Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Broadway Shows

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

To start out, I'm a football guy; season tickets to the D Lions. :shame

That said, I love some of these shows!

• Jersey Boys
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Les Miserables
  • Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
  • The Lion King
Laugh if you want, but these are great shows! :thumbsup

Like or don't like?

'Les Miserables' and 'Joseph...' are my two favorites.

I really get tired of all the new crap being produced, based on tv shows and Disney movies and whatnot. And stuff like 'American Idiot'...really? I guess I'm a purist, a theater snob. Give me Steven Schwartz or Stephen Sondheim over all this new drivel.

But 'Les Mis'...o my jeepers, what a show!

(And, while I'm not a football player, I'm definitely straight!)

MIKE!!!

Mike, Mike, Mike :shame Aren't Broadway Shows right up there with flicks like Sound of Music as being hopelessly.....CHICK!!!! I mean come on...what's truly worse, children prancing about in lederhosen or a grown man swishing about in a rainbow colored jacket!

:toofunny (We'll have to explain this to Jack someday!)

That said, (and it truly needed to be! :lol) I'll always, always, kick me own heine for not putting out the $180.00 back in 1988-89 thereabouts to see Michael Crawford perform in the Phantom of the Opera in San Francisco. No, I didn't have the money and yes, I would have had to put it on plastic...but now I realize that it would have been so, so, so worth it!

MIKE!!!

Mike, Mike, Mike :shame Aren't Broadway Shows right up there with flicks like Sound of Music as being hopelessly.....CHICK!!!! I mean come on...what's truly worse, children prancing about in lederhosen or a grown man swishing about in a rainbow colored jacket!

Not the same! NOT the same! To be honest, I've always had to be dragged to these shows (and still do), but many times, I turned out to have a great time. Some shows were brutal. This has nothing to do with my disdain for cats, but "Cats" was horrible, IMO. Bad music; no story line.

The Lions should have kept Joey Harrington!!!:):):)

:chair

Glad to be rid of the "The Piano Man"! IF, IF there is football this year, the league will have to deal with an emerging powerhouse. These are not your dad's Lions.

:topictotopic

I got 2 big favorites. Seussical (I know it's no longer on Broadway but the show is fantastic) and Wicked. Wicked is simply the best show I've ever been to. It's still on Broadway and if you're planning a NYC trip, don't leave without seeing it!! It's so worth it!!

This has nothing to do with my disdain for cats, but "Cats" was horrible, IMO. Bad music; no story line.
What?! No story line? Why for almost two decades everyone was on the edge of their seat just to find out which cat would be reborn! And wow, it turned out being the shabby beat up one with the one with the only comprehensible song in the show, now who could have seen that coming?

:lol

Hey, you know me, crazy cat lady of Idaho, but even I couldn't stomach Cats. Naturally I wouldn't have tried to watch the show live, but my mother-in-law did turn on a TV production of it once. I watched, maybe 20 minutes, said, "It's going to be the one that sings "Memories" right? She said yes and so I bailed.

I've heard that Wicked is very good. If it comes to Idaho at a time when we have some extra spending money, perhaps I'll drag my hubby to see it.

I was actually able to see Joseph and the Amazing... on Broadway starring none other than Andy Gibb. This was, of course, before he died. :yes

I also got to see Mandy Patinkin in Evita and True West with both Gary Sinise and John Malkovich, before either of them made a movie.

And I say all this to remind myself and the world that DANG I'm old!!!

I was actually able to see Joseph and the Amazing... on Broadway starring none other than Andy Gibb. This was, of course, before he died. :yes

I also got to see Mandy Patinkin in Evita and True West with both Gary Sinise and John Malkovich, before either of them made a movie.

And I say all this to remind myself and the world that DANG I'm old!!!

It's hard to imagine anyone NOT liking Joseph. It has great music, and very funny at times. I saw it with Donny Osmond and Sam Harris.

Dora, I don't think any of these shows transfer to TV well. Maybe if they just filmed a live performance, but when they film it in studio, they just can't pull it off.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back