Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Blain's testimony of pain sorrow and anguish

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blain

My life is a tragic one. Its a story of how cruel and evil people can be and how sometimes life is just completely unfair, my story is a sad one and brutal but as you read it I want you to remember that even though I went through all this I dont regret it because I believe that the lord will use my life's story for the sake of others.

Where to begin, I was with my original parents I was a small child they were severely abusive and starved me severely too. I was a slave in that house they made me do chores like washing the carpet with nothing but water and a tooth brush. when I wasnt doing chores they would beat me and hurt me in strange ways. I remember how they would sit in a circle and I had to pull my pants down, I had to walk to each person and they would stab me in the bottom with a needle and slap me.

when i was washing the carpet with my tooth brush I was so thirsty but they wouldnt give me water, my uncle happened to be sick and throwing up and they said if I was thirsty I had to drink the throw up and so I was force to drink it. I remember how they also if i was hungry made me eat a cockroach or my baby sisters poop. They were always so angry and mean to me there was a time when my mom cut my bottom with a knife and said the blood was demons coming out and scared me, and there was never a time I wasnt hungry.

However sometimes my mom would make special pancakes, she would make a stack of them drenched in syrup and crushed up pills saying they were sprinkles. I knew but i didnt care it was worth it. I was taken away at age eight, i was so starved that I was the size of a four or five year old and even now my mom still wont tell me what I dont remember. she said they did stuff that no human shouldnt have to go through and she said they even sexually abused me but I dont remember that.

anyways I was put in a decent home the dad was sort of mean but I wasnt hurt or anything. I had four years of being a normal kid but because of what my original parents did I had brain damage and medical issues, then at 12 I got cancer a blood cancer called luekemia. it was no joy ride, there were times when I went through such severe pain and all I could do was lay in the hospital bed squirming from pain and basically had to just ride it out. I went through chemo theropy which was not fun at all, and then radiation which gave me even more brain damage and plus damaged my body.

several times I almost died but eventually the cancer went into a sleep state where basically i no longer have to deal with it but for the rest of my life it could come back at any time and the damage and toll it took on me affects my life severely. not just the brain damage and body damage but it gave me many more medical issues and my body has a very hard time growing. I am 23 and only recently this year or so started growing hair and I do not have sexual desires and I still look like a 13or 14 year old and my mindset is like one as well.

I have been saved for almost exactly two years and I am as you could say weak in almost every way of the world. I cannot drive and thus I cannot work and even if I could I sometimes have trouble following simple commands and I have issues remembering some simple things and my mind cannot process to much info or it basically shuts down. I only made it through highschool because I was in a special class for slower ppl and even then my work was so simple.

But as I have said since the beginning of my faith for every way of the world I am weak in God made me strong in his. in my short time of knowing him I have grown to deeply love him, I have fallen head over heels for him over and over each time the love growing richer deeper and more abundant. I begin to see out of his eyes and boy what wonders do I see! I see how he sees every single person, what beautiful rare treasures each individual is to him how deeply he cares and loves each person and how they shine and radiate. I see how far he is willing to go for the sake even one person saved or lost, i see how his children touch his heart deeply simply by saying how they love him. I see how every person no matter who or what they look like what they have done or what they will do is more precious and more important to him that even his own throne.

Because of what he has shown me slowly yet surely I begin to see this too and I begin to love them like that and I see how I myself am willing to go to great lengths for the sake of one person. Truly I am not like him as much as I want to be but I know that one day perhaps one day soon the love of God that far deeper and far richer than you can imagine will flow through my veins and his heart will replace mine his eyes will replace mine and if I am lucky I will take on his very spirit and divine nature.

I have seen how far he and I will be willing to go even so much to burn the fires of hell for the sake of one person out of such a deep and powerful love for both God and them.

A lot of Christians had a rough life pre-Christ. Repentance doesn't necessarily fix everything, but it often helps tremendously. I have brain damage, too. I popped too many pills (many of them prescribed by doctors) and was subjected to electroshock against my will on 2 occasions, at 20 and 23. At 23 I was subjected to an involuntary lobotomy (yes, they still do those...to poor people).

I admire your faith. Life itself is valuable and precious, no matter what you've been through, are going through, or may have to go through. No matter what the world may say about you, you're now a light unto the darkness, salt unto the earth, and the body of Christ needs you.

yes....I mean, not everybody had a rough ride pre-Christ, but it seems like a lot of us did. My cousin, for instance, was an uber-successful business man, corporate type. Now he's using all that $$$ for Kingdom work, and God's blessing him for it.

BUT, back to your Q...yeah, I think you have a point. He chooses the weak of the world to confound the strong and the foolish to confound the wise (paraphrase and probably not a good one, lol). Sometimes I want to believe in predestination just because of certain patterns I see in the lives of wretches turned sinners saved by Grace (me included, of course). I mean, I had a 95 IQ on a good day, plus ECT and a lobotomy, lol...and I'm just *1* wretch He chose to save and work with, in, and through for His own reasons.

Drug addicts...prostitutes....murderers....generally wretched people seem to have a special place in God's heart.

90727130472929716e0e6898dacd1e10.jpg

I dont question why i had to go through what I did, but as for if he was trying to get my attention or not im no sure. See I have always had this feeling that he and I knew each other before even the creation of the universe and that he and I were destined for each other from the start. This of course is contrary to what I believe because i dont believe in predestination because of the whole hell thing. A loving father would not take such great care in making his children just for them to be destined for hell.

But idk this feeling I have sticks

Blain , Thank you for sharing your story... no child, person , should have to suffer such torment.... So glad to read you have found the Lord or He reached out and got that 100th sheep... :) To read you love the Lord gives me goosebumps......... What a shining light you are to the world....

God deals with each of us differently. My friend, Verna, she's 70 something years old and lives in Southern Georgia, near the Florida line. Anyway, when she was born, people in that area were still using midwives. So, her mother went into labor and complications arose. No nearby hospital. The midwives gathered around and prayed and praised The Lord and Verna was born, healthy. She's been a solid, Bible believing, Born Again Pentecostal Christian since childhood, and she's won people to The Lord (or back to Him).

I don't know about predestination. I try not to think about it. I just think God deals with all us differently, because He is the one true judge.

I dont question why i had to go through what I did, but as for if he was trying to get my attention or not im no sure. See I have always had this feeling that he and I knew each other before even the creation of the universe and that he and I were destined for each other from the start. This of course is contrary to what I believe because i dont believe in predestination because of the whole hell thing. A loving father would not take such great care in making his children just for them to be destined for hell.

But idk this feeling I have sticks

some overcome that predestination belief by removing hell. No Hell, then there can be predestination. We don't believe things by that reasoning, but by what the Word says. My reasoning is far below the Word of God.

Why do we go through things at such a young age?

I answered this question for someone years ago, had to go to God for the answer. He wanted to know that despite him being continually molested by his step father, why did not God hear his prayers?

Now for the third time I am ready to come to [visit] you. And I will not burden you [financially], for it is not your [money] that I want but you; for children are not duty bound to lay up store for their parents, but parents for their children.
(2Co 12:14)

For the unbelieving husband is set apart (separated, withdrawn from heathen contamination, and affiliated with the Christian people) by union with his consecrated (set-apart) wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart and separated through union with her consecrated husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean (unblessed heathen, [1] outside the Christian covenant), but as it is they are [2] prepared for God [pure and clean].
(1Co 7:14)

Destruction has overtaken my people because they have no knowledge; because you have given up knowledge, I will give you up, so that you will be no priest to me, because you have not kept in mind the law of your God, I will not keep your children in my memory.
(Hos 4:6)

Bottom line, if Mom or Dad do not serve God, then the child has no protection. Even children of parents that believe in Jesus, but believe nothing else about God such as his will to heal and protect are just covered by the same belief the parents have.

God is not going to break his word for anyone, despite Him wanting to help out.

For a child to have that ability to pray and move situations out of the way before Satan, would also make the child responsible for what happens. No child should have that responsibility, nor bare the consequence of failure.

In my friends case, God prompted a grandmother to pray who had that authority. Once she started to pray, then it was not very long before the stepfather who was doing the molesting was killed. We have to keep in mind God's mercy for even the offending parties before Satan can come in and destroy everything.

Predestination is false doctrine. Not because we believe in hell, but by many examples God gave in his word concerning how he deals with man.

Keep going in the Lord.

Blessings.

Wow, Blain, that's some testimony you have there. I appreciate your candor.I give praise unto our Lord that He has taken you into His hands and is healing and teaching you. I believe that all we face in this life is training to ready us to appreciate the next life. All things happen for a reason and you are blessed brother. I admire your faith.
I've prayed for you brother and will some more too. May the blessings of the Lord overflow your cup.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back