Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Big Blue.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Barbarian

Looked over the railing, into the shade, and there he was. He looked at me, and then he was gone.
8784526532_a9e6667de5_z.jpg

In 2006 there was a Heron living right in the middle of Amsterdam, next to a ferry jetty. I saw it there day after day. Although normally very shy, this particular Heron was so used to humans that it didn't fly away even when people reached out to touch it. It just jabbed them with its beak. It could also make a blood curdling noise.

I hope it's still there.

Only at a distance. I assume you mean the mating dance they do. Not very attractive. Handsome birds, though.
6272715834_15ce4ac5f7_z.jpg

In 2006 there was a Heron living right in the middle of Amsterdam, next to a ferry jetty. I saw it there day after day. Although normally very shy, this particular Heron was so used to humans that it didn't fly away even when people reached out to touch it. It just jabbed them with its beak. It could also make a blood curdling noise.

I hope it's still there.

They are normally very skittish and avoid people more than most herons. But they are also pretty smart. I know of one in a fishing resort, which learned to approach people fishing; he became a very persistent panhandler, and quite comfortable with people, so long as they didn't get too close.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back