Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

But what do you think, ....yes you ....?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think I get what you are saying. So you disagree with the speaker in the video?
"The gatekeepers of Christianity". I like that.
Christian Gestapo?
The secret police
self appointed guardians of "the truth"
I think Jordan Peterson is probably one of the very few people in this world whose sayings I wouldn't much disagree with.

Look at the way he speaks in this video. I'm just amazed that he has not got up and walked out on that person, it would have been quite appropriate to do so on three occasions.

I think Jordan Peterson is probably one of the very few people in this world whose sayings I wouldn't much disagree with.

Look at the way he speaks in this video. I'm just amazed that he has not got up and walked out on that person, it would have been quite appropriate to do so on three occasions.
Was this the turning point interview? It actually caused his popularity to skyrocket?

He's a clinical psychologist.
I think that requires him to have a lot of patience!

I understand Americans are no longer allowed, by law, to call the COVID infection, the Chinese Flu.
This is what Peterson was objecting to in Toronto back in 2016.

This is loss of our freedom of speech.....

This is loss of our freedom of speech.....
Are you saying that you think freedom of speech should permit you to name the Covid-19 virus as the "Chinese flu"? I think it isn't so much freedom of speech but abuse of speech. The meaning of flu is distinct from virus, so it's false in that sense, and to say that it is Chinese is only derogatory when you consider that all peoples have been affected by it.

Are you saying that you think freedom of speech should permit you to name the Covid-19 virus as the "Chinese flu"? I think it isn't so much freedom of speech but abuse of speech. The meaning of flu is distinct from virus, so it's false in that sense, and to say that it is Chinese is only derogatory when you consider that all peoples have been affected by it.
Yes.
I think we should be able to say whatever we want to say!
How easily we cave in?
What's wrong with calling it the Chinese Virsus?
Was the Spanish Flu also abuse of speech?
Or did it just explain where it originated?

What's happened between 1920 and 2020?
There's nothing derogatory in stating where something begins.
It's only derogatory because someone has brainwashed us into believing it is.

Yes. All peoples have been affected by the Chinese Virus.
So, you mean to tell me I could end up in prison or with a fine for saying that?
My goodness - we're further along than even I imagined.

I think we should be able to say whatever we want to say!
How easily we cave in?
What's wrong with calling it the Chinese Virsus?
Was the Spanish Flu also abuse of speech?
Or did it just explain where it originated?
I gave you quite detailed explanation of what is wrong with calling it the Chinese Virus. The Chinese don't own it and I don't think they have ever wanted to claim responsibility for it. Furthermore, there's many people who are Chinese who are just as much victims of the virus as any non-Chinese person may be, and so when you say that it is a Chinese virus, all you are doing is expressing contempt for the Chinese people - which isn't fair to most of the people who are Chinese.

There is in fact a more proper name for the virus - would you be willing to explain the reason that you don't want to use it?
What's happened between 1920 and 2020?
Human Rights: https://www.insider.com/human-right...ded-lawful-segregation-in-the-united-states-9 racism has become a thing of the past, according to official social narratives.
There's nothing derogatory in stating where something begins.
It's only derogatory because someone has brainwashed us into believing it is.
I think you have been deceived to believe that. What's the reason you don't want to call it by the proper name?
Yes. All peoples have been affected by the Chinese Virus.
So, you mean to tell me I could end up in prison or with a fine for saying that?
I think that if you are stirring up dissension by saying it then you should be stopped, but I also would extend the same strictness against other infractions too. It's not for me to do that though, is it?
Private message might have been a better idea zion
Yes, I think we'd better stay on topic.

"Chinese flu" is nasty name calling. From a nasty bully whose name escapes me at the moment .

Trump is a master of manipulating language to stir up support by polarising his opponents as evil.
"Chinese flu" did nothing for international relations and possibly contributes to a real world war.

I gave you quite detailed explanation of what is wrong with calling it the Chinese Virus. The Chinese don't own it and I don't think they have ever wanted to claim responsibility for it. Furthermore, there's many people who are Chinese who are just as much victims of the virus as any non-Chinese person may be, and so when you say that it is a Chinese virus, all you are doing is expressing contempt for the Chinese people - which isn't fair to most of the people who are Chinese.

There is in fact a more proper name for the virus - would you be willing to explain the reason that you don't want to use it?

Human Rights: https://www.insider.com/human-right...ded-lawful-segregation-in-the-united-states-9 racism has become a thing of the past, according to official social narratives.

I think you have been deceived to believe that. What's the reason you don't want to call it by the proper name?

I think that if you are stirring up dissension by saying it then you should be stopped, but I also would extend the same strictness against other infractions too. It's not for me to do that though, is it?

Yes, I think we'd better stay on topic.
Are you the one that agrees with Jordan Peterson? Can't remember.
Maybe you could listen to his reasons why HE doesn't care for speech control.
I agree with him.

I call it COVID.
I don't care if someone calls it the Chinese Virus. I don't think they should be fined for it.
There's a good chance they actually created it and it was let loose. Maybe a conspiracy, maybe not...
but it DID originate in a lab - or, at least, escape from a lab.
The lab was in CHINA.
So it would be called the China Virus.
I'm not going to take time to think up other things that are called by the originating place...
I mentioned the Spanish Flu.
So did the U.S. hate the Spanish because the soldiers brought it back to the U.S.
No. It was just a name.
Chinese Virus
Chinese food
what's the difference?

It's called free speech SZ.
Don't let anyone take away your free speech.

Just in case it wasn't you...

Trump is a master of manipulating language to stir up support by polarising his opponents as evil.
"Chinese flu" did nothing for international relations and possibly contributes to a real world war.
Maybe because they are evil.

Free speech zealots think they can say whatever they like, whenever. No matter the cost.
They have no moral standard.
Free speech is a natural given gift of God.
If you ever lose yours, you'll sorely miss it.
What you're talking about is civility...
A person could be uncivil if they want to.
Most teenagers are uncivil...should they go to prison
for it?

WHO is to decide what can be said and what cannot be said?
Is there some verse in scripture?
Or is there another authority besides God?

You used the word ZEALOT. Not sure what you mean by that.
I think we should have zeal for what we believe in.

I have to log off...but the cost of NOT having free speech is far more expensive.

Thread hijack successful .
congrats to wondering.
Now we were talking about Jordans interview with the British journalist
I'd PM you but you don't answer those.
So,,,here you are again attacking me for something that is done on this forum
all the time.

One word leads to another, and there you have it.
I've had threads hijacked all the time.
What's the big deal?

It was UP TO ME...to get it back on track.

I did ask you to please PM me but you prefer to argue on an open thread.
Amazing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back