Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Caitlyn Jenner the Science Experiment

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sometimes I have to take long breaks from this site. Yesterday's medical science was treated the same exact way as some peopel are treating modern medical advancements.

The Christian God is so vague that no matter how much humanity changes in the next thousand years, God would always be superior in concept since God is outside of definition. We could be walking around in fully computer controlled bodies and I guarantee there will still be Christians because of how Nebulous God is defined.

Sometimes I have to take long breaks from this site. Yesterday's medical science was treated the same exact way as some peopel are treating modern medical advancements.

The Christian God is so vague that no matter how much humanity changes in the next thousand years, God would always be superior in concept since God is outside of definition. We could be walking around in fully computer controlled bodies and I guarantee there will still be Christians because of how Nebulous God is defined.

I see you are blind to the blatant connection between Genesis 3:5 and Transhumanism.

I see you are naive to the blatant connection between Genesis 3:5 and Transhumanism.
They aren't connected. Want to know how I know that? I actually looked into what transhumanism actually is. I read works by actual transhumanists.

This is similar to your threads where you dissect words down to their roots and claim that there are insidious meanings cloaked in the words. You took a bible passage out of context. genesis 3-5 in context is the serpent convincing Eve to eat of the fruit of knowledge to become equal to God. Transhumanism has nothing to do with rising to the same level as the Christian God. The purpose is to improve humanity through technology. Meaning humans could become more resilient, stronger, and live way longer lives.

Believe it or not Christianity is only one of multiple ideologies that influence modern philosophy.

They aren't connected. Want to know how I know that? I actually looked into what transhumanism actually is. I read works by actual transhumanists.

This is similar to your threads where you dissect words down to their roots and claim that there are insidious meanings cloaked in the words. You took a bible passage out of context. genesis 3-5 in context is the serpent convincing Eve to eat of the fruit of knowledge to become equal to God. Transhumanism has nothing to do with rising to the same level as the Christian God. The purpose is to improve humanity through technology. Meaning humans could become more resilient, stronger, and live way longer lives.

Believe it or not Christianity is only one of multiple ideologies that influence modern philosophy.

Ok. Just throw the Omega Point out the window. Don't look over here. Nothing to see.

I can throw it out easily since It literally has nothing to do with Transhumanism. Its Jesuit doctrine. I guess you can't help the willfully misinformed.

Dispite that Transhumanists, such Richard Seed and Ray Kurzweil hold to it. Talk about willfully misinformed.

Dispite that Transhumanists, such Richard Seed
Does he? I'm trying to find more information on this man, but outside of his work with invitro and cloning, there isn't much. I found an interview of the man, but what makes you think this man is anyway influential or typical? Its also telling that after the wiki link, the entire page of google results all link to a singular interview or to inforwars.

and Ray Kurzweil hold to it.
Actually he doesn't. I've actually familiarized myself with Kurzweil's work. Its not what you are claiming. His research and books deal with Machines becoming more intelligent and humans and machines intertwining. He is prominent in Transhumanism, but he is far from espousing the ideals you are claiming and definitely not anywhere near as whacked out as your video seems to think transhumanism is.

Talk about willfully misinformed.
May I ask where you have gotten your information on transhumanism? What books have you read? When I ask about books, I'm referring to books by transhumanists.

The purpose is to improve humanity through technology. Meaning humans could become more resilient, stronger, and live way longer lives.

This is a perfectly reasonable goal of someone with a secular world view. Improve the now by any means possible. Prolong life here and now.

As Christians, we know God knit us in our mothers' wombs. He creates us in His image. He knows our comings and goings. As Christians, we know we are crafted perfectly by Him, and it is the product of our own poor choices in eating, resting, and a sedimentary lifestyle combined with original sin and a broken world that collectively breaks down our quality of life.

Above all that is the goal of the Christian to keep focused on things of His Kingdom where our victory lies. I'm not interested in building upon what God crafted in my mother's womb thru technology. This is just one way we can exist in the world without being of the world.

I guess a quadriplegic that has mechanical limbs is a sin.

however, I do think that there is a danger in trying to perfect man and modify what we are via science.

Back