Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Browns backers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Scouting Report: Shawn Andrews
By TFY Draft Preview
Date: Oct 19, 2003

Dominant strong-side blocker and a powerful tackle that destroys opponents at the point of attack.

Mel Kiper has him as the 17th best player in the draft.
============

Casey Andrews OT (Shawns brother)

Redshirted in 2002, Played 5 games in 2003 (started none).

6'6" 342lbs, 5.0 -40, 30.5" vert. jump, Could go in the 5th or 6th round.

Couch and Northcutt (rumor)

Hot off the press..

Date: 3/16/2004 9:56:56 AM
Written By: Wil Lester
It has been reported by local radio in Lexington that Couch, Northcutt, and 7th pick overall for Arizona's pick and maybe a late rounder.

The Tipline from Bernies Insiders

Yeah I use Bernie's Insiders as my homepage. I like it because it gives all the extra links to Browns stories on other websites. It does make me laugh sometimes because they make up some wild stories for example the Browns possibly trying to trade for Aaron Brooks early on in free agency. While getting the most news it also does its best to entertain, I love it.

Sounds like they plan on drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4rth unless some bargin comes up beforehand.

I think that would be a great fit for Couch. A fresh start and who better to learn a few things from than Brett. I think Couch must know by now that his contract is holding everyone back from getting him. When he reworks his contract he may very well be on his way to Lambeau.

I was glad to see Kelvin Garmon added to the line. They say he'll play on the left or right side at Guard.

Well I think last weekends draft was probably the best I've ever seen. Despite not doing much in the way of the O-line, I thought would had a very good draft, despite the bad grades we recieved by the "so called experts". I think the bad grade is based soley on giving up our second rounder. But the experts fail to acknowledge we drafted the guy we wanted all along (Jones...thank you Indy) and our 4rth round choice McCown was actually projected as a 3rd rounder and it dissappointed many teams that we got him (hence the long pause till the next QB was taken). So basically our loss was a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder (which we had an extra from our TE trade last year with Buffalo).

We still may work out a deal to get Larry Allen from Dallas for a 3rd rounder. Parcells is willing I think, but Jones doesn't want Allen going anywhere.
The best news I heard was that we may have a shot at getting CB Mike McKenzie from the Pack if we send Couch and Northcutt and they give us a pick next year. It would be nice to have a shutdown corner. We'll see I guess.

I think the Giants passed on a great opportunity to get the 2nd rounder from us and take Rivers at #7 then make the trade with San Diego.

Oh well, Saturday's first round reminded me of a lot of our games the past 2 seasons coming down to the end in a nail-biter. As soon as I seen the Lions icon change to Browns icon for the 6th pick (before the actual announcment of a trade) in the lower corner of ESPN's coverage, I knew we had him (Winslow).

Well well! You find fellow Browns fans everywhere!

I am a life-long Browns fan (perhaps that explains my skepticism you all see from me on this site......haha). Anyway...it's always great to find fellow Dawgs. I live in CA, but fly out every year for a game or two.

My prediction for the season.....8-8. Now with Ricky gone in the AFC East, that may get us a wild-card.

Suggs and Greene should be able to move the ball, and Winslow should be able to open up the field enough for Northcutt and Stonehands(Morgan) to get some big plays.

Healthy O-line=Playoffs. That's the long and the short of it.

:lol: ....
Well well! You find fellow Browns fans everywhere!

I agree!!

Yeah, I'd consider an 8-8 year a good one. Who knows, in our division that may even win the division.

My main concerns are the offensive line and the defense vs the run. Hopefully Garcia doesn't take a beating behind the line, with his mobility and a hopefully maturing line he'll be ok. The D needs to stop the run better. We face a lot of good Rb's this season (which actually decreased by one with Ricky gone).

We'll face Jamal Lewis (legal situation?) twice, Clinton Portis, L.T., Travis Henry, Tiki Barber, Corey Dillion, Rudy Johnson, Curtis Martin and Dominick Davis.

Did you see they are going to broadcast the Browns-Lions preseason game live on the NFL Network!?
http://browns.theinsiders.com/2/276679.html

The other games will be aired in the following days after they have been played according to the schedule.

Yeah, on D it is definately against the run.

I really think we are underrated on D, particularly if you take Lewis out of the stats (horrible games, those two).

I think our linebackers will do real well in their second year, and our line can't afford to underperform much longer. Either Warren or Brown will have a breakout year....we need them to.

Anyway, only a few short days til training camp and a few weeks til the season. Best time 'o the year!

I just wanted to pipe in that I'm an avid Browns anti-fan. I grew up near Pittsburgh, which is where my main loyalty lies. I've lived in Maryland for a couple years now, and have started to enjoy the Ravens. It's hard enough to root for both those division rivals, and there's certainly no love left for the other teams in the division. :)

Unlike most Browns fans, I actually don't mind the Ravens (I almost consider them like an older brother). I continued to root for them when they moved to Baltimore until the NFL put a franchise team back in Cleveland.

I consider the Steelers to be our archrival.

Anyway, only a few short days til training camp and a few weeks til the season. Best time 'o the year!

I'm going to watch the Browns-Bills scrimmage in 2 weeks. They alternate every year and since the Bills have it this year I'll see it here in NY. The Bills practice at St. John Fisher College in Rochester (45 minutes from me). Hopefully KW2 will be signed by then and I can get a little glimpse of what he can do for us. I was estatic when we drafted him, as I'm a huge Hurricanes fan.

I also love the rivalry with the Steelers, but have to admit I hate the Ravens....just tough to get over the Modell thing.

I'd appreciate a report after the scrimmage, the best thing about being a Browns fan is the preseason....after that it becomes increasingly difficult each and every week.

At least maybe we can shine on our primetime game this year, since it is against Miami.

....just tough to get over the Modell thing.

I understand that, I've never been a big fan of him even while they were still in Cleveland.

I'd appreciate a report after the scrimmage

You betcha... I've been waiting for tickets to go on sale and I found out a couple hours ago they went on sale today, so I went out to Tops (grocery store chain licensed also to sell Bills tickets) and got a few. I'm psyched!!

I think we play another Sunday night game at Baltimore in week 9.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back