Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can anyone recomend a non-censoring site

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We do not censor content unless it violates the Terms of Service that is agreed to when a member joins. Just be sure to read through all the rules before you join a forum.

Here on CFnet, if you feel that you have been censored inappropriately, you are invited to start a thread in the Talk With the Staff forum to discuss your concerns. The discussions in that forum is only visible to all staff plus you.

Last edited:
Let the discussion be public. Censored and your terms lean heavily toward censorship. If feelings get hurt...censor.

Not a good look for truth.

Let the discussion be public. Censored and your terms lean heavily toward censorship. If feelings get hurt...censor.

Not a good look for truth.
The discussion is public but, again, if something violates the ToS, which all members agree to when they join, it will be removed. Not a whole lot actually gets censored here.

Then why was my post removed?
Terms of service are too loosey goosey.

Also could you actually answer the question? Looking for a different venue that doesn't censor debate like this site has.

No idea.

What about them are “loosey goosey”?

Also could you actually answer the question? Looking for a different venue that doesn't censor debate like this site has.
I can’t answer the question because many who come here find other forums too strict. I’ve tried other forums in the past but none were as good as this for open dialogue.

Bit of an odd question to ask, isn’t it? Ever tried sitting down in a restaurant, looking at the menu, maybe trying an appetizer, and then asking the staff if they could recommend a better restaurant?

To answer that question, we'd have to know what post you are talking about. Start a thread in the Talk With the Staff forum and help us locate the post. We can see deleted posts so if you can point us to the post # either immediately before or after the deleted one, we can take a look. By starting the discussion in the TWTS forum, you will also catch the attention of the entire staff, including the one who deleted the post and he/she can explain the reason. It's best to discuss it there than here in the open forums.

No idea.

What about them are “loosey goosey”?

I can’t answer the question because many who come here find other forums too strict. I’ve tried other forums in the past but none were as good as this for open dialogue.

Bit of an odd question to ask, isn’t it? Ever tried sitting down in a restaurant, looking at the menu, maybe trying an appetizer, and then asking the staff if they could recommend a better restaurant?
yes i often ask persons for references to another establishment. Kind of like asking a doctor for a second opinion.

so which other sites would you recommend. How about letting me decide if they are more or less restrictive than this site?

When your postings are deleted we always send you the reasons why. You can find them in your alerts.

yes i often ask persons for references to another establishment. Kind of like asking a doctor for a second opinion.

so which other sites would you recommend. How about letting me decide if they are more or less restrictive than this site?
It would be better if you search out other sites instead of asking others to recommend another one. Many of us have joined this one as we like the structure of the Terms of Service that helps keep us in line with the word of God in how we present ourselves to others and to respect their views and understandings, even if we disagree at times. Also read the Community Message as this is what CF is all about. Heavy debates and arguing with others has no place here so if that is what you are looking for then you have picked the wrong forum.

I have deleted some of your post for violating the ToS and have given you the reason why that you can find in your alerts which is that little bell on the top right of the screen. I also save the comments that were deleted so we can discuss them further if you take your grievances to Talk With the Staff.

So if you want a site with zero moderation, uhhh.... try some groups on FB. People can go at each other as much as they like there. In particular, I recommend this group called "Oh look, here comes another non-Christian to explain my Christian beliefs"
Personally I found that group horrible for my mental health because so many of the members are straight-up bullies, but your mileage may vary. It certainly fits the bill for "no censorship".

Personally, I really prefer forums like this one where the mods don't let it become a war zone.

So if you want a site with zero moderation, uhhh.... try some groups on FB. People can go at each other as much as they like there. In particular, I recommend this group called "Oh look, here comes another non-Christian to explain my Christian beliefs"
Personally I found that group horrible for my mental health because so many of the members are straight-up bullies, but your mileage may vary. It certainly fits the bill for "no censorship".

Personally, I really prefer forums like this one where the mods don't let it become a war zone.
Even on Facebook censorship can be found. It can come from the managers of Facebook or from the OP in a post. One of my neighbors posted something that I disagreed with and when I shared my point of view, he deleted the discussion string we were having.

Hi dwb001

It would seem to me that it would be a fairly simple task to google 'christian discussion sites'. However, I'm pretty sure that you won't find any 'christian' sites that don't have some censoring of posts. We are supposed to be different than the world and censorship helps keep it that way. You might try 'Truth Social' if you want what is advertised as the least censored website in the world and see how that works out. I have heard some anecdotal stories that they do censor pretty much anything that doesn't agree or support their agenda, though.

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back