Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Billy Graham

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm personally not a fan that or I'm getting him confused with Benny Hinn who's fan I am most certainly not.

From the way the older generations talk about him he's very respected, but I don't hear that same reverence among the younger Christians. I guess that means I'm too uninformed to have an opinion :lol

Either way, God bless him

I hear a lot about Billy Graham. A lot of my parents' generation became Christians on the Billy Graham crusade to Australia in the 60's or whenever it was. I definately get the respect vibe for him, but honestly I don't know too much about the guy doctrine-wise. It's obviously nothing heretical or I'd know about. But I think I"ll Wikipedia him. :)

What do you all think of him?

Billy Graham was more interested in letting people know about God than knowing about Billy Graham. Most of the big names today do not seem to possess the humility that he has.

There are a lot of people in Heaven because of his work. Definatly one of the good guys.

Billy Graham was more interested in letting people know about God than knowing about Billy Graham. Most of the big names today do not seem to possess the humility that he has.

There are a lot of people in Heaven because of his work. Definatly one of the good guys.

Just posted about this in another thread. Billy Graham has done great things for God but I fear he's become influenced by New Age philosophy- all roads lead to heaven. Youtube Billy Graham Robert Schuller. Robert Schuller is a new age occultist. Billy Grahams old messages I've heard were powerful, but I think people should be careful listening to him now.

Just posted about this in another thread. Billy Graham has done great things for God but I fear he's become influenced by New Age philosophy- all roads lead to heaven. Youtube Billy Graham Robert Schuller. Robert Schuller is a new age occultist. Billy Grahams old messages I've heard were powerful, but I think people should be careful listening to him now.

post one of the newer messages as he hasnt preached since the death of his wife and has retired.

I saw that interview, hence the reason why I asked the question. I noticed that not a lot of Christains I have spoken to about it believe the interview was legit. However, when I researched, it seemed all too legitimate, with no real response from Graham except one possible email, which was not specifically from him, nor was it terribly specific.

[video=youtube;axxlXy6bLH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxlXy6bLH0[/video]

God has used Billy in a mighty way, he is a true man of God. Millions upon millions have come to the Lord by God using Billy.

I saw that interview, hence the reason why I asked the question. I noticed that not a lot of Christains I have spoken to about it believe the interview was legit. However, when I researched, it seemed all too legitimate, with no real response from Graham except one possible email, which was not specifically from him, nor was it terribly specific.

[video=youtube;axxlXy6bLH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxlXy6bLH0[/video]

the video is doctored . and that isnt graham voice. its off.

post one of the newer messages as he hasnt preached since the death of his wife and has retired.

not sure what your point is. Are you trying to say he didn't know what he was saying? If people talk without knowing what they're saying you probably shouldn't listen to them anyway. His wife died in 2007, His interview with Schuller was in 1997. Graham was also apparently interviewed on fox news by Tony Snow in 2000. He told Snow:

GRAHAM: When I get there, I'm sure that Jesus is going to say that he
will welcome me. But I think that he's going to say: Well done, our good
and faithful servant. Or he may say: You're in the wrong place.

SNOW: You really worry that you may be told you're in the wrong place? GRAHAM: Yes, because I have not -- I'm not a righteous man. People put
me up on a pedestal that I don't belong in my personal life. And they
think that I'm better than I am. I'm not the good man that people think
I am. Newspapers and magazines and television have made me out to be a
saint. I'm not. I'm not a Mother Teresa. And I feel that very much.

If Billy Graham is unsure of his salvation, who am I to argue? I would like to believe he is, but theres some questionable things that have been coming out of his mouth.

not sure what your point is. Are you trying to say he didn't know what he was saying? If people talk without knowing what they're saying you probably shouldn't listen to them anyway. His wife died in 2007, His interview with Schuller was in 1997. Graham was also apparently interviewed on fox news by Tony Snow in 2000. He told Snow:

GRAHAM: When I get there, I'm sure that Jesus is going to say that he
will welcome me. But I think that he's going to say: Well done, our good
and faithful servant. Or he may say: You're in the wrong place.

SNOW: You really worry that you may be told you're in the wrong place? GRAHAM: Yes, because I have not -- I'm not a righteous man. People put
me up on a pedestal that I don't belong in my personal life. And they
think that I'm better than I am. I'm not the good man that people think
I am. Newspapers and magazines and television have made me out to be a
saint. I'm not. I'm not a Mother Teresa. And I feel that very much.

If Billy Graham is unsure of his salvation, who am I to argue? I would like to believe he is, but theres some questionable things that have been coming out of his mouth.

hes honest. who doesnt say that. i do.

and i find it odd that most of the bible believers that i know didnt hear this.

i am not saying he didnt say this at all but is there evidence of repentance?

i have listened to him on the radio live. and never heard him say that and that was as recent as two or three yrs ago.

ha, you reposted before I responded... I highly doubt that video is doctored. I suggest googling Billy Graham New Age and looking into some of the other things he's said... I know in one of his statements he said Bill Clinton should've been a pastor...

Look, the guy has done probably way more than you or I for God. We all owe him the benefit of the doubt. I however am going to refuse to put anybody up on an untouchable pedestal. If he's wrong, he should be called on it. Even Paul called Peter out

ha, you reposted before I responded... I highly doubt that video is doctored. I suggest googling Billy Graham New Age and looking into some of the other things he's said... I know in one of his statements he said Bill Clinton should've been a pastor...

Look, the guy has done probably way more than you or I for God. We all owe him the benefit of the doubt. I however am going to refuse to put anybody up on an untouchable pedestal. If he's wrong, he should be called on it. Even Paul called Peter out

i know that but some will write him off and not offer the chance to repent. i have done this.

i'm not saying we should embrace the osteens and shullers but if they change we should welcome to the fold.

what i'm saying that on the radio i havent heard him say this while calling men to the alter to repent.

do you actually know what new age is? if one is into that on the level you say billy graham is then surely he wouldnt be preaching the lords name and say something else such as all religiions lead to him.

i haven heard that from him on the radio and that was a few yrs ago. he did say on that show that jesus was the only way!

New Age is a tricky subject. Their beliefs are all over the place. Some consider themselves athiest, some spiritualists. Some believe the beings they channel are the dead, some aliens, and some believe they are angels. I would say that the majority of New Agers out there are unaware of the Luciferic beliefs of the founders of the religion. Whats saddest and scariest though is that most Americans are unaware of New Age infiltration in all forms of our media.

Taken from New Age Website Hollistic Thoughts:

New Age practices have almost conquered the world. Athletes are using guided imagery. Graduate schools of business are invoking T M, Yoga, and Tarot cards in teaching courses on creativity in business (e.g., Stanford Graduate School of Business). Based upon Astrology, the Science of Time, stock market gurus employ Fibonacci numbers and “Wave Theory†in their forecasting.

The New Age Movement | Holistic Thoughts.com

If Billy Graham is new age influenced, its possible he may not even know it. The New Age Movement has taken many religious occultic practices and modernized them into more socially acceptable practices. Can't also fail to mention how they've influenced society through media. I would say probably 90% of our population has no idea WHY they believe what they believe. This is why.

New Age is a tricky subject. Their beliefs are all over the place. Some consider themselves athiest, some spiritualists. Some believe the beings they channel are the dead, some aliens, and some believe they are angels. I would say that the majority of New Agers out there are unaware of the Luciferic beliefs of the founders of the religion. Whats saddest and scariest though is that most Americans are unaware of New Age infiltration in all forms of our media.

Taken from New Age Website Hollistic Thoughts:

New Age practices have almost conquered the world. Athletes are using guided imagery. Graduate schools of business are invoking T M, Yoga, and Tarot cards in teaching courses on creativity in business (e.g., Stanford Graduate School of Business). Based upon Astrology, the Science of Time, stock market gurus employ Fibonacci numbers and “Wave Theory†in their forecasting.

The New Age Movement | Holistic Thoughts.com

If Billy Graham is new age influenced, its possible he may not even know it. The New Age Movement has taken many religious occultic practices and modernized them into more socially acceptable practices. Can't also fail to mention how they've influenced society through media. I would say probably 90% of our population has no idea WHY they believe what they believe. This is why.

i am, and see it everywhere.

i used to be into some of this. i was watching an old show cartoon on hulu.com called he-man and i was suprised at all the heavy new age stuff.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back