Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvary Baptist Church of Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JohnDB

They have done the unthinkable...
This church is located in L. A. (Lower Alabama for those who don't speak southern)
The Pastor, Reverend Billy Joe, has cancelled this week's services that was going to include snake handling immediately before the BBQ and Ice Cream Social. (I love his sauce on the pork butt)
He said, "Until we can claim victory over this Heathen Chinese Corona Virus we will have to postpone services for the foreseeable future."

:confused

They have done the unthinkable...
This church is located in L. A. (Lower Alabama for those who don't speak southern)
The Pastor, Reverend Billy Joe, has cancelled this week's services that was going to include snake handling immediately before the BBQ and Ice Cream Social. (I love his sauce on the pork butt)
He said, "Until we can claim victory over this Heathen Chinese Corona Virus we will have to postpone services for the foreseeable future."

:confused
That would. Be the Florida panhandle

Harmless snakes are fun! I don't do venomous varieties. I had a family member that used to have a black tailed rattlesnake as a pet. That was, before they got married and had kids lol. I hate rattlesnakes...

Anyway, I have heard of churches having closures. None here...yet. Hope it doesn't happen.

Well, the snake thing didn't work out for some of those dead Pastor's and so much for the Kool-Aid so that would not be much of an issue. Now when you mess with some good BBQ then I would be upset. :angry

Church services should not be canceled if they have faith in Christ as now is the time for the Gospel to be preached throughout the world giving others hope against this virus.

God is very specific in Matthew 24 of what things to look out for before the return of the Lord as these are the beginning of sorrows. We have always had all these things through out the generations, but never on the scale have we seen today. All across this world including here in the USA we see such devastation in the weather patterns, earthquakes in various places that have never seen one before, tsunamis, tornadoes, and cyclones. We have always had wars and rumor of wars, nation against nation, famines, pestilence and those who come claiming they are Christ. This Corona virus is just a new strain like all the others before it.

Instead of people panicking, they need to be trusting in the coming of the Lord and prepare themselves as this flesh will not live forever.

Now I'm hungry for some good BBQ, thanks JohnDB.:hips

Well, the snake thing didn't work out for some of those dead Pastor's and so much for the Kool-Aid so that would not be much of an issue. Now when you mess with some good BBQ then I would be upset. :angry

Church services should not be canceled if they have faith in Christ as now is the time for the Gospel to be preached throughout the world giving others hope against this virus.

God is very specific in Matthew 24 of what things to look out for before the return of the Lord as these are the beginning of sorrows. We have always had all these things through out the generations, but never on the scale have we seen today. All across this world including here in the USA we see such devastation in the weather patterns, earthquakes in various places that have never seen one before, tsunamis, tornadoes, and cyclones. We have always had wars and rumor of wars, nation against nation, famines, pestilence and those who come claiming they are Christ. This Corona virus is just a new strain like all the others before it.

Instead of people panicking, they need to be trusting in the coming of the Lord and prepare themselves as this flesh will not live forever.

Now I'm hungry for some good BBQ, thanks JohnDB.:hips

Remember what you said time and time again? Church doesn't have to be anywhere, (being one specific place) it can and should be everywhere. Including in your very own home. :)

So are mice,imho you don't think mice can be carriers of diseases you are mistaken.Mr snake feeds on mice.snake is good.

Mice can carry a few plaques,hanta virus is one .

At least mice are cute, but yeah,.. both animals are free to enjoy their natural lives outside,.. but when mice come in the house and snakes come by me,.. then they better watch out.

At least mice are cute, but yeah,.. both animals are free to enjoy their natural lives outside,.. but when mice come in the house and snakes come by me,.. then they better watch out.
Mice aren't cute,they smell. I hate them I must dig out their droppings in water meter boxes,or because a bird lover avoid then on electric meters when I,did read electric.

Mice aren't cute,they smell. I hate them I must dig out their droppings in water meter boxes,or because a bird lover avoid then on electric meters when I,did read electric.

Well then obviously you would never have one for a pet. Have you ever had gerbils or hamsters before?

I wasn't talking having a snake or rodent as domestic .I only kill them if necessary ,I sling the snake out of the way

Well, even when it comes to snakes I wouldn't want anything to suffer. I remember posting of the picture of the snake that I accidentally ran over with my bike. I hope it died quickly because believe it or not I actually didn't mean to do that. I've had hamsters and gerbils before, but you won't ever catch me getting a snake! That's one big HUGE NO. :nonono

Back