Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Book Recommendations

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blake

Hey guys! I'm resolving to read at least ten books this coming year, because I didn't read a single book this year and that seems wrong to me somehow. Here's an idea of some things I'd like to read:

1) Old school, theology rich books on our faith -- gritty and deep.

2) Books on cultivating a deeper life of Christian virtue, such as: how and why to fast, how and why to pray. Anything to prime and encourage these things.

3) Apologetics books, and good reading on how to defend your faith. I hear CS Lewis does a good job on this, but I've not picked up any of his books.

4) I want to know what some of your favorite faith-oriented books are!

Okay, C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, his greatest classic, I keep rereading it, never stop learning from it.
Frances Schaeffer, The Mark of a Christian, and Escape from Reason, both very heavy from a man considered one of the great 20th century Christian thinkers.
And "How to live like a king's kid" by Harold Hill.
You won't forget it nor stop talking about it.

I'll second Mere Christianity, and mention The Screwtape Letters, also. By the same author.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back