Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blashphemeying the Holy Spirit? Will it be forgivin.....(Dont understand Verse)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

K stunna

I mean it clearly states "anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come and it does not say a BUT if u repent u'll be forgiving." If can you find a scripture to support that you can be forgiven after mocking the Holy Spirit. Please, show it to me sir. God Bless!

cause this is confusing me, it says you wont be forgivin or is that just if you dont repent? :study

In terms of that, I think people can bad mouth the concept of the holy spirit without knowing what it really is. From my understanding, the holy spirit is an intuitive feeling that you get consumed with that gives you knowledge or awareness of your connection to God. If you encounter that feeling of love from God and reject it, you probably are pretty much gone at that point. Its like if you offer love to anyone, and they reject it. You've done your part, but they're not doing their part. That's the way I look at it. As far as youtube Atheists blaspheming against the holy spirit intentionally for shock value, they don't know what they're doing. If they really did know what the holy spirit was from genuinely encountering it and denied it, they couldn't be forgiven though. That's my take.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Verily I say unto you, that all sins shall be forgiven to the sons of men, and all the injurious speeches with which they may speak injuriously; but whosoever shall speak injuriously against the Holy Spirit, to eternity has no forgiveness; but lies under the guilt of an everlasting sin; because they said, he has an unclean spirit." Mark 3 v 28-30 (J.N.D.)

That's the scripture we're discussing.

I think it's clear enough that there's no forgiveness for those who speak against the Holy Spirit. The problem is that how do we know that we haven't committed this unforgivable sin inadvertently? Well, I think the answer to that would be that we know our salvation is secure in Christ Jesus, and this knowledge is sure and everlasting.

I'm not entirely sure about this subject, if I'm honest. In one of the gatherings for mutual enquiry into the scripture which I attended last week, a remark was made that no believer would commit such a sin.

Perhaps this sin has been committed by those who are not predestinated, not elect, those who are certainly facing a lost eternity. We don't know who these people are, and it is not for us to know. Perhaps it's the same in the case of a sin against the Holy Spirit, only God knows who has committed it and these He will judge. I think it's safe to say that we, as believers, have not and will not commit the unforgivable.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

We know that even if we are a child of God we still live in a sin nature body until corruption puts on incorruption when Christ returns so we will sin at times and when we recognize we have sinned then God will forgive us through repentance.

Now, blaspheming against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven if we are truly denouncing Gods Spirit in our lives. Let's not confuse this with actually getting angry with God at times as some of us have, but are only allowing our anger to speak for us, which is only an emotion that is temporal. I really do not think those who really knows Gods Spirit would ever denounce him and if they do, to me, they never really had Gods Spirit dwelling in them nor trusting God in all his promises given to us through faith, but were only going through the physical and not the Spiritual emotions of being a child of God who has answered His call to true salvation.

Hi, notice the many yrs. of the striving of the Holy Spirit below before He was [[totally grieved away]].

Gen.6

[1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
[2] That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
[3] And the LORD said, [My spirit shall not always strive with man], for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

And note David telling us of the Lord's PERFECT LAW +! And verse 13 he uses the Word [ALSO], take note of that verse. And 'i' will add a comment after it is read,

Psalms 19
[7] The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

[8] The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

[9] The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
[10] More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
[11] Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
[12] Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

[13] [[Keep back thy servant [[also]] from presumptuous sins;]] let them not have dominion over me: [[[then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.]]]

OK: An one time sin, or many more is not the great transgression. Yet, each time any person knows that the thing is sin, it is then [presumption] from there on if continued. And as one continues on doing the same sin over & over again it LEADS to the Great Transgression. Sin needs to be repented of and put away or it gets easy to do as time goes by. (any sin) And yes, some need to really be worked on! Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9 is the FREE power supplied to overcome!

Ask yourself how the Rev. 17:1-5 ones became THE ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH, accept in teaching false doctrines that were known to be false. That is why we see an Rev. 18:4 verse.

Just stop & think of a LOVING GOD having all the lost suffer in an hell that never goes out! And regardless of if one just barely were lost, they still suffer right along beside the most guilty (satan) for ETERNITY! (that truely is FALSE DOCTRINE!) See Luke 12:47-48 & Obad. 1:16 for Inspiration.

--Elijah

Mark 3:30 clearly tells what the blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is. Read it and you can know.
1 John 5 makes it even clearer:

"Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son." (1 John 5:10 NIV1984)

To hear the voice of God and know that what you hear is truth, and to then call it anything other than the truth, that is what it means to blaspheme the voice, the Holy Spirit, of God. There is no remedy for such a sin. How can you be forgiven for not accepting the forgiveness of God in Christ? It is unforgivable. No provision for forgiveness exists outside of Jesus Christ.

1 John 5 makes it even clearer:

"Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son." (1 John 5:10 NIV1984)

To hear the voice of God and know that what you hear is truth, and to then call it anything other than the truth, that is what it means to blaspheme the voice, the Holy Spirit, of God. There is no remedy for such a sin. How can you be forgiven for not accepting the forgiveness of God in Christ? It is unforgivable. No provision for forgiveness exists outside of Jesus Christ.

So, would it be right to say that hearing and permanently rejecting the gospel would be the sin against the Holy Spirit? Because that would make sense, that does mean that you would remain unforgiven.

That's a beautiful touch, what you say about no provision for forgiveness existing outside of Christ, it's so true. "... neither is there another name under heaven..." &c, Acts 4 v 12.

So, would it be right to say that hearing and permanently rejecting the gospel would be the sin against the Holy Spirit? Because that would make sense, that does mean that you would remain unforgiven.
The truly scary part is God is the one who eventually adds the permanence and turns the one who resists the testimony of the Holy Spirit over to the lie, making it impossible for them to come to the only way a person can be forgiven.

That's a beautiful touch, what you say about no provision for forgiveness existing outside of Christ, it's so true. "... neither is there another name under heaven..." &c, Acts 4 v 12.
Good scriptural reference.

this kind of blaspheming can't be done anymore because of what the pharisess were doing was comparing Gods spirit which was in Jesus to the holy spirit, that is what blaspheming the holy spirit is, it isn't cuss or curse words, it's doing something out of hatred and jealousy and in spite of trying to get people to not follow Jesus and follow you after you have just seen Jesus and his works, so it can't be done anymore because Jesus is not on the earth, and you can't see his works and attribute his works to that of satan, so no it can't be done anymore

this kind of blaspheming can't be done anymore because of what the pharisess were doing was comparing Gods spirit which was in Jesus to the holy spirit, that is what blaspheming the holy spirit is, it isn't cuss or curse words, it's doing something out of hatred and jealousy and in spite of trying to get people to not follow Jesus and follow you after you have just seen Jesus and his works, so it can't be done anymore because Jesus is not on the earth, and you can't see his works and attribute his works to that of satan, so no it can't be done anymore
I can appreciate what you're saying, but it doesn't explain it fully.

The Pharisees could see with their own eyes that Jesus was the Christ without any doubt possible by the things he said and by evidence of the miracles he performed, yet they still resisted what they knew in their hearts was the truth about Jesus, and said he was not from God but from the devil. That rejection of what one knows in his heart to be fact, in whatever form that rejection takes (saying he was of the devil, for example), is the sin against the testimony God has given by the Holy Spirit that God will not, and can not forgive. You can be wrong about a lot of things we debate in the church and still be forgiven, but you can't be wrong about that and expect to somehow be covered by God's mercy.

I can appreciate what you're saying, but it doesn't explain it fully.

The Pharisees could see with their own eyes that Jesus was the Christ without any doubt possible by the things he said and by evidence of the miracles he performed, yet they still resisted what they knew in their hearts was the truth about Jesus, and said he was not from God but from the devil. That rejection of what one knows in his heart to be fact, in whatever form that rejection takes (saying he was of the devil, for example), is the sin against the testimony God has given by the Holy Spirit that God will not, and can not forgive. You can be wrong about a lot of things we debate in the church and still be forgiven, but you can't be wrong about that and expect to somehow be covered by God's mercy.
I'm sorry they were comparing the holy spirit to the spirit of satan that's what the sin against the holy spirit was so sorry messed up

I mean it clearly states "anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come and it does not say a BUT if u repent u'll be forgiving." If can you find a scripture to support that you can be forgiven after mocking the Holy Spirit. Please, show it to me sir. God Bless!

cause this is confusing me, it says you wont be forgivin or is that just if you dont repent? :study

I am not sure of the answer to this question, but one possible answer might be that when you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, an apology is required.

Here is something that might help:

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 RSV

Anyway, it is important not to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Don't fear this verse. Too many Christians live in fear of committing this verse.

The religious leaders in Jesus' time did not see that He was The one sent to atone for their sins, once and for all. They witnessed His miracles first hand and yet attributed His work as nothing more than the work of the devil. That was blasphemy and was unforgivable because Jesus had not died for their sins yet.

Jesus knew they would not repent, therefore would not forgive them of this most serious sin. They were sealing their own fate.

Once Jesus was crucified, the provision to atone for all sin was complete. God provided man with a new and better covenant and does not break promises. On this side of the Cross, those who may have committed this blasphemy can indeed repent and be forgiven.

Those already in Christ are already His and are incapable of committing this sin.

But you need to come to your own understanding and conclusions. I suggest you read through this topic:

http://www.christianforums.net/f17/what-blasphemy-holy-spirit-18792/

and pray... and come to your own conclusions once you seek the wisdom of God.

There isn't one single verse that will directly support this. Only the whole council of the Word and a real understanding of the New Covenant and proper context will clear up this fear.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back