Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can a mentally ill person be saved?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Schizophrenia is a clinical condition which has nothing to do with demon possession.Like a lot of other psychiatric conditions,it can be stabilized with medication.Your illness will not interfere with you being saved as the bible says;God Knows What's Inside Everymans'Heart
Pretty much.

well I would consider myself saved, I am a professing Christian after all

but In some sense I do think it could be demonic... schizophrenia runs in my family, so it could be that too....

I have to find a pastor in my area....please pray that I can find one who is not out to deceive...

I will pray, and others here are surely praying. You dont have to suffer, if it is demonic then prayer and fasting and the Word of God will surely drive these demons to the other end of the universe. Remember how Jesus said if you do certain things in the Bible that you will be blessed. Well these blessings will mean that you will have great health too.

well I would consider myself saved, I am a professing Christian after all

but In some sense I do think it could be demonic... schizophrenia runs in my family, so it could be that too....

I have to find a pastor in my area....please pray that I can find one who is not out to deceive...
Oats if you are having irrational thoughts already the last thing you need to hear is you have supernatural unseen enemy bugging you.

understand this- you have an illness a physical ailment affecting your thinking, your medication helps this.
Believing you have unseen attackers controlling your mind is not what you need to be told.

I am a baptized born again christian, I am filled with holy spirit by my belief in Jesus and repentance of old ways.

Last week I had a bad fever and cold. was it caused by a demon..No! its a normal life event. just as your ilness is. I occasionally have epileptic censures they get triggered by sleeplessness nd stress not demons.

If you got the holy spirit in you.. Its just lifes stuff going on, for sure ask for prayer if you feel you need to but dont believe you are being attacked by demons because its gonna make your thoughts bad.

Im gonna get bible to back me up here.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><tr><td>
</td><td valign="top">
</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

Believing you have unseen attackers controlling your mind is not what you need to be told.
I beg to differ, that is just what those spirits want, for you to deny them, then they can really take over.

officially a mental ill person doesnt aply to any rules of religion or so.
officially.
a person mentally sick/unacountable that is.
really rules of religion and so go of when it comes to being sick..

Last edited by a moderator:
and then if possible
the sick person should/ofcourse havbe a free will for do wanting to aply to them rules'.(salvation/baptising)

maybe it will be in a different way though, like rougher to me at least.
and further going through the person's sick whole being.
but if the person at hand is still capable of being real'..
then that person should be allowed to have believe.
myself i think even the persons own believe going hand in hand with decease perhaps.

i wanted to seriously ask this:

"if a person believes he's the one and maybe only one to having to save the world, would it be considered sick?"

as in when u tell the doctor so?

what i really want to get to with that is saying what'd you expect, of....:nod

go be real and think for a few minutes here and there.

I beg to differ, that is just what those spirits want, for you to deny them, then they can really take over.
I know you had good intentions bringing up demons in this, but if we draw parallels of someones mental illness with my cold and fever from last week can we determine if was a demonic attack that made me ill?The problem here is you can't tell and more than likely no it wasn't. I have been inside places where there was some And yeah physically in my presence they made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I felt sick inside.

My concern with a mentally ill person is if you wanted to pray for release of demonic oppression just in case you would keep that a bit quieter. I have been around people unable to process thoughts normally.

One guy a Christian (i later realized had mental illness) had crosses all his house in his garden including interconnecting copper wires to increase the strength of the crosses. He was also convinced the people at his telephone company were also satanists.

He believed his neighbors were also demonic and had a Variac (changes voltages on ac circuits) they used on him remotely. This guy is unable to process thoughts like most people. In his mind he has made for himself a worse problem than may actually be there. He has constructed a formidable army of demons around himself watching his every move. His thoughts are crippling him mentally. His inability to process information correctly has wound up in excessive paranoia. This i feel is our responsibility with mentally ill people not to make their lives harder.

For this guy he seriously would have been better off never knowing about it. I have seen the fear of demons scare normal sane Christians because of lack of understanding. An unseen enemy is terrifying for some people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back