Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can a Christian be demonic oppressed?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Can a Christian be demonic oppressed? If so how?
This is only a response to this question asked. The devil was even after Jesus and he will try the same tactics to us. As someone posted earlier........we wield the sword of the Spirit (the word of God) at the devil. We have to know the word and have the Spirit to have a correct response to the devil because he will take even one word and tweek it so that he benefits out of it and not God.

The basic question is a no answer! If a person is not like better than 98% of the membership role but is a follower of Jesus, the Holy Spirit lives in them and they are sealed. The Demons cannot enter in with the Holy Spirit except, and this is a weak perhaps, except perhaps Satan himself. But God cast him and all of his followers out of Heaven leaving me believing, even e cannot.
I didn't ask the question if demons could enter a Christian. I asked can a Christian be oppressed by demons (or fallen angels).

The devil doesn't have to be INSIDE a Christian to depress them. Strong believers like Paul are "not ignorant of any of his devices".

The devil will oppress, depress through ANOTHER, WEAKER PERSON. A spouse, friend, child etc. He is afraid to attack you head on knowing your strength and anointing so comes through another. Probably YOUR WEAKEST Point since you do not think that an attack will come through them. Paul was attacked viciously through Alexander the silversmith. Watch out when he tries to flank you with attacks on weaker brethren which will catch you unaware.

My weak point is this. I am not always looking for an assault to come through a loved one and I have been guilty of stumbling myself and others by not seeing this sneaky ploy of the devil.

Matthew 18:7 (ESV)
Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes!

Demonic oppression is always directed to lead a person to sin.

If you are being tempted, it is demonic in nature.

If you are being tempted, it is demonic in nature.

The flesh of man holds temptations. Lust of the eye, of the flesh and the pride of life.

1 John 2:16 KJVS
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

Romans 7:19-20 KJVS
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. [20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Last edited:
The flesh of man holds temptations. Lust of the eye, of the flesh and the pride of life.

Hmmmm. I am not sure I would personally classify the flesh as "holding" temptations. I think that it is susceptible to them.

But, if we were to say the flesh holds temptations - does that mean the flesh is evil? All temptation is evil correct?

Please explain.
A born again believer is a Holy vessel. Which houses the Holy Spirit.......Satan can not occupy the same space. The only influence Satan has on a born again believer is outside the body tempting the old man. God gave us a new man......He never changed the old man, and the two are in conflict with each other (Gal. 5:15-17). But temptation comes from the weakness of the baby in Christ who has not matured to an adult son. (James 1:1-19) (1 Cor. 3:1-3). Judas is a good example of a Christian in name only (Satan was in Him) John 17:11-13. The answers you ask are in Scripture....but are Spiritual. Christ was even tempted by Satan, but with no avail. Study prayerfully. The Truth will come, but not without trials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm. I am not sure I would personally classify the flesh as "holding" temptations. I think that it is susceptible to them.

But, if we were to say the flesh holds temptations - does that mean the flesh is evil? All temptation is evil correct?
No, the flesh isn't evil, it's just part of our fallen nature that needs redemption.

James 1:14-15, "But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death." (ESV)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back