Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

California

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I've been in CA all my life. The extra laws suck. If I had any kind of choice, CA would not be my first choice, but for the time being I don't have many options.

What did you do, put a hex on this thread?
No one's responding to it.
I've never been further west than Clovis, NM.
I have no California stories to share.
I hate that state with every fiber of my being.
If it wants to secede I say let 'em.
Then when they want to duke it out with the rest of us for whatever lame reason they feel they need to challenge us about we'll kick their teeth in.
You think I'm kidding....

LA is a disaster waiting to happen.
civil/ racial unrest
drought
dependance on outside irrigation
wild fires
mudslides
earthquakes
bankruptcy

All of these potential problems in an area of millions of tightly packed, liberal, helpless, gubberment dependent cry babies.
No thanks. You can have it.

I live in the city I grew up in, San Mateo. My parents live about a mile from me.

Where might I move if I had a choice? Off the top of my head...Japan first, then Montana. I have a good friend there.

No, I don't mean Randy California, the drummer.
I mean the state of California.
They have many rules that no other state in the union has.

For instance, I had the service light come on in my car.
My mechanic said it will stay on forever unless you want to fix something that does not need to be fixed and is expensive.
Just get use to the light being on.
And stay out of California.
They'll see your out of state plate, stop you and give you a dozen citations that are not illegal anywhere else in America.
Out of state plates?
Don't go to California.

I am forgetful these days, but I read something on the internet this morning and it said that it was illegal in California.
It was something rediculous, but only in California.
I've noticed things from time to time like this, just can't remember details any more.

How about you?
Got any California stories to share?

I grew up in California, The Grapes Of Wrath, 5 carloads, moved from Oklahoma, where I live now, to Southern California in '64. For us it was a great move, I went to school there but was on a bus the day after school got out, headed to Oklahoma for the summer.
I have family in both places, most people have one place they can call home, I have two. No wonder I'm so screwed up, but the Mods love me.
As far as their rules and regulations, yea, they suck, Trump will fix them. I don't really hear my family complain much about it, probably because their just used to it. I live in the country and have no desire to live in California, I've been back this time since '95. I took care of my granny for 5 years until she went on to her reward, and I'm sure she has one, she raised everyone in the country, she was one of those great ones.
Running back and forth through my growing up years probably kept me alive, now I would call it a " God thing."
Oklahoma has its religion, sooo no matter where you're at there is going to be things you don't like, but like we say in those short but sweet little threads "the world is a schoolhouse."

I grew up in California, The Grapes Of Wrath, 5 carloads, moved from Oklahoma, where I live now, to Southern California in '64. For us it was a great move, I went to school there but was on a bus the day after school got out, headed to Oklahoma for the summer.
I have family in both places, most people have one place they can call home, I have two. No wonder I'm so screwed up, but the Mods love me.
As far as their rules and regulations, yea, they suck, Trump will fix them. I don't really hear my family complain much about it, probably because their just used to it. I live in the country and have no desire to live in California, I've been back this time since '95. I took care of my granny for 5 years until she went on to her reward, and I'm sure she has one, she raised everyone in the country, she was one of those great ones.
Running back and forth through my growing up years probably kept me alive, now I would call it a " God thing."
Oklahoma has its religion, sooo no matter where you're at there is going to be things you don't like, but like we say in those short but sweet little threads "the world is a schoolhouse."
HI Soulman,
I'm much like you. I have two homes too. So which one is really home? Who knows. I sure don't. Maybe it's where I am now, but too much is missing. If I'm at the other home, I miss this one too much. It's a mess.
Family in both places too.

I think of Romans 8:28 a lot. I'm wearing out those keys on my keyboard - but I have to feel that God has me where He wants me.

I'm really curious. (anyone could answer)...

What type of laws does California have that are not anywhere else??

I live in the city I grew up in, San Mateo. My parents live about a mile from me.

Where might I move if I had a choice? Off the top of my head...Japan first, then Montana. I have a good friend there.
Have you ever lived in Japan? It's the only way to know if you'd really like it.
Ditto for Montana. What different places you chose!

Back