Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can a Christian be forgiven if he kills in self defence.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Anna1334

I like to know that if our government declares a marshal law at any given time should not the Christians take up weapons and defend themselves against an evil take over of the government. What will you do? If somebody told you to take the mark of the beast or you will die would you at least try to protect your love ones? :confused

I like to know that if our government declares a marshal law at any given time should not the Christians take up weapons and defend themselves against an evil take over of the government.
No.

If somebody told you to take the mark of the beast or you will die would you at least try to protect your love ones?
No.

I like to know that if our government declares a marshal law at any given time should not the Christians take up weapons and defend themselves against an evil take over of the government.

If it happens in my time i am already prepared.

What will you do? If somebody told you to take the mark of the beast or you will die would you at least try to protect your love ones?

Yes, 100% By any means necessary.

Then again I am a trained government killer, with weapon and explosive caches ;)

That is an unbiblical and un-Christian position, utterly foreign to the early Christians.

Free said:
That is an unbiblical and un-Christian position, utterly foreign to the early Christians.

What? The Marshall law, the mark of the beast or my position to defend myself/loved ones?

Defense of self and loved ones in certain situations.

Free said:
Defense of self and loved ones in certain situations.

I know it might not be biblical but regardless i can't let my family be tortured/killed while i sit back and do nothing.

The title of this thread is "Can a Christian be forgiven if he kills in self defense?."

I say yes. I believe that is simple enough to answer XD

I guess I wouldn't fight them with guns, I only know if it is to protect my love ones yes, because greater love have no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends. John you are right in this. About my other question, the Illuminati calls us sheep and they laugh at us knowing that we will not fight. So these evil people who are in office and are breaking our constitution peace by peace and our bill of rights, should at least all the Christians take up a fight not with arms, but go to Washington by the thousands and protest our right to freedom; not doing so will be a sin and we will get what we deserve an evil empire rule by a dictator who will be cruel and ruthless. :biggrin

A Christian can be forgiven anything, even murder. The bible makes this clear. However, defending yourself and family is only natural for most people, so I don't see that as something that even requires forgiveness. Is it showing love to those who hate you if you stand back and let them do evil? ( :) Consider this rhetorical; it's too involved to be answered here).

There's also a certain amount of irony in Americans discussing government takeovers. After all, didn't many American Christians fight to overthrow the British?

Re: Can a Christian be forgiven if he kills in self defense.

Anna1334 said:
Can a Christian be forgiven if he kills in self defense.

Strthyboy hit the nail on the head. Christ died that all people could be forgiven of all sin. You know this Anna.

Can an illuminati not kill or steal power and still be an illuminati?

JohnMuise said:
The title of this thread is "Can a Christian be forgiven if he kills in self defense?."

I say yes. I believe that is simple enough to answer XD
While the title asks one thing, the OP asks another. A Christian can be forgiven for killing in self-defense but whether or not Christians ought to kill in self defense is something else entirely. It could be, and maybe should be, argued that Christians ought never kill in self-defense, ever. I would think that that is inline with what Christ taught and what his earliest followers believed.

I wouldn't necessarily put the 2 together! Just because a govt declares marshall law doesn't mean they are the 'beast'!

I don't know if you mean if for a time there is marshall law should we defend ourselves against the govt. Or if we KNOW that it is the evil, revelation type govt is it OK to kill one of the soldiers of the beast.

I would be careful in tying the two together just because what if you thought you were right (they were the beast) and you were wrong?

Generally self defence (someone breaks in your home about to shoot loved ones) and you hit them over the head to stop them not so much with the intent to kill but to stop them then I don't think there is anything to forgive.

I was thinking though that if I was in a hostage situation I would volunteer to die first, hopefully explaining to others and to the killer that I am a christian and know 100% that I am going to heaven and that they can have that assurance too. I would hope I would have the chance to witness to the bad guy to say "I pray that there will be a day that you know and want to accept the gospel when that comes know that I forgive you more importantly God forgives you and want you to use this story to help others".

I told my husband that, (we have weird conversations while watching hostage movies :biggrin ) and he would know to give people contact numbers of the church.
Well thats in theory I hope God gives me the strength if I am in that situation to do it and not be a coward!!

Anna1334 is a hard-core conspiracy theorist. If you read some of her other posts, you'll see that everything bad in the world is done by a secret group called the illuminati. This group is apparently bent on world domination.

Because marshal law is not good then the illuminati must have caused it. Not sure how we go from the illuminati to the beast. :confused

I wonder Anna are the illuminati and the beast the same thing?

Joshua said:
Anna1334 is a hard-core conspiracy theorist. If you read some of her other posts, you'll see that everything bad in the world is done by a secret group called the illuminati. This group is apparently bent on world domination.

Because marshal law is not good then the illuminati must have caused it. Not sure how we go from the illuminati to the beast. :confused

I wonder Anna are the illuminati and the beast the same thing?

Thanks for the info - good to know :) Slowly trying to get to know posters and where they are coming from here - guess it takes a lot of time!

Joshua said:

I wonder Anna are the Illuminati and the beast the same thing?

I am a conspiracy theorist myself, but i focus mostly on the 9/11 events. I don't know too much on the Illuminati :shrug

There are several Bible quotations, "we are counted as sheep to the slaughter the day long", "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword", "he who is destined to go to prison will go to prison". Here is the patience of the Saints.

We can be sure in these last days persecution will get worse, and worse. We are also told to obey the laws of the land, until they become unGodly, and this country has become more or less unGodly. So if you obey God, you are sure to face some bad times "Soon". The early Christians considered it a privilege, to be martyred for Christ sake. But I wonder how the majority of spoiled American Christians, would answer this question. Oh yes, and have you ever read Foxes Book of Martyrs. :)

I am very proud to say that I have a relative who is in Foxe's Book of Martyrs. His name is Nicolas Ridley and he was the Bishop of London in the 1550's and was burned at the stake with Hugh Latimer for refusing to recant his Protestant faith.

corsses2.jpg

Hugh Latimer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Hugh Latimer

Religious reformer and martyr
Born circa. 1485-1490
Thurcaston, Leicestershire, England
Died October 16, 1555
Oxford, England
Part of a series on
Anglicanism
Background

King James Bible · Christianity · Protestantism · English Reformation · Calvinism · Catholicism · Apostolic Succession
People

Martyrs · John Wycliffe · William Tyndale · Hugh Latimer · Thomas Cranmer · Henry VIII · Matthew Parker · John Jewel · Edward VI · Elizabeth I · Richard Hooker · William Laud · Saints
Liturgy and Worship

Book of Common Prayer · High Church · Low Church · Broad Church · Oxford Movement · Evangelicalism · 39 Articles · Homilies · Doctrine · Ministry · Sacraments
Organisation

Anglican Communion
Instruments of Communion:
Archbishop of Canterbury · Lambeth Conferences · Primates' Meeting · Anglican Consultative Council

Continuing Anglican movement
This box: view • talk • edit

Anglicanism portal

Hugh Latimer (c. 1485-October 16, 1555) was the bishop of Worcester, and by his death he became a famous martyr among Protestants and the Church of England.

Latimer was born into a family of farmers in Thurcaston, Leicestershire. From around 14 years of age he started to attend Peterhouse, Cambridge, and was known as a good student. After receiving his academic degrees and being ordained, he developed a reputation as a very zealous Roman Catholic. At first he opposed the Lutheran opinion of his day, but his views changed after meeting the clergyman Thomas Bilney.

In 1510, he was elected a Fellow of Clare College, Cambridge and in 1522 became university preacher. He became noted for his reformist teachings, which attracted the attention of the authorities. He became a noted preacher more widely. In 1535, he was appointed Bishop of Worcester, in succession to an Italian absentee, and promoted reformed teachings in his diocese. In 1539, he opposed Henry VIII's Six Articles, with the result that he was forced to resign his bishopric and imprisoned in the Tower of London (where he was again in 1546).

During the reign of Henry's son Edward VI, he was restored to favour as the English church moved in a more Protestant direction, becoming court preacher until 1550. He then served as chaplain to Katherine Duchess of Suffolk. However, when Edward VI's sister Queen Mary I came to the throne, he was tried for his beliefs and teachings in Oxford and imprisoned. In October 1555 he was burned at the stake outside Balliol College, Oxford.

Latimer was executed beside Nicholas Ridley. He is quoted as having said to Ridley:

Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.[1]

The deaths of Latimer, Ridley and later Cranmer  now known as the Oxford Martyrs  are commemorated in Oxford by the Victorian Martyrs' Memorial which is located near the actual execution site. The Latimer room in Clare College, Cambridge is named after him.

Never will forget those infamous words, I've kept those words with me ever since the day I read them in 1972:
Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
:amen

turnorburn

twocents.gif

Ginger said:
Generally self defence (someone breaks in your home about to shoot loved ones) and you hit them over the head to stop them not so much with the intent to kill but to stop them then I don't think there is anything to forgive.

I agree a 100 percent (but only if morals are not absolute ;) ) Nobody should ever protect anyone with the intention to murder, rather; it should be to prevent murder.

Ginger said:
I was thinking though that if I was in a hostage situation I would volunteer to die first

:thumb Amen, Ginger. As Christians, we have nothing to fear from death and i believe everything to gain from emulating Christ's willingness to sacrifice Himself for others.

Ginger said:
Slowly trying to get to know posters and where they are coming from here - guess it takes a lot of time!

You should click on the forum members names and you'll be taken to they're profile page and can view all of their previous posts. I find this very useful when there is a paticular members whose posts and views i enjoy. :)

God bless,
Gabriel

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back