Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Camp Girl

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Perrinlan

In May I started working at a christian camp. During that month I heard that many relationships happen at camp and I prayed that I could possibly find my future girlfriend here. Last week I think I met her. There is something about her that I really like. She works with the resident camp and I work in the kitchen so I barely have any time to see her. But when I do see her I get really nervous because I'm really shy and I've never had a girlfriend so I don't really know what to do. Pray that God would give me the courage to talk to her and to get to know her. And for me to have time with her.

Dear Brother Perrinlan, that is a wonderful and unselfish request of prayer. I am impressed with your need and gentleness, and I believe the girl will be too. It’s great to have you with us.

Dear Father, if this girl is right for our dear brother, please open doors, and give him the heart, knowledge, and strength to overcome all fear in talking to her. Bless him to have a relationship that honors You, and gives them a sanctified time together. Thank You Father, and I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Hi Perrinlan

I recall your disappoints before in looking for a relationship, I really hope this works out for you.
Sometimes we tend to be a bit to hasty but we need to take little steps at a time, do what comes naturally. Just be yourself that is all you can be, I can tell you will give your everything into a relationship. It's just for her to see your qualities and what she would be missing if you were not part of her life.
All the best and I will keep you in my prayers.

When you are near enough to this young woman, say 'hi' ... ask her how things are in her area of the camp, or as how her day is going. Smile at her - even a shy smile is lovely! - and keep the mood of the moment light. Please don't tense up and become intense.

Keeping it simple in the initial stages will demonstrate you're offering friendship to her, that you've noticed her but have no intention of becoming a stalker.

After a few times of casual & brief conversation, and if she seems willing to be friends, when you see her and say 'hi,' feel free to give a quick wink when you smile at her. A wink can be a touch of flirting but it can also be friendly, an acknowledgement that you're noticing her and you like the friendship that is developing.

Becoming friends first is essential to any relationship. And with your shyness, she will more likely be willing to establish that friendship with you. Concentrate on the friendship ... it's really very important!

I remember camp... They kept all of us segragated for the most part. I wish I could find me a nice Christian woman. Tired of getting noticed by Jezebel's.

Things to remember when talking. Keep things lite and patience is key. Never leave eye contact when talking that makes your shy personality stand out more. Never lose that smile. :biggrin2... Or well more like :idea but have the confidence like :cool2. Being funny helps a lot just gotta know her kinda humor.

Dear Father we come together to ask for your watchful eye on this fine young child of you. That whatever happens is part of your perfect plans for our life. We trust in you Lord, so that we may do good. We delight ourselves in you, and we know that you will give us the desires of our heart. Amen.

Remain strong and always dwell in the land of faithfulness.

Thank you all for your prayers and tips. Today has been a little tough on me. Last night I got to spend some time with her but not a lot. There were a lot of people around and I'm not very good at talking one on one with people in a group. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to hang out with me and my friends today but I got nervous with all the other people around so I ended up messaging her on facebook. She ended up saying no.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your prayers and tips. Today has been a little tough on me. Last night I got to spend some time with her but not a lot. There were a lot of people around and I'm not very good at talking one on one with people in a group. I wanted to ask her if she wanted hang out with me and my friends today but I got nervous with all the other people around so I ended up messaging her on facebook. She ended up saying no.

Try not to be discouraged brother. All things need the right timing. Never know her side of the fence and maybe she had a reason to refuse. Just don't lose your focus on Jesus, remain pure. Even though we might want miss right, its best not to go for miss right now.

Okay, don't beat yourself up about it. As Jojoe says, there could be so many reasons why she said no, don't jump to conclusions and don't ever reflect on yourself.

I know it sucks when we don't get what we want or even for somebody to feel the way we feel about them. Keep a positive attitude and carry on moving forward, you still so young and have your whole life ahead of you. Even though we don't know why these things happen, just know that God knows better.

Don't over-think the reason she said 'no,' Perrinlan . It could be she's shy as well and didn't feel confident or comfortable enough to join you & your friends today. Perhaps she's didn't believe she knew you well enough to say 'yes' to the invite.

Please continue to be friendly towards her, and say 'hi' when the opportunity presents itself. Even a friendly wave is a nice touch.

You remain in my prayers

Perrinlan . Brother I could count the times I've been rejected by a lovely female on my hand......oh wait I'd need alot more hands! Lol. Stay encouraged and in prayer. God smiles upon us in times like these as if to say to Himself, " my precious little children". God knows your heart and He will comfort you and lead you if you let Him. Just remember keep being yourself, in due season God will send the right one. Make sure you stay attentive to His Will for your life. May our God direct your paths and grant you the companionship you seek.

Thank you all for your prayers and tips. Today has been a little tough on me. Last night I got to spend some time with her but not a lot. There were a lot of people around and I'm not very good at talking one on one with people in a group. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to hang out with me and my friends today but I got nervous with all the other people around so I ended up messaging her on facebook. She ended up saying no.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Dear Brother Perrinlan, as a child of God, you are of the kingdom of God, but there is more as God continues His work on you, and in you.

In Israel a young man that had just been married had requirements such as in Deu 24:5 When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.

Now I haven’t seen that occur in today’s world, but the implication is that we are to be prepared. Do not be discouraged, and when the one lady God has willed for you to be equally yoked with will not, and cannot be denied. E.g., she won’t use makeup and perfume; a sure sign she is ugly & smells bad. I’m sorry, I had to insert that funny thing I heard of Fox News yesterday.

Be led of the Holy Spirit as you are taken in paths of righteousness for Jehovah’s name’s sake, and look up for deliverance for the things from the things you fear you’re missing at this moment as God establishes your way first, and then will add your desires also.

In the meantime be of good cheer and show yourself to be friendly; you’ll be amazed the effect that has on girls in the long run; they need time to grow too. :)

God bless you in Jesus’ name. :wave2

I have a little problem. There is a different girl at camp that is best friends with my best friend's girlfriend. Last night my friend texted me saying he and his girlfriend thought it would be awesome if I dated her. Today, after that text, I kind of started to like her. But I feel bad now because I don't want to like two girls at the same time. It's just not right. I've been praying a lot about that today.

I have a little problem. There is a different girl at camp that is best friends with my best friend's girlfriend. Last night my friend texted me saying he and his girlfriend thought it would be awesome if I dated her. Today, after that text, I kind of started to like her. But I feel bad now because I don't want to like two girls at the same time. It's just not right. I've been praying a lot about that today.

Sounds to me like you just have the case of what I like to call hopeless romantic syndrome. Let me ask you a question...

What is the image you picture of your perfect worldy mate?

Now take a minute and think... :thinking

OK now lets hypothetically say that the girl you just pictured is standing right in front of you. Do you think that your just going to like a few things about her, or are you going to know deep down that she is the one.

I understand what it is to have these feelings, what I have learned is if you persue every girl that comes your way, you just might pass by true love.

God bless

Just my opinion, that's great that your friend is looking out for you and has your interest at heart. But it's also for you to feel a connection with her and not just because they feel you should date her. It is a bit quick for you to start liking her, just really try to take things a little bit slow. We all want that special someone in our lives and can be a bit vulnerable to just take somebody to fill the gap. Maybe it's just a bit of infatuation what you feel for her? But who knows, maybe you should start spending time with her and learn to get to know to her better, nothing wrong with that at all. Just always be yourself.
Regarding the first girl, stay friends with her and then see from her. This is just my penny's worth, hang in there and live in hope and faith. Who knows what tomorrow can bring??

I know it seems at times like our prayers are not been answered but I always tell myself it can't rain forever, it changes sooner or later.

Here's an update. I've been doing a lot of praying, and I believe God is pointing me towards the second girl. ( My best friends girlfriends best friend). I don't really know her that well so I thought I might ask her to hang out Saturday.

Well I asked her. In person. She said she was hanging out with another guy that day. I was kinda shocked and heartbroken so when I said goodbye, I accidentally said "See ya man." I'm so embarrassed and heartbroken and depressed. I don't even know if this guy and her have anything going on but it still hurts. I'm pretty sure they do though because I see them a lot together. I have no idea what to do at all. I liked two girls and the one I ended up liking more might like another guy. I don't get it. I have the worst luck with girls. It's kind of funny because the one thing in this world I want the most is a girlfriend. And that's probably never going to happen. In a previous post I said I liked a girl but she had a boyfriend. After that I said to myself I was going to stop looking for a girlfriend, because when I do, I always get hurt. I broke my promise and got hurt.

Hi Perrinlan

Not sure what to say but you in my thoughts and all I can tell you is just to hang in there.
I have been reading so much lately about where God is in bad times and even though it doesn't feel like it, he is right there..
Trust me, you don't have the worst luck when it comes to girls and we all say things at times which comes out the wrong way.
So, maybe she is hanging out with another guy but maybe God is keep you for something better. Just look at your qualities and your things you have to offer, maybe girls your age are not really looking for something serious or they not mature enough to realize what they have standing right in front of them.
All the best.

At this moment in time, I am confused and happy and scared. I'm confused because two days ago I really liked my best friend's girlfriends best friend, but then yesterday I spent most of the day with the first girl, and started liking her again. I'm happy because I got to know her and she just makes me smile. But i'm scared because I think she might be the one but I don't know if she likes me. And I'm scared because its hard for me to come up with things to talk about.

At this moment in time, I am confused and happy and scared. I'm confused because two days ago I really liked my best friend's girlfriends best friend, but then yesterday I spent most of the day with the first girl, and started liking her again. I'm happy because I got to know her and she just makes me smile. But i'm scared because I think she might be the one but I don't know if she likes me. And I'm scared because its hard for me to come up with things to talk about.
If I may.slow down.one or a few months of knowing a person most often isn't an good indicator of what they are like at home and if they are it.men lust for a wife after the wedding and before then later on its love.

Back