Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Biden campaigns for Trump

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
None of these people are acting in accordance to what Jesus said to his disciples in the New Testament. Christians follow Jesus. So when he commands them to turn the other cheek and even pray for those that persecute them, and they do the opposite, then they have forsaken their messiah and gone their own way.

But the same cannot be said of Muslims who commit murder in the name of Allah. They are acting in accordance to the example set forth by their prophet. That's what makes Islam so dangerous, in addition to the fact that it's never gone through a reformation, as well as the fact that it claims to be the final revelation from God, which is itself a temptation to violence.
Again, you're engaging in nuanced apologetics for Christians while denying Muslims the same consideration.

I mean seriously dude.....you think Christians never cite the OT to justify things? If so, you need to get out more.

Those verses very clearly describe killing non-believers. Not much else to say.

And some would just as casually claim that the Christians who shoot abortion doctors and blow up women in clinics are practicing their religion.

That's the thing about just saying things....one can quite literally say anything.

The moon is made of cheese. Did that suddenly become true because I said so? No? It's the same with what you said.
Yeah.
You like that argument.
But you do the same.
I post proof and you won't even LISTEN to a few minutes of it. You think you know more about immigration than DOUGLAS MURRAY?!

Let's try again:

Christians are not SUPPOSED to kill abortion doctors.

Muslims are SUPPOSED to fly into bldgs.

Easy concept.

Get yourself a copy of the Qu'ran and read it.

Oops.
You don't read proof.

Again, you're engaging in nuanced apologetics for Christians while denying Muslims the same consideration.

I mean seriously dude.....you think Christians never cite the OT to justify things? If so, you need to get out more.
What do Christian's cited from the OT to justify an immoral action?

No.
Really.
I can't think of any.

The Christians who do say they are.

But you don't pay attention to what persons say!
So why do you care what those a abortionist killing Christians say???

You're showing your double standard.

The moon is made of cheese. See? I can just say things too.
Ah.
But I KNOW about the moon.

But You, OTOH, refuse to learn about Islam by simply reading their book.

You don't do reading or watching videos.
Want me to post some stuff?

But you don't pay attention to what persons say!
So why do you care what those a abortionist killing Christians say???

You're showing your double standard.
Of course I pay attention to what people say.

But You, OTOH, refuse to learn about Islam by simply reading their book.

You don't do reading or watching videos.
Want me to post some stuff?
Yes please....I would really like to see the verse that says Muslims must fly planes into buildings or else they aren't Muslims.

I've read the Quran and I don't remember seeing that part.
You said Christians quote from the OT to justify some action.

Could you tell me just one of those actions?
Killing gays and citing Lev 18:12

No, I'm not. I'm not even a Christian. I'm citing what is common knowledge. There's nothing nuanced about stating that Jesus commanders his followers to be peaceful.

Sure they do. But that doesn't suddenly make Jesus a warlord like Mohammed was. If they aren't following the teachings of Christ, then they are Christians in habe only. I believe you've even said this yourself in the past.

You believe I'm engaging in double standards, but I'm not. What have I said about Islam that isn't true? What have I said about Muhammad that isn't true? Was he actually a peaceful man and I somehow got this wrong?

No, I'm not. I'm not even a Christian. I'm citing what is common knowledge. There's nothing nuanced about stating that Jesus commanders his followers to be peaceful.

Sure they do. But that doesn't suddenly make Jesus a warlord like Mohammed was. If they aren't following the teachings of Christ, then they are Christians in habe only. I believe you've even said this yourself in the past.

You believe I'm engaging in double standards, but I'm not. What have I said about Islam that isn't true? What have I said about Muhammad that isn't true? Was he actually a peaceful man and I somehow got this wrong?
Yeah, you are clearly engaging in a double standard.

You see Muslims doing terrible things and hear about terrible passages in the Quran, so you conclude that Islam is inherently evil and Muslims are such awful people we need to expel them from the country.

You see Christians doing terrible things and hear about terrible passages in the Bible, but instead of concluding that Christianity is evil and Christians are awful people, you start engaging in apologetics, e.g., the NT is different.

If you can't spot the obvious problem there, I'm not sure what else to say.

Those who agree with you most probably.
You've repeatedly told me what I say is worth nada, niente, nothing.

Yes please....I would really like to see the verse that says Muslims must fly planes into buildings or else they aren't Muslims.

Wll do tomorrow am.
I hope you realize that planes didn't exist back then, but the killing part will be there.

I'm rather shocked that you missed it as you read the Qu'ran.

I've read the Quran and I don't remember seeing that part.

??

I don't see anything about killing anyone in 18.

Verse 12 states that a man is not to marry his wife's sister while she living because this was natural to do after the wife died.

You could check again.
Be back tomorrow.

Further Riven when you say that Jesus only taught peace, you're showing your ignorance of Christianity.

Christians believe Jesus is God, which means the OT passages where God orders and/or condones genocide and taking little girls as the spoils of war.......that's Jesus (according to Christianity).

I hope you realize that planes didn't exist back then, but the killing part will be there.
Oh, so there isn't a passage that says you must fly planes into buildings or else you're not a Muslim.

And as I showed earlier, the Bible also has lots of verses about killing non-believers.

[I don't see anything about killing anyone in 18.
Sigh....it's listed as an abomination, and in Leviticus abominations are punished by death.

You really didn't know that? Really?

Verse 12 states that a man is not to marry his wife's sister while she living because this was natural to do after the wife died.
Lev 20:13 "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Christians who have murdered gays have cited that verse as justification.

Further Riven when you say that Jesus only taught peace, you're showing your ignorance of Christianity.

Christians believe Jesus is God, which means the OT passages where God orders and/or condones genocide and taking little girls as the spoils of war.......that's Jesus (according to Christianity).
According to Christianity God revealed Himself about 4,000 years ago to the Hebrews,,,Abraham being the first. History begins here.

Jesus was the ultimate revelation of God...IOW, there would be nothing new revered about God after Jesus.

If we have new revelation,like from Muhammad or Joseph White, then Jesus would not have been the last and ultimate revelation.

In fact, the QR is a laughable farce....even instructing on how to use WC facilities,,,,,to be kind in language .

According to Christianity God revealed Himself about 4,000 years ago to the Hebrews,,,Abraham being the first. History begins here.

Jesus was the ultimate revelation of God...IOW, there would be nothing new revered about God after Jesus.

If we have new revelation,like from Muhammad or Joseph White, then Jesus would not have been the last and ultimate revelation.

In fact, the QR is a laughable farce....even instructing on how to use WC facilities,,,,,to be kind in language .
Ok

Yeah, you are clearly engaging in a double standard.

You see Muslims doing terrible things and hear about terrible passages in the Quran, so you conclude that Islam is inherently evil and Muslims are such awful people we need to expel them from the country.
It is inherently evil in it's current form. Which is why I support a reformation. Muhammed was a warlord. He butchered people and told his followers to do the same. If he had been more like Jesus and instructed his followers to be peaceful, I dare say that Islam would not be the number one exporter of terrorism around the world.

You see Christians doing terrible things and hear about terrible passages in the Bible, but instead of concluding that Christianity is evil and Christians are awful people, you start engaging in apologetics, e.g., the NT is different.
Again, one doesn't have to be a Christian to recognize the differences between the Old Testament and New Testament, and which one supersedes the other. If Jesus were like Muhammad, then I would have no problem condemning them both. But that isn't the case, and your disingenuous arguments do nothing to make me reconsider.

It is inherently evil in it's current form.
Opinion noted.

Muhammed was a warlord. He butchered people and told his followers to do the same.
And the God of the Old Testament is waaaaaaaay worse.

If he had been more like Jesus and instructed his followers to be peaceful, I dare say that Islam would not be the number one exporter of terrorism around the world.
Again, lots of Christians believe Jesus is God, which means Jesus ordered genocide and other atrocities.

Again, one doesn't have to be a Christian to recognize the differences between the Old Testament and New Testament
Only if you've been around the faith most of your life.

If Jesus were like Muhammad, then I would have no problem condemning them both. But that isn't the case, and your disingenuous arguments do nothing to make me reconsider.
But if Jesus/God orders the killing of every man, woman, and child in a town, plus tells soldiers to take the little girls as their own, that's okay?

If Jesus/God orders the killing of non-believers, that's okay?

And the God of the Old Testament is waaaaaaaay worse.
I agree.

Again, lots of Christians believe Jesus is God, which means Jesus ordered genocide and other atrocities.
Which is absurd given that Christianity is founded on the concept of a trinity. When Jesus was up on the cross, he prayed to God the father. If he were God and there was only God in the singular sense, well that would be quite odd, wouldn't it?

Only if you've been around the faith most of your life.
We have that in common.

But if Jesus/God orders the killing of every man, woman, and child in a town, plus tells soldiers to take the little girls as their own, that's okay?
No. But where is it said in the OT that Jesus was the one doing these things? I think it is quite clear that the God of the OT is very much a Jewish war god.

If Jesus/God orders the killing of non-believers, that's okay?
No. But your entire argument is predicated on the idea that Jesus and the God of the OT are the same. Even if they are the same, the NT supersedes the OT in it's authority. That's why Christians dont have to follow Jewish law.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back