Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blood moons and 8 super-signs in the heavens

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
RankDeath toll (estimate around)EventLocationDate
1556 Shaanxi earthquakeChinaJanuary 23, 1556
2.650,000–779,000[14][15][16]
1976 Tangshan earthquakeChinaJuly 28, 1976
2004 Indian Ocean earthquakeIndonesiaDecember 26, 2004
4.273,400[6]
1920 Haiyuan earthquakeChinaDecember 16, 1920
5.250,000–300,000[7]
526 Antioch earthquakeByzantine Empire (now Turkey)May 526
6.260,000[17]
115 Antioch earthquakeRoman Empire (now Turkey)December 13, 115
1138 Aleppo earthquakeZengid dynasty (now Syria)October 11, 1138
8.200,000[18]1303 Hongdong earthquakeMongol Empire (now China)September 17, 1303
856 Damghan earthquakeAbbasid Caliphate (now Iran)December 22, 856
10.200,000[19]1780 Tabriz earthquake
IranJanuary 8, 1780
11.170,000[20]896 Udaipur earthquake
India896
12.160,000[21][22]
2010 Haiti earthquakeHaitiJanuary 12, 2010
893 Ardabil earthquakeAbbasid Caliphate (now Iran)March 23, 893
14.142,807[23][24]
1923 Great Kanto earthquakeJapanSeptember 1, 1923
15.130,000[25]533 Aleppo earthquakeByzantine Empire (now Syria)November 29, 533
16.123,000[1]
1908 Messina earthquakeItalyDecember 28, 1908
1948 Ashgabat earthquakeTurkmen SSR, Soviet Union (now Turkmenistan)October 5, 1948

Haiti earthquake death toll exaggerated, US report finds
A US government report into the Haiti earthquake has concluded that the death toll was between 46,000 and 85,000, far below the official figure of 316,000.

Not all reports agree ... some say more but none come close to the
looking at these reports this guy i off from 2 minutes into the video ...

As a moderator of this forum i will be listing to the whole and deciding if it stays .. it was deleted (or one from the same guy ) in another thread for being off topic...

That is interesting I did not know that. But still, I don't too much trust ANY reports on events like that. A business has been made out of providing relief which gives an incentive to skew numbers. I would say all reports are going to be off. But it is true that the magnitude of the Earthquakes has been increasing (from what I have read anyways, which could be wrong), and I don't know if this is correct I pulled it off Answers.com

"The Haiti Earthquake was large, but not as large as the Earthquake in Chile in 1960, which measured 9.5 on the Richter scale."

comet Ison
SAN FRANCISCO — It's time to accept reality: Comet ISON is dead.

Comet ISON broke apart during its highly anticipated solar flyby on Nov. 28, emerging from behind the sun as a diffuse cloud of dust that has since all but dissipated in the darkness of deep space, scientists say.

"At this point, it seems like there's nothing left," comet expert Karl Battams, of the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, D.C., said here today at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union. "Comet ISON is dead; its memory will live on." [See the latest photos of Comet ISON]

Oh and sorry about the off topic conversation I had with our brother in Christ last night. It was a product of another off topic conversation in the thread and we should have had it in private, but I did want you to see that about Johnny (even though I knew you were going to delete it when you saw it).

comet Ison
SAN FRANCISCO — It's time to accept reality: Comet ISON is dead.

Comet ISON broke apart during its highly anticipated solar flyby on Nov. 28, emerging from behind the sun as a diffuse cloud of dust that has since all but dissipated in the darkness of deep space, scientists say.

"At this point, it seems like there's nothing left," comet expert Karl Battams, of the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, D.C., said here today at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union. "Comet ISON is dead; its memory will live on." [See the latest photos of Comet ISON]

He addressed that "A few commented ISON has "fizzled away" or has come and "no rapture" or "nothing has happened." Hang on. Did u watch my video? 1) ISON is NOT linked to the Rapture 2) Earth will not enter ISON's debris field till January 2014 and meteors ARE on uptick, expect more soon 3) Noah saw a comet years before the Flood, Josephus reported a comet over Jerusalem skies in 66AD, about 3 ½ years before Temple Destruction in 70AD. Comets on God's Feasts (such as Hanukkah) are announcers, usually 3 ½ yrs in advance of disaster. That points to major warning in 2017 4) "Same as it ever was" is the cry of mockers in last days - Read 2 Peter 3:4 "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." God foretold even the mockers! So logical to trust the Bible. Jesus is coming!"

IF you mean the video up there i am watching /listing... it sorta comes with this job...
At my age i remember the church being in an uproar over Israel becoming a state ... a state over night that took over 60 years ... and is not the Land of Promise anyway...

Something I have noticed, though, is that he made the same mistake I have seen a lot of people make and seems to think the prophecies about the end times in the OT are only about the Jews and not the entire Church. I do believe that is a mistake. But it seems everyone agrees on that for some reason. Daniel 12:1 especially is what makes me think they are wrong.

Oh and sorry about the off topic conversation I had with our brother in Christ last night. It was a product of another off topic conversation in the thread and we should have had it in private, but I did want you to see that about Johnny (even though I knew you were going to delete it when you saw it).

Thank you ... to get along in this site dont do that stuff ... As for Johnny his sins are no more sinful then yours or mine...

IF you mean the video up there i am watching /listing... it sorta comes with this job...
At my age i remember the church being in an uproar over Israel becoming a state ... a state over night that took over 60 years ... and is not the Land of Promise anyway...

Nah I was talking about Johnny Cash's song 13. It was our brother who posted the one you are watching now. Johnny Cash's song 13 was written by an occultist, along with his unchained album's song "unchanged." Anyways, I don't wanna get off topic (AGAIN).

IMO the olivet discourse was about the destruction of Jerusalem . and not just the city.. but the whole way of Jewish life..

Nah I was talking about Johnny Cash's song 13. It was our brother who posted the one you are watching now. Johnny Cash's song 13 was written by an occultist, along with his unchained album's song "unchanged." Anyways, I don't wanna get off topic (AGAIN).
you are one post behind :)

Hopefully as a help to your understanding ... the way you phrase stuff comes across as damnation.. ... readers of posts do not see our eyes nor do they see the writers heart... it takes some time to learn the heart ( as best humans can) and more time with only written words...

Hopefully as a help to your understanding ... the way you phrase stuff comes across as damnation.. ... readers of posts do not see our eyes nor do they see the writers heart... it takes some time to learn the heart ( as best humans can) and more time with only written words...

You are TOO right about that. I am bad about that. I always write in a way that assumes the perspective of the reader is the same as mine, AND also assume the reader knows that, because I know we have the same Teacher. That often leads to them misreading what I say and thinking I am in error when I am not (when if they had read it from their own perspective, which is the same as mine - OURS, they would have seen I wasn't). I should be more careful to be clear. Good advice, Reba. That is an error I fall into quite often.

We all have the same teacher is correct... look how different the Gospels are ...

I always write in a way that assumes the perspective of the reader is the same as mine
we are all guilty for sure

We all have the same teacher is correct... look how different the Gospels are ...

The entire Word is designed, as a whole, to get us to see things how God sees them. He wants us to learn to think like Him. The different "perspectives" in the Gospel combine into one perspective. Also, I think a lot of things get attributed to the Gospels being written from different "perspectives" are actually attributed to God manipulating the perceived reality of the viewers. I believe the beggar was encountered on the way in to town AND on the way out of town, and the people with Jesus saw the encounter at completely separate times.

Back