Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible predictions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

1. Did the Bible declare that the world is round?
2. Did the Bible recognize a revolving earth?
3. Did the Bible know that the stars were innumberable?
4. Does the Bible refer to lightning, or electricity ( radio), being used to convey speech from one place to another?
5. Did the Bible know that the interior of the earth is a fire?
6. Did the Bible predict the invention of Television?
7. Did the Bible predict the coming of the Automobile?

Does anyone doubt that the Word of God is true, pure, and 100 percent accurate?

May God bless, Golfjack

Yes, I believe that---- and that is the point in searching for esoterica in the bible as well. Not that the bible does not already speak plainly, but within it are deeper meanings for those with eyes to see and ears to hear. It's like layers of an onion.

I had a disagreement with my pastor when I said that kids ought to be taught the scriptures in Sunday School and not today's "issues" except in the light of the scriptures. He could not understand how Levitical dietary laws for example would keep kids away from drugs or an answer to our health problems. Needless to say, that (statement) is the problem in our church that we are going thru right now.

On a side note here, I believe it is possible that the combination of the Hebrew letters may also contain a code that explains every action and existence in the universe, but that is obviously the deeper layer of the onion beyond the simple rendering of the text.

golfjack said:
1. Did the Bible declare that the world is round?

In Isaiah 40:22 God is said to sit above “the circle of the earth†(the Hebrew word for circle can also mean a sphere).

2. Did the Bible recognize a revolving earth?

Luke 17:34–36 says the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night at the same time.

3. Did the Bible know that the stars were innumberable?

Jeremiah 33:22 says, "As the host of heaven can not be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured" (also Genesis 15:5, & 22:17).

4. Does the Bible refer to lightning, or electricity ( radio), being used to convey speech from one place to another?

Jack if there is I can not think of a verse for it

5. Did the Bible know that the interior of the earth is a fire?

Only by understanding Revelation 13 and others. Here is a site with this topic in mind http://www.revelation13.net/KingJames7.html

6. Did the Bible predict the invention of Television?

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I think this speaks of the television, because now we have technology where every eye can see Him when He comes. Look at the World Trade Center, it was seen world wide (live).

7. Did the Bible predict the coming of the Automobile?

It does, but I will have to get back with you on the Scripture reference

Does anyone doubt that the Word of God is true, pure, and 100 percent accurate?

NOPE:

May God bless, Golfjack

Atonement responce in red:

Atonement, I believe that you are looking for is found in Job 38:35: Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?

May God bless, Golfjack

I think this is pretty neat too:

For the life of a creature is in the blood, Leviticus 17:11

George Washington's doctors should have read that one.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back