Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Boy who claimed he went to heaven recants

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Okay, I just ran a search, and read of your vision in the other thread. I remember an assistant pastor at a local church who had a similar vision. He said it scared him into being an evangelist. He was now more afraid of God than he was of man's opinions, so he ignored what men thought of him, and obeyed God instead.

So now that is 2 people who have told me that they had such a vision.
It changed the entire direction of my life. I eventually realized only Jesus Christ can save a human being.

I'm pretty fearless about talking about my spirituality. It makes some people very uncomfortable (not here, other places). After what I saw, I couldn't care less.

Actually 3. Before he was saved, another local pastor had a plan to wait until he was really old, and then accept Jesus at that time. He had a vision of God dropping him into the bad place right then, if he didn't repent now. He heeded the altar call soon after, and has been preaching for decades now. He never regretted coming to the Lord, since he is much happier now. He was formerly being tricked into falsely thinking that the world's ways were better, and now realizes that the Lord's way is much better.

It changed the entire direction of my life. I eventually realized only Jesus Christ can save a human being.

I'm pretty fearless about talking about my spirituality. It makes some people very uncomfortable (not here, other places). After what I saw, I couldn't care less.

Okay, that seems to be a consistent theme among those who have had this particular vision. Through it, you learned to fear God, not men.

OK sorry, I am saying NOW .I have guilt about lotsa stuff.Those that don't are called sociopaths. ill admit im ignorant to the subject but it was posted this book was in circulation for years.So maybe he's feeling guilt at his age because that is the age where morality comes to fruition? I fully agree. May this be a testimant to how human morals do not come to fruition until a point in life where hormones have matured to a level where they will allow for decisions like this.I've said and been literally run out of town for saying this.So at 17 he's feeling guilt? Its my belief that those that CANNOT resist temptation cannot do that because of something that (like sexual experience) inhibits moral development. Somebody that is knowledgeable about this subject email that guy and ask him about his life pertaining to morals. Thanks Kathi God Bless you

This Scripture came to mind.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28 KJV

I didn't die but I went to sleep one night and was transported to another place where humans were being subjected to some kind of labor and when I showed up there it was like ZAP! out of nowhere I materialized. I didnt interact with them because I was shocked and believing it was just a dream but they were aware of me.my perception is alot like the depiction of purgatory.A red barren atmosphere with the keepers not human.

Hi Kathi,

Set aside the motivations for writing the book, I think this example highlights how many people are curious about religion or faith. It's an important example of the flaws of man thinking they are going to find any reliable information about God, Heaven outside of the Bible. Also, the dependency on personal experiences can be deceiving, because I think God reveals Himself overtime, or another way put, our faith doesn't appear overnight, at least not in a mature sense.

- Davies

I had visions of hell during a severe psychotic break, following a head injury. It was crazy...I thought...the devil had tricked me my whole life, and now my life was worse than wasted, which in a sense was true. Weird, huh? I don't remember a whole lot about it (electroshock will do that to you), but...

...that incident didn't bring me all that much closer to God. I mean, it got me to reading the purpose driven life and stuff, but it was't until people at Teen Challenge showed me what a Christian life looks like that I started the process of drawing nigh unto Him as best I could, given the circumstances.

As for this kid/dude/young man...wow. That's intense. I'm glad he recanted and I hope he can put it all behind him. Maybe all of us (not just here, but Christians and seekers in general) can learn a valuable lesson here?

I had visions of hell during a severe psychotic break, following a head injury. It was crazy...I thought...the devil had tricked me my whole life, and now my life was worse than wasted, which in a sense was true. Weird, huh? I don't remember a whole lot about it (electroshock will do that to you), but...

...that incident didn't bring me all that much closer to God. I mean, it got me to reading the purpose driven life and stuff, but it was't until people at Teen Challenge showed me what a Christian life looks like that I started the process of drawing nigh unto Him as best I could, given the circumstances.

As for this kid/dude/young man...wow. That's intense. I'm glad he recanted and I hope he can put it all behind him. Maybe all of us (not just here, but Christians and seekers in general) can learn a valuable lesson here?
Yes,I have known people to visualize heaven or hell during a psychotic episode or reacting to a particular drug they were put on.

And what did they say?
It wasn't "talking" in the sense we talk. More telepathic. You think and feel as they do. The souls I met there all had addictions of some kind when they were on earth. They had leaned on something that wasn't God, and now must exist with eternal separation from Him. The worst feeling of sheer emptiness I have ever experienced.

Actually 3. Before he was saved, another local pastor had a plan to wait until he was really old, and then accept Jesus at that time. He had a vision of God dropping him into the bad place right then, if he didn't repent now. He heeded the altar call soon after, and has been preaching for decades now. He never regretted coming to the Lord, since he is much happier now. He was formerly being tricked into falsely thinking that the world's ways were better, and now realizes that the Lord's way is much better.
You might decide to add a 4th.
My grandson had been raised hearing about Jesus but he had never been told about a place called hell/Hades or a place where people who did not love God went. He was barely 5 yrs. old when this happened.
He got up one morning and said to me that God had shown him the good heaven but then He showed him the bad heaven. He didn't know what else to call it. He told me that it was really scary there and that there were dragons there. Then he got tears in his eyes and said everyone needs to know Jesus. I don't want anyone to have to go there.
I figured God decided it was time for him to know.

Then he got tears in his eyes and said everyone needs to know Jesus. I don't want anyone to have to go there.

The Lord knows what He is doing. Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. He will always do what is best for us.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith..." Hebrews 12:2A KJV

I remember a Christian who's daughter did not believe in God because she could not see Him. One day her daughter heard a voice talking to her. When she asked who He was, He said I Am. After that she believed, because she could hear Him.

To God be all the glory.

I was raised in a cult that didn't believe in Hell, on Dec 31, 1968 I was overdosed on LSD and was dying, as my body was shutting down, starting in my feet and traveling up my legs I was leaning over a table holding myself up with my arms, behind me was a gray hole the went to Hell, I knew that if I fell into that hole I would be in Hell with no chance of ever leaving, I was terrified and too afraid to turn around and look to see if it was real or a hallucination, but what was/is real even to this day is I don't have any words in my vocabulary that would even come close to correctly describing the terror, horror and perpetuity of what I was experiencing, ...it is beyond description.

This modern idea that Hell doesn't exist really makes me uncomfortable. Is it a New Age invention? Even a major church (one with a pope) came out and said that Hell is only a state of the soul in separation from God. I personally know that Hell exists as a physical place, though I can't prove it to anyone else. It's both a state and a place.

Maybe there is continuous soul progression. Maybe there is karma that balances out a person's bad actions. But there is also Hell. There just is; I've seen it. There are lost souls; I've seen them, too. I wasn't lucky enough to meet Jesus or see Heaven, though I resolutely believe in both. Hell I don't have to believe in; I know it exists.

This modern idea that Hell doesn't exist really makes me uncomfortable. Is it a New Age invention? Even a major church (one with a pope) came out and said that Hell is only a state of the soul in separation from God. I personally know that Hell exists as a physical place, though I can't prove it to anyone else. It's both a state and a place.

Maybe there is continuous soul progression. Maybe there is karma that balances out a person's bad actions. But there is also Hell. There just is; I've seen it. There are lost souls; I've seen them, too. I wasn't lucky enough to meet Jesus or see Heaven, though I resolutely believe in both. Hell I don't have to believe in; I know it exists.
martin luther, and Tyndale didn't believe in hell either

Back