Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Body wash vs. Bar soap --- which do you prefer and why?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Riven

So, my whole life I've used bar soap and only recently started using body wash. I've noticed after using the Men's Dove body wash my skin is notably softer and less dry than when using the Dove bar soap equivalent. They also tend to last longer and lather a bit better.

The natural ocean water is a good enough wash for me, otherwise its just water and a bit of bar soap.

I have no idea what all the chemicals are or mean that are written on the ingrediants in shampoos and body washes and all the other other chemicals in man made cleaning products so i dont use them.

Last edited:
Bar soap. Maybe I just don't know how to use it but when I use body wash half of it ends up on the floor and then the floor gets dangerously slippery. I can control a bar of soap much easier.

HI Riven

I'm a bar soap kind of guy. I remember my family being raised on Sweetheart bar soap. That's what was always in the bathrooms at my home as a child. Today, I'm not particularly fond of any particular brand bar soap, although I do tend to go with those that seem more strongly scented like Irish Spring or Zest. However, one issue with current bar soaps is that they are now about 3/4 size compared to 30 years ago.

I just find it easier to soap up a wash rag with a soap bar than with any liquid soap. I pretty much use bar soap for my entire bath. From hair to feet. I just rub the bar on my head and voile I have a full head of suds.

God bless,
Ted

I prefer soap bars but I am willing to give up the bars for bottles of liquid body wash because my two older boys now shower and it appears cleaner in our shower with those bottles than it does with bars of soap that have hair all over them. lol

Back