Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can a Christian live without sinning?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The other day I asked my grandson a question about something that we both knew the answer to.
He said to me that it was a dumb question to ask and I explained to him it was Rhetorical, in order to make a point. He learned a new word.....

Is this question rhetorical? :cool2 Yes, oh, so was is your point?
My point is, Christ had series of challenges. Despite all the problems He was able to conquer sin.

We can be like Him only if we choose to.
1Jn 2:6

1 Jn 1:19 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to
forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
unrighteousness.

Does this give us the license to dwell in sin?

Read Rom 5...don't skip 6:1

unrighteousness.

1 Jn 1:8 “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us,” and this can run the gambit of willful sin to that of sins of omission.

1 Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin (hopefully this is all of us); for his seed (Jesus is the seed) remaineth in him (us): and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In God’s eyes we are measured according to the new nature of Christ in us, and nothing less than Him and His righteousness.

There is an old Lutheran hymn that begins with:
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us (not by us), who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. This is the ongoing work of God’s in us.

:wave2

unrighteousness.

??
I cannot explain the tension that is obvious between these two scriptures, I have thoughts on it but that doesn't count. These scriptures were written by the same apostle at the same time, in the same letter.

If a Christian says, I don't sin another Christian says, you are a liar based on 1John 1:9.
If a Christian says, I can't live without sinning another Christian says, you can based on 1John 2:6.

Can we live sinless, without being a liar?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back