only read Spanish? Then I dont read the true Word of God? Is the Spanish version lessor? What if i was a Muslim and wanted to read the true God's true Word?

No i am not i would really like an answer from some one who says what you say. Your reply is the one i always get.

The majority text could be translated into any language you please. The Word of God isn't constricted by language barriers.

If the Spirit moves a man, he'll get it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
The KJ is a good translation. I do believe we are living in a time when an attempt is being made to actually change the word of God by subtle changes in some of the new translations. I see this "dynamic thought" as straight from the mind of satan,we need to read the exact word for word as much as possible and decide for ourselves what it means.

Thanks ronnie!

KJV is by far my favorite.

I sorta agree Sam but at the same think/know/believe God will take care of His Word.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

I just bought a King James Version of the Holy Bible yesterday. I put it up against your checklist and :thumbsup it passed!

Hendrickson Bibles is the name of the company that made my Bible.

I wonder if you actually know that you are leading people away from the truth, or if you're just extremely deceived. There's a lot of those two things going around nowadays.

Wow. To be so indoctrinated with this line of reasoning that you feel people are being led away from Christ, I just can't get into that narrow view of God. It's as though you've taken Him and wrapped Him up between to covers of a book. Obviously, you're not the only one here who is caught up in the exclusionary grip, but thankfully it's only a few. I can imagine it might be hard to deny something that's been pounded into you with such intensity.

Your people claim that the original KJV is "the" only True Word that has been preserved. Since you believe this :shame, then it seems it would follow that any offshoot that changes that Word would be corrupt. Seldom does a language perfectly translate to another, so something translated from the Kings English to Spanish would have to be corrupt it seems. I suppose the same holds when translating to Kings English from, say... Greek? (ouch!)

For the past decade or so, I sadly found that the Bible publishing company called Zondervan in Grand Rapids, Michigan has published these error--ridden "KJV" Bibles! The first one I noticed was called "KJV Pew Bible...copyright 1983 by Zondervan"...had the word "show" instead of "shew" throughout the whole book!
But it gets worse; in the Zondervan "KJV" Gift and Award vinyl-covered, copyright 2000 "Bible", it does show the word "shew" throughout, and not "show" as was in the 1983 one. However, then they had "Cesar" and "Judea" in place of "Caesar" and "Judaea" (sorry, I don't know off hand how to make that squashed "ae" that is found in real KJV Bibles). This one had a "ISBN 0-310-94133-4"
But if that was not bad enough, it got even worse! This one was given to me by my next-door neighbour (that's "neighbor" to you Americans) in the past year, the Zondervan "KJV" Gift and Award vinyl-covered, revised "Bible", copyright 2002, Library of Congress Catalog Number 2002104098. Now this one shows the proofreading company to be Interior Proofreading by Peachtree Editorial & Proofreading Service of Peachtree City, GA. I am sure I will never give them my business!

The following errors are only in the order of which I found them:
1 Timothy 2:9 - "shamefastness" should read "shamefacedness"!
Luke 16:26 - "besides" should read "beside"!
1 Corinthians 13:2 - "no" should read "not"!
1 Corinthians 14:9 - "So likewise you" should read "So likewise ye"!
Luke 12:21 - "towards" should read "toward"!
Proverbs 5:19-20 - "ravisht" should read "ravished"!
Isaiah 61:7 - "For your shame you shall" should read "For your shame ye shall"!
Mark 15:38 - "vail" should read "veil"!
Proverbs 6:27-28 - "burnt" should read "burned"!
Proverbs 23:30 - "mixt" should read "mixed"!
These are not all the errors that I found. Also, it seems as far as I noticed that all the words that begin with an "h" but in a real KJV Bible have the word "an" before them have the word "a" instead of "an"! For example:
Matthew 25:24 - "thou art a hard man" should read "thou art an hard man"!
Matthew 18:17 - "a heathen" should read "an heathen"!
I am not an expert in past or present English, however, even I can guess that there have never been such words in English as "ravisht", "shamefastness" or "mixt"!

A friend of mine! :yes

For the past decade or so, I sadly found that the Bible publishing company called Zondervan in Grand Rapids, Michigan has published these error--ridden "KJV" Bibles! The first one I noticed was called "KJV Pew Bible...copyright 1983 by Zondervan"...had the word "show" instead of "shew" throughout the whole book!
But it gets worse; in the Zondervan "KJV" Gift and Award vinyl-covered, copyright 2000 "Bible", it does show the word "shew" throughout, and not "show" as was in the 1983 one. However, then they had "Cesar" and "Judea" in place of "Caesar" and "Judaea" (sorry, I don't know off hand how to make that squashed "ae" that is found in real KJV Bibles). This one had a "ISBN 0-310-94133-4"
But if that was not bad enough, it got even worse! This one was given to me by my next-door neighbour (that's "neighbor" to you Americans) in the past year, the Zondervan "KJV" Gift and Award vinyl-covered, revised "Bible", copyright 2002, Library of Congress Catalog Number 2002104098. Now this one shows the proofreading company to be Interior Proofreading by Peachtree Editorial & Proofreading Service of Peachtree City, GA. I am sure I will never give them my business!

The following errors are only in the order of which I found them:
1 Timothy 2:9 - "shamefastness" should read "shamefacedness"!
Luke 16:26 - "besides" should read "beside"!
1 Corinthians 13:2 - "no" should read "not"!
1 Corinthians 14:9 - "So likewise you" should read "So likewise ye"!
Luke 12:21 - "towards" should read "toward"!
Proverbs 5:19-20 - "ravisht" should read "ravished"!
Isaiah 61:7 - "For your shame you shall" should read "For your shame ye shall"!
Mark 15:38 - "vail" should read "veil"!
Proverbs 6:27-28 - "burnt" should read "burned"!
Proverbs 23:30 - "mixt" should read "mixed"!
These are not all the errors that I found. Also, it seems as far as I noticed that all the words that begin with an "h" but in a real KJV Bible have the word "an" before them have the word "a" instead of "an"! For example:
Matthew 25:24 - "thou art a hard man" should read "thou art an hard man"!
Matthew 18:17 - "a heathen" should read "an heathen"!
I am not an expert in past or present English, however, even I can guess that there have never been such words in English as "ravisht", "shamefastness" or "mixt"!

A friend of mine! :yes

Didn't you say earlier that a seemingly small change such as "fold" as opposed to "flock" was rather insignificant and didn't compromise the "authority" of the KJV. But here you're stating that published version of a KJV that renders the word "shew", "show" is completely corrupt. That seems rather contradictory no?

In my opinion the word Flock as opposed to Fold is a bigger difference that changing the word "an" to "a" in Matthew 25:24 - "thou art a hard man" should read "thou art an hard man"!. Grammatically speaking, it reads correctly when you change "an" to "a".

To conclude, stating that the KJV is the authorized version (Oddly enough authorized by a King and not God so it really has no spiritual bearing), and then giving a round about answer for what Christians in other countries who don't speak English should read is rather disconcerting. You mentioned that they should translate from the KJV and that God should lead that man. Wouldn't it make more sense to translate from the original Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew texts in the same manner the KJV was? If you prefer to read the KJV there's nothing wrong with that. I'd be the first to advocate how beautiful and poetic a version it is. Very convicting (grammatically) in a lot of areas. However, it is not my preference and there are versions that are far more literal (ESV, NASB, and the HCSB) and which are NOT Dynamic thought for thought translations. They've been painstakingly translated with the sole intent of maintaing accuracy. Sometimes even forefeiting readability for the sake of faithfulness to a direct rendering.

My two Cents,

Lance

I knew a man who swore by the 1611 KJV, and claimed it proved that Adam had 2 wives. A publisher does NOT translate the bible. There is a group, I believe called the Bible Translation Society, that does most of the translations. This group consists of biblical linguist, biblical historians, and other experts who do nothing but study the earliest writings known to make sure the translations are as accurate as possible. However, they do try to make sure that people today can understand the bible. So the language may be "tweaked" slightly, without changing the true meaning, so that people today, who probably don't speak Aramaic, ancient Greek, or even Old English, can understand it. That was the original purpose of the KJV. To put it in a language that people of that day could understand. And if the KJV is perfect, then is the Geneva version, or any of the other earlier versions, flawed?

I think it wiser to trust in God Himself than in words we find even in the bible. The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life!

I love and prefer the KJV of the bible. But it is far from a perfect translation. In fact, Hebrew, for instance, is really untranslatable when we are looking at the whole of the content. There are too many nuances, word plays, double meanings etc....

So when studying, I look at different translations as well as the original. I read Hebrew but I have a hard time in Greek! It's Greek to me!;)

At times one sees the inspiration in a translation...that gets at the true meaning of the text! The KJV does this a lot. But NOT ALWAYS!

I find that certain translations cause believers to adopt errors in their understanding based on a faulty rendering of the words.

For instance, many think that salvation is a free gift (as in it doesn't cost anything)

This is an English language problem. In fact salvation is offered FREELY! ....but it will cost you a lifetime of faithfulness to God.:)

There are many other errors that one can attribute to a faulty reading...even in Paul's day!!!!

So we must also read with the help of the Holy Spirit.

The word AND the Spirit...the Spirit and the word.

If you amalgamate these two you get...

Spirit/word ...Spiword...Spword...Sword!:lol

To conclude, stating that the KJV is the authorized version (Oddly enough authorized by a King and not God so it really has no spiritual bearing), and then giving a round about answer for what Christians in other countries who don't speak English should read is rather disconcerting.

Ecclesiastes 8:
[FONT=arial,helvatica]4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

King Solomon as well as King David had spiritual bearing.

[/FONT]
However, it is not my preference and there are versions that are far more literal (ESV, NASB, and the HCSB) and which are NOT Dynamic thought for thought translations. They've been painstakingly translated with the sole intent of maintaing accuracy. Sometimes even forefeiting readability for the sake of faithfulness to a direct rendering.

I dont know about that. The ESV and NASB have major errors from what i read.
[FONT=arial,helvatica]
[/FONT]
And if the KJV is perfect, then is the Geneva version, or any of the other earlier versions, flawed?

I believe the answer is at jesus-is-savior.com from memory.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back