Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can a Christian celebrate Halloween?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Can a Christian Celebrate Halloween?

Greetings new life.

If I may offer a little constructive criticism, with a title like that most people will be waiting for you to get to something hard hitting regarding your position (either for or against). You seem affable on camera, and your delivery is natural, but I doubt if most people will stay with you long on that particular title, because they aren't looking for a theological treatise or approach. Most would be looking for Yes, or No, and then immediate supports for why you chose the position you did.

Just a friendly heads up.
- H

One thing I use as a rule is the bible informs us thier must be differences of opinions called heresies among born again believers as oral traditions,(personal commentaries) seeing his kingdom does not come by observing the temporal dying things seen .

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

It does also inform us there are oral traditions as heresies that are judgeable by which we can approach another with the gospel light.

Those are the kind of traditions that do despite to the fulness of Grace the price of salivation .

Good example of those who worship a queen of heaven teaching the no- venerable pew warmers she alone received the fullness of grace the rest of the world unknown remnant of grace and must continue to suffer wonder surfer wonder with no end in sight even after they take thier last breath of oxygen

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

When a kid, I saw life as black & white....right &wrong. If I had been told Halloween was bad, I would've avoided it. As a big kid, I saw life as a multitude of shades of gray and this grew the more I aged. Now, as I age out, I find myself slowly returning to a more black or white view. Halloween is a day the Devil. Satanists love Halloween. For years I vacillated on whether to celebrate or not. When I had little ones around, I did. When I went on disability and saw how my son was treated on Halloween because of it by the neighbors, they made it easy to see it for what it is.

Halloween 🎃 was fun till 25 or so lol 😆

It seems more commercial now. I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I would say all things in moderation but maybe an autumn festival with a church or something instead? It’s not just the day itself it’s…the way the culture is going…

I believe light has no fellowship with darkness, so choose not for me or my kids to take part in Halloween. They get plenty of candy and don’t have to be around zombies and witches to get it. They just try to stack everything they can think of by the kitchen cabinet :biggrin

I just think things that are not okay with God are portrayed as innocent on Halloween. We do a lot of fall activities though like pumpkins and corn mazes. We just don’t carve Jackolanterns or do trick or treating. There is history surrounding Halloween I don’t feel comfortable with.

I just think things that are not okay with God are portrayed as innocent on Halloween. We do a lot of fall activities though like pumpkins and corn mazes. We just don’t carve Jackolanterns or do trick or treating. There is history surrounding Halloween I don’t feel comfortable with.

Yeah. I'll occasionally buy some pumpkins if I'm decorating for Thanksgiving, but I do nothing whatsoever for Halloween and haven't in... 30 years at least. More like 40.
Halloween is a day the Devil. Satanists love Halloween.

Yes they do. One of their "high holy days," as if Satanists had any idea what the word Holy actually meant.

Clearly modern Halloween is dressing up in costumes and going door to door for candies.
There is no religious context.

If such is a "sin" in your mind then don't participate. But also don't judge those whose faith allows them to join the fun.

I could mention that Halloween was actually a Catholic holiday as a precursor to All Saints Day, but there are enough dedicated people who will still cite Jack Chick even though he made so much stuff up out of thin air that I don't have the energy. Believe it or don't.

Samhain and Halloween , Read all the article at the link .

The Origins of Halloween & All Saints Day

The eve of Samhain, October 31, was a time of Celtic pagan sacrifice, and Samhain allowed the souls of the dead to return to their earthly homes that evening. Ghosts, witches, goblins and elves came to harm the people, particularly those who had inflicted harm on them in this life. Cats, too, were considered sacred because they had once been human beings who had been changed as a punishment for their evil deeds on this earth.

To protect themselves from marauding evil spirits on the eve of Samhain, the people extinguished their hearth fires, and the Druids (the priests and spiritual teachers of the Celts) built a huge new year’s bonfire of sacred oak branches. The Druids offered burnt sacrifices — crops, animals, even humans — and told fortunes of the coming year by examining the burned remains. People sometimes wore costumes of animal heads and skins. From this new fire, the home hearths were again ignited.

Can a Christian Celebrate Halloween?
Well if like to celebrate pagan festivals that was let into the church. Halloween was allowed to come in by the Roman Catholic church which called it All Hallows Eve, which occurs the day before All Saints Day. All Saints Day was generally celebrated on November 1st after Pope Gregory changed it from its original date of May 13th. So Halloween was never a Christian holiday. It was the day before All Saints Day.

The Pilgrims banned the celebrating of Halloween in America because of its pagan roots. And Halloween was not celebrated in America until 1845 when a large flood of Irish emigrants came to this country during the Potato Famine of 1845-46. They brought with them the old Druid holiday of Halloween. Gradually, celebrating Halloween spread throughout the rest of the country.

And its origin will shocked you.....
"Samhain (a Gaelic word pronounced “sow-win”) is a pagan religious festival originating from an ancient Celtic spiritual tradition. It is usually celebrated from October 31 to November 1 to welcome in the harvest and usher in “the dark half of the year.” Celebrants believe that the barriers between the physical world and the spirit world break down during Samhain, allowing more interaction between humans and denizens of the Otherworld."

aha, so its a merging of the spiritual world and the physical world? that plus its pagan roots insists that its very risky to particpate in ifyou want to stay clean from negative spirits- coming from the occult and spiritualism easily 80% of spirits are not good or positive.

Back