Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

California

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
HI Soulman,
I'm much like you. I have two homes too. So which one is really home? Who knows. I sure don't. Maybe it's where I am now, but too much is missing. If I'm at the other home, I miss this one too much. It's a mess.
Family in both places too.

I think of Romans 8:28 a lot. I'm wearing out those keys on my keyboard - but I have to feel that God has me where He wants me.

I'm really curious. (anyone could answer)...

What type of laws does California have that are not anywhere else??
take your pick.

https://www.google.com/#q=odd+laws+in+california

I read some of it.
I don't understand some of it.
I don't believe the rest.

Especially interesting was this one:
One is not allowed to ride a bike in a pool.

I sure hope they mean an empty pool!
Number 2: Why not? Seems like the safest place!

And why can't I drive a car in a house dress?
What is a house dress anyway?
And are the lawmakers willing to buy me a new wardrobe?

Oh. And how am I supposed to know all these rules?

They're worse than the pharisees!

Went to High School in Carmel not fun being poor kid in that place... but that is not a the point..

Carmel was getting law suits from twisted ankles ,, they had many cobble stone sidewalks .. so they made a law about the size of a woman shoe heel

Went to High School in Carmel not fun being poor kid in that place... but that is not a the point..

Carmel was getting law suits from twisted ankles ,, they had many cobble stone sidewalks .. so they made a law about the size of a woman shoe heel
There are cobblestone streets in my town too.

You get your shoe stuck:
Too bad.
That's YOUR responsibility.
!!

People are expected to take care of themselves here. You should see all the little steps going up into stores. When I came here the first time at 16 years old, I almost fell many times and learned to be very careful.

I lived in Cali for a short while and went back a few times to visit family there. I have a few cali stories, but it's not anything that I'd want to talk about here. Nothing to brag about...let's just say that, every time that I step foot in cali, I make a lot of money.

I haven't been there in many years now, and have no plans to ever step foot in it again...:sohappy

Wondering, the state of Calafornia is the testing grounds for new stupid laws. They pass many stupid laws (especially gun laws), and it seems like, when Cali does it, then the other states are not far behind. But their always passed there first.

People are expected to take care of themselves here.
Which is good, and which I agree with completely.
But the other side of the coin is that we are to take responsibility for other people's welfare too. That means covering a pit so nobody falls in it, keeping a bull that gores safely penned up, etc. That's what a Christian nation looks like. Obviously, liberals take this to an ungodly extreme by making it so that you never suffer for anything whatsoever while you live your careless, reckless life.

In California, anything that gets in the way of the careless, carefree, reckless life is outlawed. That's what makes that state so utterly detestable. The thinking is, responsibility is all the other person's job, not your's. That would hinder the enjoyment of your over indulgent, sinful life.

Last edited:
and it seems like, when Cali does it, then the other states are not far behind. But their always passed there first.
Which is why, as jasonc says, the cancer needs to be cut out and cast away. Canada can have California. We'll saw it off and send it up stream to them. They'll fit right in. South America can have Florida.

Have you ever lived in Japan? It's the only way to know if you'd really like it.
Ditto for Montana. What different places you chose!
I've been to Japan 4 times, about 3 weeks each. While I did like it, I'm not sure "like" has anything to do with it.

I have a martial arts buddy living in Montana. If I lived close enough, we could train together.

Which is why, as jasonc says, the cancer needs to be cut out and cast away. Canada can have California. We'll saw it off and send it up stream to them. They'll fit right in. South America can have Florida.
Florida has its whackiness,but well trust me it's the nudist, and communes which isn't the government. Don't confuse Miami and the line south of Martin County with all of my state

Florida has its whackiness,but well trust me it's the nudist, and communes which isn't the government. Don't confuse Miami and the line south of Martin County with all of my state
Yes, it's a mistake to write the whole state off just because of it's liberal hotbed areas.
We can talk about the details when we are ready to mark the line for cutting.

One should also note that CA is a big place, and outlying areas are quite distinct from the lib central metro areas. Up north and central, it's pretty red and concealed carry-ish.

HI Soulman,
I'm much like you. I have two homes too. So which one is really home? Who knows. I sure don't. Maybe it's where I am now, but too much is missing. If I'm at the other home, I miss this one too much. It's a mess.
Family in both places too.

I think of Romans 8:28 a lot. I'm wearing out those keys on my keyboard - but I have to feel that God has me where He wants me.

I'm really curious. (anyone could answer)...

What type of laws does California have that are not anywhere else??

Rule #1 pots legal lol bad joke, um I couldn't tell you because I didn't pay much attention to the laws they had when I lived there, just sayn.

Back