Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

By The Numbers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JohnDB

So
Looking at average lifespans...

Your average healthy person, without special conditions, will live to be around a 90-something. A few will make it past the century mark...but most likely most won't.
Like I said....I'm talking about average individuals.
If there are some kind of health concerns... like pulmonary (lungs) or cardiovascular (heart or vessels) or endocrine (diabetes or hypoglycemia) then the length of the lifespans shortens drastically. Even though medicine can greatly lengthen lifespan...it still will lead to a shorter life than not having these ailments.

Guys enter the workforce usually as soon as they possibly can...but usually only part-time. So even if they aren't in career positions yet we can use an aggregate age of 20...then they usually will retire by age 72. (Earlier if possible)
Meaning that they have 52 years of income.
By age 50 they usually are around their peak performance and income range....both experience and expertise playing roles in this portion of their career. But as we all well know...at this point brain function and creativity begin to fall off.
It's downhill from here. Learning how to rely on talented others is a needed skill at this point if you wish to further career paths and continue to climb up the ladder. Otherwise you will slide down (career wise) to become a greeter at Walmart. Younger and cheaper college kids desperately in debt from school loans will otherwise take your skilled profession away from you and possibly become your boss. (Happens more often than not)

Physically speaking...
If those hangovers in your 30's didn't teach you anything...they most certainly did when you hit your 40's...and now in your 50's you don't even want to visit that feeling....you feel rough enough from an evening where you stepped outside of your diet plan and ate some fast food. You take forever to get over small bumps and bruises and sore muscles.... working out isn't as effective as it once was. And that "random" grey hair has gotten away from you and infected half your head...if they haven't fallen out by this point.

Women started out in their 20's looking young and beautiful... luxurious hair and bright eyed....but children and careers and stress from trying to do everything has shifted to periomenopausal to full menopause. Those hips and chest will never be the same again. Those laugh lines are here to stay and your wonderful hair?...bad hair days are the norm and not the exception.
Also the years of stress and hormonal fluctuations have left you one step away from the psychiatrists...mood elevators don't sound so bad anymore. Taking a vacation from emotions sounds better than a trip to an exotic location because of all the extra work it would require. But dealing with a wacko psychiatrist sounds very exhausting....and so you don't go.
But you have been at this for so long....that when the day comes your 30-something child tells you they are moving out...and they do. You feel depressed like they died one minute and angry they abandoned you the next...and you begin to revisit the notion of either mood elevators or home replacement therapy again. Maybe you can adopt someone else's disenfranchised teen....you live in hope of grandkids... maybe even sabotaging your child's birth control...NM.

And yet....
Somehow you firmly believe that you are a direct relative of Peter Pan....you are still young....you ain't old yet....

Since I'm way too lazy to read through all of this and try to understand it I'll make it short and sweet. I don't have marbles, I don't plan on replacing them, and I ain't ever gonna grow up so there! :tongue

So

Your average healthy person, without special conditions, will live to be around a 90-something. A few will make it past the century mark...but most likely most won't.
If there are some kind of health concerns... like pulmonary (lungs) or cardiovascular (heart or vessels) or endocrine (diabetes or hypoglycemia) then the length of the lifespans shortens drastically. Even though medicine can greatly lengthen lifespan...it still will lead to a shorter life than not having these ailments.

Guys enter the workforce usually as soon as they possibly can...but usually only part-time. So even if they aren't in career positions yet we can use an aggregate age of 20...then they usually will retire by age 72. (Earlier if possible)
By age 50 they usually are around their peak performance and income range....both experience and expertise playing roles in this portion of their career. But as we all well know...at this point brain function and creativity begin to fall off.
It's downhill from here. Learning how to rely on talented others is a needed skill at this point if you wish to further career paths and continue to climb up the ladder. Otherwise you will slide down (career wise) to become a greeter at Walmart. Younger and cheaper college kids desperately in debt from school loans will otherwise take your skilled profession away from you and possibly become your boss. (Happens more often than not)

Physically speaking...
If those hangovers in your 30's didn't teach you anything...they most certainly did when you hit your 40's...and now in your 50's you don't even want to visit that feeling....you feel rough enough from an evening where you stepped outside of your diet plan and ate some fast food. You take forever to get over small bumps and bruises and sore muscles.... working out isn't as effective as it once was. And that "random" grey hair has gotten away from you and infected half your head...if they haven't fallen out by this point.

Women started out in their 20's looking young and beautiful... luxurious hair and bright eyed....but children and careers and stress from trying to do everything has shifted to periomenopausal to full menopause. Those hips and chest will never be the same again. Those laugh lines are here to stay and your wonderful hair?...bad hair days are the norm and not the exception.
Also the years of stress and hormonal fluctuations have left you one step away from the psychiatrists...mood elevators don't sound so bad anymore. Taking a vacation from emotions sounds better than a trip to an exotic location because of all the extra work it would require. But dealing with a wacko psychiatrist sounds very exhausting....and so you don't go.
But you have been at this for so long....that when the day comes your 30-something child tells you they are moving out...and they do. You feel depressed like they died one minute and angry they abandoned you the next...and you begin to revisit the notion of either mood elevators or home replacement therapy again. Maybe you can adopt someone else's disenfranchised teen....you live in hope of grandkids... maybe even sabotaging your child's birth control...NM.

And yet....
Somehow you firmly believe that you are a direct relative of Peter Pan....you are still young....you ain't old yet....
In,part why I'm against automation.work keeps livjng longer .

In my opinion age is just a number. :)
Until you hit menopause ,have .we do age and the body isn't like it was.memory is longer ,when the 90s is 50 years ago ,you,will see,in one week the 80s will be 40 years ago.

Already early 90 cars are antiques,25 years is an antique.6 years from now a 2000 Nissan or what ever will be antique .

Until you hit menopause ,have .we do age and the body isn't like it was.memory is longer ,when the 90s is 50 years ago ,you,will see,in one week the 80s will be 40 years ago.

Already early 90 cars are antiques,25 years is an antique.6 years from now a 2000 Nissan or what ever will be antique .

In all seriousness I know what you're saying,.. but I thought that I already made myself perfectly clear. :biggrin

In all seriousness I know what you're saying,.. but I thought that I already made myself perfectly clear. :biggrin

If only,was true .I,was 28,my,wife 42,things she said about me then I see clearly now.

Age will usually if you learn ,give you wisdom .a 20 year old male will do dumb stuff,more frequently then a 50 year old.

So

Physically speaking...

And yet....
Thank God we have something much greater than this awaiting us. It is outside the reaches of human opinion and human judgment of us.

Short term memory loss is a thing...
Also, thinking very quickly, is a thing that is something that used to happen.

It is? :confusedOh yeah,.. I forgot. Man,.. I am so going to get my butt virtually smacked by you at some point today between this and the donkey jokes that I made in other topics. :lol

So

Physically speaking...

And yet....
great aunt ella , lived to be 98, grandma adele 92, great grandpa(Ellen's dad) 95, my wife's oldest aunt 91. I have a great uncle or two on dad's side that died in their early 90s

great aunt ella , lived to be 98, grandma adele 92, great grandpa(Ellen's dad) 95, my wife's oldest aunt 91. I have a great uncle or two on dad's side that died in their early 90s

I love the name Ella!! :biggrin2 (I also really like Ellie. :)) Of course I prefer it being short for Elenore. If Joey and I have a daughter someday that's what we want to name her with having the middle name of Lydia since we do believe it's a beautiful combination. We could also always give her the nickname of Cinderella. :)

I love the name Ella!! :biggrin2 (I also really like Ellie. :)) Of course I prefer it being short for Elenore. If Joey and I have a daughter someday that's what we want to name her with having the middle name of Lydia since we do believe it's a beautiful combination. We could also always give her the nickname of Cinderella. :)

Eleanor orouke ,brother to john t orourke the second my grandpa

Still, it's just something that I personally would never do.
Their death records as are all public records ,how else will one actually find genealogy records ?

My surname has been traced to Russia used census data,death and birth certificates,passports ,I have seen copies pre 1900.

Much of that was passed down but the 1920 and later census shows all my grandparents ,the six brothers and two sisters .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back