Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bruce Lee Fist of Fury

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not to toot my own horn but I probably have more ground experience than those I spar as I use to practice with my HS wrestling team, and did that for four years. Plus I have been in Kenpo since I was 7, so that's 12 years. We did plenty of ground in those 12 years. I imagine my technique will begin to change now that I am dropping weight so quickly. When you don't have a good 50+ pounds on a guy it's a bit harder to ensure victory on the ground.

For the purpose of a lot of our quick sparring in-house taking them to the ground is an auto point, so that's what I was referring to when I say people stay away.

So on Tuesday this guy, short and well built and loves to kick, came spinning at me readying up a spinning reverse kick. He ended up jumping the gap and going for me. I honestly don't know how I managed to dodge it but I ended up doing it. So as he goes sailing by I grab his foot (the one kicking) and just hold on (I have no clue what will happen, I just figure it'll be worse for him than me :biggrin ). Turns out he is short enough that I was holding him upside down by one foot. Couldn't last very long, because he isn't a lightweight and I'm holding him stiff-armed, so as we begin to fall I give him a quick kick to the back in order to side him sideways and to prevent him from breaking a disk.

Not to toot my own horn but I probably have more ground experience than those I spar as I use to practice with my HS wrestling team, and did that for four years. Plus I have been in Kenpo since I was 7, so that's 12 years. We did plenty of ground in those 12 years. I imagine my technique will begin to change now that I am dropping weight so quickly. When you don't have a good 50+ pounds on a guy it's a bit harder to ensure victory on the ground.

For the purpose of a lot of our quick sparring in-house taking them to the ground is an auto point, so that's what I was referring to when I say people stay away.

So on Tuesday this guy, short and well built and loves to kick, came spinning at me readying up a spinning reverse kick. He ended up jumping the gap and going for me. I honestly don't know how I managed to dodge it but I ended up doing it. So as he goes sailing by I grab his foot (the one kicking) and just hold on (I have no clue what will happen, I just figure it'll be worse for him than me :biggrin ). Turns out he is short enough that I was holding him upside down by one foot. Couldn't last very long, because he isn't a lightweight and I'm holding him stiff-armed, so as we begin to fall I give him a quick kick to the back in order to side him sideways and to prevent him from breaking a disk.
lol. reaping and et all is taught in mma. the mma pro and amauteurs do that in the ring. i would say half of my gym are greco roman wrestlers. its taught in the bjj class. the coach started in wrestling and went to mma later.

surely those single leg takedowns will work on a kicker that you know. if done real carefully.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back