Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bipolar Disorder

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
remember it's not politically correct to claim to be able to cure anything in the usa. doesn't matter if 100% are cured at a clinic, they are not allowed to make any claims.
so just trust Yhwh and ask Him for direction and keep seeking ---- His Promise is Faithful.
the simple, clean, natural methods are safe to look into and try while you're under a doctor's care. let him note the progress and you can both be amazed if anything actually works, and you don't have to worry about side effects.

Bipolar disorder affects everyone differently. Two men with bipolar 1 disorder will react to it differently, and will react to the same medications/treatments/etc. differently. It's an unfair statement to say you won't ever have to worry about side effects with "simple, clean, natural methods," because not everyone will react to them the same way. For example, some people have a really good response to fish oil to calm their agitation. For others, fish oil doesn't do anything except make them sick. For some, "natural" methods don't work, but pharmaceuticals work fine. I know bipolars who can't take pills, but smoking marijuana--for them--does wonders. That's why I say it's amazing what works and what doesn't for various people.

I do agree that prayer is helpful, but it is also dangerous to not seek medical help, by which I mean medicinal treatment of some kind. A doctor would be remiss in not strongly suggesting some kind of treatment or medication, because trusting that God will help you just because you pray to Him is a foolish notion that can have lethal consequences.

don't change your way of thinking too fast, as in , yes, stay under a doctor's care until they say you don't have to,

but remember that what you seek for is what you will find. i think the number one cause of death, or close to number one, in america, is properly prescribed medicine, and i don't think that that is a very good track record.

side effects from natural foods, whole foods, clean foods, are so rare compared to the well published and numerous side effects of every drug (even tylenol or aspirin),
that i think a doctor is incompetent if he doesn't encourage non drug methods when it is possible.

also, likewise, no good doctor will tell you to stop taking medication when you have been taking it long enough to require it to avoid withdrawal or other troubles. (but a good doctor is usually able when requested to greatly reduce most people's need for or dose of prescription meds....... a patient has to request it themselves usually, unless they have a really good doctor who will be honest with them)

new phone bare with me, i am curious mr Dark how ptsd effects the bi polar. i delt with ptsd an it effects the depression. night frights suck. worse than night mares. how long does a phase of bi polar last when sleep is a issue?

new phone bare with me, i am curious mr Dark how ptsd effects the bi polar. i delt with ptsd an it effects the depression. night frights suck. worse than night mares. how long does a phase of bi polar last when sleep is a issue?

I am still figuring out exactly what my PTSD does to me, as I have only recently become aware of it. I do know it contributes to my nightmares, and many of my paranoid delusions and phobias stem from trauma that caused my PTSD. As far as how long my (hypo)manic phases last when sleep is an issue? The longest I've gone without sleep is a week. Usually four to seven days is the average, though if the mania is less severe, it can last as long as two weeks, if I'm getting a little sleep.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back