Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

BIG or little God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

hldude

“BIG or little God?”
By Zach Wood
Ephesians 3:20-21 (NIV)
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

If someone were to ask you, “Do you serve a big God?”, your answer would most likely be “Yes!”. How many of us would even think of or even consider saying that we don’t? You ask any Christian leader or minister in a church and they would quickly tell you that they do serve a very big God! To answer any other way would be absurd.

We talk so often in the church about how we serve a big God and how powerful He is. We talk often about the amazing things He has done in our lives and how He continues to work is mysterious ways. We have Bible study groups and sermons given on how incredible big our God is. It is absolutely wonderful to share how big God is, but don’t you think we should also be living our lives in a way that shows we believe?

For so long, we have talked this up so much in the church about an amazing and big God that works in unbelievable ways, but so often the way we live our lives doesn’t tell that story to others. We feel good talking about how wonderful He is and make Him sound really great, but then as we live our lives many days, we really don’t show others we truly have that faith in a big God.

Paul definitely believed in a big God! He served a God that was infinitely more powerful than anything he could ever imagine. Paul not only shared about his big God, but he also lived believing this and living it! How many of us actually live this belief out each and every day? How many of us not only talk about how immeasurably great God is, but also live that faith out?

If we’re honest with ourselves and with others, I think we’d have to say that we do a lot more “talk” than actually living that belief out. We cannot only talk about it, but we must live in a way that convinces others that we serve a big God as well.

So, do you serve a BIG God or a little God? Do you make Him little in your everyday life or BIG in the way you live so that others can see His amazing ways?

“Do you serve a big God?”, your answer would most likely be “Yes!”.

I wouldn't answer that question,.. it just makes no sense.

God is Great. God is Good.(benevolent) agreed.

but "Big" ? , little ? those are size descriptions that are hardly applicable.
Isn't it a bit silly to speak in terms of relative human measurement ?
And, ..who is to say God even requires a descriptive size, (time and space) at all ?

Paul definitely believed in a big God! He served a God that was infinitely more powerful than anything he could ever imagine. Paul not only shared about his big God, but he also lived believing this and living it! How many of us actually live this belief out each and every day? How many of us not only talk about how immeasurably great God is, but also live that faith out?

personally I believe God can be as tiny or gigantic as anyone imagines,. it matters not.
Is a Big God better than a small one ? Are larger humans somehow intrinsically better than short and slim ones ?
How much does a Soul weigh ?
How "Big" does God need to be portrayed in order to be "impressive" ?
My God is both all-encompassing and infinitely small, present everywhere at all time.

To me, its a nerve wracking thing to gain God's attention.
The power and might...and I ain't a saint.
Granted He is grace giving and forgiving but where that line ends is a bit of a mystery... I got bad habits that probably cross it. So me staying out of the line of fire is the best.

I wouldn't answer that question,.. it just makes no sense.

God is Great. God is Good.(benevolent) agreed.

but "Big" ? , little ? those are size descriptions that are hardly applicable.
Isn't it a bit silly to speak in terms of relative human measurement ?
And, ..who is to say God even requires a descriptive size, (time and space) at all ?

personally I believe God can be as tiny or gigantic as anyone imagines,. it matters not.
Is a Big God better than a small one ? Are larger humans somehow intrinsically better than short and slim ones ?
How much does a Soul weigh ?
How "Big" does God need to be portrayed in order to be "impressive" ?
My God is both all-encompassing and infinitely small, present everywhere at all time.

Let's reel that line in a bit. On forums like this, we hear lots of terminology. We serve a big, big God is often heard at your tongue talking churches and WOF Camps but not limited to those. It's not in reference to God's physical size. Since God made Adam in His image and breathed into Adam, then by scripture, God would be about our size.

I was slain in the Spirit................................. How come your still breathing then?

Letting Go, letting God!!!......................... Did not scripture tell you to resist the devil, fight the good fight of faith, and your suppose to be holding onto the Word by faith, not just letting go and doing nothing.

Jesus, the 2nd person in the Godhead!!!........................ Where is that scripture? Oh, Rome, 1600's Athasian creed... Ok, I see.

Being on forums, I have come to learn new terms here used often in some churches.
O.S.A.S
T.U.L.I.P
Sola Scriptura

So on.

How big is God to you, or how much you think God loves you?

Is God 2,000 dollar car good to get to work?
Or is God Lamborghini good?

We decided, and receive according to the righteousness in Him we have revelation of. (Right standing with) Hence, Jesus said seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, then things get added to you. God covers the ground with flowers, how much will he give you clothes, oh ye of little faith. Put God's things first, find out just how much you have a good standing with him.

Mike.
To me, its a nerve wracking thing to gain God's attention.
The power and might...and I ain't a saint.
Granted He is grace giving and forgiving but where that line ends is a bit of a mystery... I got bad habits that probably cross it. So me staying out of the line of fire is the best.

There is no mystery. You keep violating your conscience in the things you know need changed, it does not turn out good for you. You cut yourself off from Hearing the more, if you ignore the now and little. You don't want to look back 10 years from now thinking. Man the Lord has not sent me out, nothing has happened, He's not talking to me, what is going on here.

The pharisee's overhearing Jesus saying, "Are you saying we don't see?

And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also? Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
(Joh 9:40-41 KJV)

If you say you see, don't play with that, go to God, get help, and let him know you see, and want help from Him to get it fixed. That is far better than saying I see, but heck with it.
Mike.

No, not my conscience... It's my heart that is the trouble. You see my heart is very deceitful. I may think I am doing good and right but maybe not.
I know I don't have all the knowledge of what is good...I know that only God does. And inadvertently I may not do what is right.
Peter was God's chosen leader of the Apostles but Paul had to chew him out for his actions. Peter thought he was doing right but wasn't. What if I do the same kind of thing?
It would be a bad day then. Don't wanna go there. Forgiveness for others is much easier than forgiving yourself.... Unless you are a narcissist.

No, not my conscience... It's my heart that is the trouble. You see my heart is very deceitful. I may think I am doing good and right but maybe not.
I know I don't have all the knowledge of what is good...I know that only God does. And inadvertently I may not do what is right.
Peter was God's chosen leader of the Apostles but Paul had to chew him out for his actions. Peter thought he was doing right but wasn't. What if I do the same kind of thing?
It would be a bad day then. Don't wanna go there. Forgiveness for others is much easier than forgiving yourself.... Unless you are a narcissist.

The Reason God does not require it all at once. It's not wrong, if you don't think it's wrong. There is no condemnation for that. You might smoke a pack a day, not think a thing about it, your conscience never bothers you at all. God is perfectly fine with that.

So, while down the road, God may bring up the fact He would rather you not smoke, and it weighs on your conscience (Heart) you still know by conscience (Heart) what seems good.

God has never been upset at anyone stepping out thinking they were doing good, when it was the wrong choice. God can correct that.

The problem comes when you violate what you know to be good.

Forgiveness for others:
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
(Eph 5:28-29 KJV)

NO, it's not more easy to forgive others. No man ever has given grace to others more than himself. There is also no scripture saying "Forgive yourself" There is a scripture that says judge yourself, least ye be judged.

And there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. So the issue would not be staying "IN HIM" and obeying Him. That is a very serious matter.

Not trying to beat you up, just want you to see something. I know way back things were different for you, they don't have to stay the way they are now.

Mike.

:?
i don't hate your posts,.where do you get that idea ?
do you not get enough attention ? :poke:tongue

Wait til Jethro comes on tonight.
People won't even know that I exist.

Brother, least your Mom did not name you SpagLard. Not judging or anything, just saying.

ya, good old Jethro. We was having a fine battle about Justification from Grace and faith only, or Faith with action. That was until Reba shut it down. Love those scripture wars man. :helmet

The Reason God does not require it all at once. It's not wrong, if you don't think it's wrong. There is no condemnation for that. You might smoke a pack a day, not think a thing about it, your conscience never bothers you at all. God is perfectly fine with that.

So, while down the road, God may bring up the fact He would rather you not smoke, and it weighs on your conscience (Heart) you still know by conscience (Heart) what seems good.

God has never been upset at anyone stepping out thinking they were doing good, when it was the wrong choice. God can correct that.

The problem comes when you violate what you know to be good.

Forgiveness for others:
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
(Eph 5:28-29 KJV)

NO, it's not more easy to forgive others. No man ever has given grace to others more than himself. There is also no scripture saying "Forgive yourself" There is a scripture that says judge yourself, least ye be judged.

And there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. So the issue would not be staying "IN HIM" and obeying Him. That is a very serious matter.

Not trying to beat you up, just want you to see something. I know way back things were different for you, they don't have to stay the way they are now.

Mike.
But what if God wanted me to smoke and it was simply a "rule of man" that decided it was a sin to smoke. Then I would be sinning but sure I was doing the good thing.

Then there's the whole thing about those that don't know me very well but believe that they are prophets and can tell me precisely how and why I need to change my ways. I could believe them and end up doing all kinds of things that would anger God. And then the next time I gain God's attention it will only be for punishment instead of Him granting my hearts deepest wishes or things that bring me lots of joy that are good.

:lol2 My name is Melissa, Spaglard is my not so charming secret interweb moniker.

Hi. My name is Mike. I became addicted to Jesus in 1997............................... bla, bla,bla and bla............that is my story. Glad to meet you Melissa.
(It would have been more funny though if your name really was Spaglard) To bad that.

But what if God wanted me to smoke and it was simply a "rule of man" that decided it was a sin to smoke. Then I would be sinning but sure I was doing the good thing.

Then there's the whole thing about those that don't know me very well but believe that they are prophets and can tell me precisely how and why I need to change my ways. I could believe them and end up doing all kinds of things that would anger God. And then the next time I gain God's attention it will only be for punishment instead of Him granting my hearts deepest wishes or things that bring me lots of joy that are good.

First, I do speak prophecy and in tongues. Don't mind laying hands on the sick and expecting them to be healed in the Might Name of Jesus.

However, in your case. Do what you want to do. Just stop doing anything you might think just a little bit the Lord would rather you not do. Anything that is not of faith is sin.

That is not prophecy, that is in response to your first post. No, God is not going to punish you, that's crazy. Keep your conscience clear, and your heart will have confidence toward God.

Even if it's just a stupid show you watch, and you feel in some way it might not be best to watch it, though it might be G-rated. Follow that.

Scriptures here Brother.

At least think about this, I only want the best for folks, despite I am a real As$ at times. My heart is for them. (Something I am working on, and on, and on, and on and yea, any man not offend in word or deed is a perfect man................. grrrr...

Blessings.

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back