Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Calvary Baptist Church of Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
3sbxqy.jpg

Just trying to lighten the mood around here.

We say that we like change...but usually only life changes that we enact.
When God or the Earth does so we tend to go into a variety of different responses.
Denial
Anger... blaming ourselves or others
Depression
Sorrow

We didn't cause this. We had no control over the situation. We feel lost because we don't know how to navigate through the new world we find ourselves in. The rules have changed and we don't want to have this change.

It happens to all of us from time to time. A lost job. A divorce. New chronic health problem. A tornado or flood.

But I'm reminded of the story Jesus tells about two houses. One built on sand and another built on rock.
Jesus said "When the storm came..."
He didn't say "If a storm came..."

Meaning that storms are coming. There never has been a life/generation storm free.
This epidemic is just another storm. Those of us trusting in Jesus will survive and be fine. Our house is built on the Rock.
I've been through many storms...and I'm here to tell you that if God has seen fit to save his least favorite, red-headed, adopted, step child who causes him the most grief...how much more is He willing to take care of the likes of you.

We may be living through a plague...but we are the reflected light of the true light. The only light people got.

Just trying to lighten the mood around here.

We say that we like change...but usually only life changes that we enact.
When God or the Earth does so we tend to go into a variety of different responses.
Denial
Anger... blaming ourselves or others
Depression
Sorrow

We didn't cause this. We had no control over the situation. We feel lost because we don't know how to navigate through the new world we find ourselves in. The rules have changed and we don't want to have this change.

It happens to all of us from time to time. A lost job. A divorce. New chronic health problem. A tornado or flood.

But I'm reminded of the story Jesus tells about two houses. One built on sand and another built on rock.
Jesus said "When the storm came..."
He didn't say "If a storm came..."

Meaning that storms are coming. There never has been a life/generation storm free.
This epidemic is just another storm. Those of us trusting in Jesus will survive and be fine. Our house is built on the Rock.
I've been through many storms...and I'm here to tell you that if God has seen fit to save his least favorite, red-headed, adopted, step child who causes him the most grief...how much more is He willing to take care of the likes of you.

We may be living through a plague...but we are the reflected light of the true light. The only light people got.

I'm not sure what you mean about the red-headed step child thing,.. but allow me. :) (Oh and for the record snakes are a symbol of evil in Harry Potter too. Not sure how much you know about that but it's really discussed in The Chamber of Secrets.)

Media causes massive panic, massive panic affects those who have no faith in God, and having no faith in God causes no Church socials meaning "NO BBQ".......................so wrong!!! :hips

Oh, and plus the lack of paper products to wipe all that good BBQ sauce from you face while eating the BBQ.......................the world has gone insane I tell you!!!:yes

Umm, do you think I am to fixated on the BBQ..............not :lol

Media causes massive panic, massive panic affects those who have no faith in God, and having no faith in God causes no Church socials meaning "NO BBQ".......................so wrong!!! :hips

Oh, and plus the lack of paper products to wipe all that good BBQ sauce from you face while eating the BBQ.......................the world has gone insane I tell you!!!:yes

Umm, do you think I am to fixated on the BBQ..............not :lol

Yes LOL and I haven't gone insane,.. I have been insane ever since I bumped my forehead on the coffee table as a child. Then I lost my marbles a few years later when I moved for the first time. I never did find them or replace them because I just found it a waste of time. :tongue

Back