Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Buddhism / Christianity ; are they compatible ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You have to invest time and money in order to properly study the religion ... Buddhism and Christianity are somewhat congruent - but not identical.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name (than Jesus) under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Does Buddhism teach anything like that? Is there then anything compatible about them? No!

Now religion seems to be the panacea among mankind, and good works appears to be its answer to pleasing God. We read in Proverbs 16:25, "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death," and the reason for this is the fact that there is none righteous (in himself), no not one. Romans 3:10, and Romans 3:23 says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

What to do? 1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation (Appeasement) for our sins. 1 John 4:19 says it this way; "We love him, because he first loved us."

And then we have the promise of John 3:16. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

reading the forums (not to mention a great deal of history)
it is pretty clear that the various Christian churches are not compatible with each other

in Buddhism there are different sects as well and
no doubt they are in conflict too

if you are interested in finding Truth
i wouldn't avoid reading the holy writings of any culture
actually that's how i rediscovered Christianity

Alan Watts (mentioned in the OP) is simply amazing btw

Hebrews 9:27: "Just as a man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment".

Since Buddhism believes in reincarnation, they are not compatible.

Hebrews 9:27: "Just as a man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment".

Since Buddhism believes in reincarnation, they are not compatible.

I just happened to stumble across two psychics on tv telling someone about their past lives. I know it's from the devil and was about to search for verses on the subject when I saw this!

Sorry for the off topic, just wanted to share how wonderfully the Lord works sometimes :)

Back