Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

But It Doesn't Say That In The Bible!!!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Creator..
Gen 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
Exo 10:19 And the LORD turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt.
Exo 15:10 Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters.
Psa 48:7 Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.
Psa 147:18 He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow.
Isa_11:15 And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.
Jer 10:13 When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
Jer_51:1 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will raise up against Babylon, and against them that dwell in the midst of them that rise up against me, a destroying wind;
Eze_13:13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.
Jon_1:4 But the LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken.
Jon_4:8 And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live.
Mar_4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
Mar_4:41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Scripture covers everything we'll ever need..

II Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

tob

The way I understand fear as it relates to the Lord, isn't as much about being afraid as it is about being in awe.

A few years ago we went on an ocean cruise. Looking out, I understood how big the ocean was, and how powerful it was. I reflected how small and weak I was in comparison to the ocean. In short, I was in utter awe while being surrounded by it.
Was I afraid? I could have been. But I had faith the boat would keep me safe.

In like, I fear the Lord, but I have faith that I'm safe in Jesus.
In my debate above, that is not the manner I was discussing.

Then you do not believe God and Jesus are one?
Yes. / no. Well, kinda sorta. Say, that wasn't a pass fail question of my salvation was it lol!
Eh... Where I'm at in my relationship with God, is I'd rather be kinder to my neighbor than try to figure out the trinity. Churches have divided over this very issue don't you know?
In a way, its kinda like voting. I just prefers to keep some things to myself.

Hmmm... It be one of them desputable matters don't ya know?

The way I understand fear as it relates to the Lord, isn't as much about being afraid as it is about being in awe.

A few years ago we went on an ocean cruise. Looking out, I understood how big the ocean was, and how powerful it was. I reflected how small and weak I was in comparison to the ocean. In short, I was in utter awe while being surrounded by it.
Was I afraid? I could have been. But I had faith the boat would keep me safe.

In like, I fear the Lord, but I have faith that I'm safe in Jesus.

Stove Bolts,
Thank You for bringing this up....Again we have the same word "fear" and yet the meaning is very much different then the others....TO FEAR the LORD.....Ok fear here is also Reverence or Respect or Honor the Lord. He is Holy and Righteous , the most high God our creator and so much more.....Fear here is to humble ones self and respect and honor God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back